• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Grillin' & Chillin' Independence Weekend

I have a great idea, but by July we always have a burning ban on, so the campfire/open flame idea may get kaboshed.

yeah :D i was joking.. dont worry i'll man up in my pink leopard skin dressing gown and give the grill a go.. my poor bbq has been neglected since the cold weather kicked in

Is there any way we can start this throwdown on Thursday this time? I plan on doing a lot of grilling on Canada day eh, which is 1 day early :(

I will start it Friday but you can inlude pictures from Thursday since it is Canada Day. One long weekend of celebration and we can't leave POTAWIE out... or wait... maybe we should we've seen his work ;)

great weekend for a cookout...we got the kids and grandkids coming in Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon...Fri/Sat/Sunday are grill out days...working on the menu now...you can bet your sweet A** there will be poppers all three days...

Is it going to be just one entry this time?
one something off the grill and a drink to match

I took that to mean the drink and the grilled item are to be in the same pics/post.

edit- "grilled" meaning anything cooked without electricity as THP described in the rules

Yes but my question is about how many entries including food and drink, or can I just do a grill combo(with drink) as 1 entry

ohh its on kiddies

I get to grill AND make a drink

and no I wont use my homebrew as a drink concoction, I mean I am not a bartender for nothin right

Is there any way to change the throwdown poll so that the resuls aren't viewable to members until officially over? If it is possible then I think it may be a bit more fair for all participants

This whole 4th Of July Throw Down sucks for me!!!! We live in East Oakland so we usually just sit inside with bullet proof helmets on.

and not from typical fireworks.......

I'll post the proof of life Thursday.

This whole 4th Of July Throw Down sucks for me!!!! We live in East Oakland so we usually just sit inside with bullet proof helmets on.

and not from typical fireworks.......

well, we usually have a fire ban in effect and especially if anyone gets caught setting off fireworks!

No fire ban in effect yet, but day to day....maybe Yes, maybe No..........

If there is a fire ban...which means no open fires outside of approved Forest Service campsite fire pits....then I'm on to plan f, g, h i or K....

What do you get if you win? Are the crowns gone?

SoFlo has some craziness planned!
Does a cooler-full of "Hunch Punch" count as a drink?

Back