• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

That sucks scratch. I think home depot sells 250 watt hps bulbs.

I have over 100 ripe now and it barely looks like any of the pods are red. This is one hell of a producer.
9R59tFq.jpg

0GckQp7.jpg

I have not. Research has pointed to a burned out capacitor, or possibly the ballast is overheating. I'm gonna call HTG Monday and see what they can tell me.

So I went out yesterday to harvest, walked around the back of the greenhouse where some of my potted plants are, and noticed a whole flock of small birds hightailing it out of there. It took me a minute to figure out what they were up to, then it dawned on me, the priks! Almost every ripe pod had been stolen, at least 100 of them.... damn birds!

Part of me is still happy about the fact that there will likely be some wild prik ke nu growing around the area, but damn...

theghostpepperstore said:
So I went out yesterday to harvest, walked around the back of the greenhouse where some of my potted plants are, and noticed a whole flock of small birds hightailing it out of there. It took me a minute to figure out what they were up to, then it dawned on me, the priks! Almost every ripe pod had been stolen, at least 100 of them.... damn birds!

Part of me is still happy about the fact that there will likely be some wild prik ke nu growing around the area, but damn...

I think that's why we call them "bird peppers"...

Sorry for the loss!

Datil

For a small plant, these are very productive.  I haven't counted these yet.  There'll be time enough for counting, when the ripening's done.

DSCF2194.jpg

You are still going to win. I messed up also. I won't get my pods to ripen in time and then I will be out of state during the end of this. Have to fly to Florida next week.

We are coming down the stretch. I want to give Many Thanks to Zach and Brian for their creativity and contributions.
For the first time I have grown a plant that produced hundreds of pods. :dance:[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
  Full of heat Too.
Unfortunately, just a dozen or so pods have ripened and most of the others still bright green. [SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
No way can my count be competitive but It's Been Great Fun growing and participating - I will definitely grow Prik Kee Noo
again next year ......heck we all should Certainly have ENOUGH SEEDS! 

Eager to see what the high count will be.....

Back