• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Grillin' & Chillin' Independence Weekend

I'm already on plan C snd the weekend hasn't even started yet........

Proof of life will be .76 in honor of 1776. .75 for those that round to the nearest .05 with their currency.

The madness will start with Friday's post, as usual.

You may start today in honor of Canada Day.

The rules will be pretty simple. A BBQ meal (or feast) cooked outdoors over charcoal, wood, or gas, direct or indirect heat.

One drink must accompany the meal, and should follow the theme of your meal.

Your theme should be festive (example: firecracker slaw would be a good name for a spicy slaw side dish).

One entry per person but it may be a feast!

This has not officially started (though you may) it's still a weekend thing so look for the post on Friday.

No questions please, if in doubt wait for the official post.

I repeat... no electric! :lol:

ive got 7 dishes planned, and am doing all the prep/cooking by myself, so this is going to be pretty interesting to say the least

Weebz, getting 7 dishes all to the table at the same times pretty ambitious!

I hope The Boss will address how many pictures can be included when he posts the official post tomorrow. ;)

Happy Canada Day, Neighbors!

i changed it to 6, with one I am going to make saturday and serve on sunday, so I am really only preparing 5

I'm helping my buddy, Tim, put an engine in his truck this weekend.....plus I've got too many people coming over for the 4th. I won't have time for this. I'll be doing a TON of food, though (king crab, lobster, shrimp, steaks, chicken, pork chops, hamburgers, brats, hotdogs........I bought $250 worth of meat ALONE....

It's gonna be epic.

If you wanna see my spread, c'mon over! There will be plenty of food and lots of beer! After we eat, you can vote with your stomachs!

Good luck y'all.......happy 4th!!!

Pauly, just take lots of pictures! We'll have until Tuesday (I think) to post! Sounds too epic not to share~

On the other hand, your spread would likely beat out what I'm doing...so NEVER MIND! You really should just enjoy your guests and forget about a silly throwdown! :lol:

Pauly, just take lots of pictures! We'll have until Tuesday (I think) to post! Sounds too epic not to share~

On the other hand, your spread would likely beat out what I'm doing...so NEVER MIND! You really should just enjoy your guests and forget about a silly throwdown! :lol:

I think I will. (sit this out, that is!)

Retta thinks I'm insane for snapping photos during every nice meal we have. (She waits patiently while I set up my plates and take pictures.....all while the meal I worked so hard to prepare gets cold) She's begun to think I'm not cooking for her anymore....I'm merely letting her eat what I prepared to show-off to you all.

That's not good.

pssst, TB- I'm trying to psyche him out...make him doubt his abilities! SSSSHHHHHHHhhhhh!
:halo:

oh. sorry. Personally, I don't go that route...I like this more...

" in all this cooking during the throwdown I plumb forgot if I cooked 5 dishes or 6. But being this is the new Weber Molten Magma 5000, the most powerful grill in the world and could burn your face CLEAN OFF.....you just have to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky? Well do ya'?.......PUNK!! "

That'll shake 'em up!

:lol: That's it, That's the attitude! :rofl:

oh. sorry. Personally, I don't go that route...I like this more...

" in all this cooking during the throwdown I plumb forgot if I cooked 5 dishes or 6. But being this is the new Weber Molten Magma 5000, the most powerful grill in the world and could burn your face CLEAN OFF.....you just have to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky? Well do ya'?.......PUNK!! "

That'll shake 'em up!

Dinner Impossible meets Dirty Harry I love it!

Well boys and girls I plan on kicking your arses with A SALAD!

Back