• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2017 Aji Lemon Drop!

Going to transplant the bigger ones soon.

P1100777_AjiLemonDrop-1000_zpss2xlceoh.jpg

OCD Chilehead said:
Mine are looking the same. I think they'll be fine. Sometimes light intensity or to much does that. Had some plants last year that did it. All ended up fine. We shall see.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Well after the bottom watering...looking at them this morning the problems has not corrected itself....both look terrible  :confused:

Not sure whats happening....I have some plants that look fantastic and a variety of others with different amounts of various issues.

:(  :(  :(

Masher said:
New growth looks much better and will survive to stay in the game!

Looks good Dan.

My new growth is showing the same results. I have that happen to me every season. Only some of the plants. I think it's either to much light, and or nutes to early. They always seem to come out of it like nothing every happened. More or less some sort of stress.

Wishing you luck and continued success.

OCD Chilehead said:
Looks good Dan.

My new growth is showing the same results. I have that happen to me every season. Only some of the plants. I think it's either to much light, and or nutes to early. They always seem to come out of it like nothing every happened. More or less some sort of stress.
I think sometimes they just sort like of catch a cold
or something and have to kinda shake it off.  

I have a few like that every season. This year,
my CPI Habaneros have curl in the first two
leaves, but everything else okay, like yours.

Ugh.  A few days ago I got greedy and stupid and left the little guy in the Hell Aridzona sun for a little too long.  The leaves are clearly scorched a bit, but none have dropped - so far.  I think he'll make it, but my carelessness has no doubt set back the plant by a week or more.  If not, I'll promote one of my backup plants.  (There's the Darth Vader School of Agriculture at work again!)

Promotion.jpg

p.s.
I do this to my new plants.
A lot.
I'm kinda stupid that way... :crazy:  

Smashburn said:
Got my best 8 into Jiffy Pots. Have a little of the leaf curl others have mentioned, but good overall. Way behind some but coming along.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1423.JPG

PaulG said:
I think sometimes they just sort like of catch a cold
or something and have to kinda shake it off.  

I have a few like that every season. This year,
my CPI Habaneros have curl in the first two
leaves, but everything else okay, like yours.

Geonerd said:
Ugh.  A few days ago I got greedy and stupid and left the little guy in the Hell Aridzona sun for a little too long.  The leaves are clearly scorched a bit, but none have dropped - so far.  I think he'll make it, but my carelessness has no doubt set back the plant by a week or more.  If not, I'll promote one of my backup plants.  (There's the Darth Vader School of Agriculture at work again!)

Promotion.jpg

p.s.
I do this to my new plants.
A lot.
I'm kinda stupid that way... :crazy:  
After inspecting today, the Aji Lemon drops were the only variety doing that to me just before/after potting up. All new growth looks great and none of the other varieties even displayed it. Must be something finicky about the strain at that age? 

iziko said:
Do I have still time to ride along?

Sure! I bet Malarkey will even gift you a plant so you don't have to catch up! He's a real trooper, that guy.....

Seriously, the seed is all supposed to be from the supposed same batch, there are a lot of great peppers guys in this throwdown who might toss a seed or three your way. Me, I'm all done gived away already... :mope:

Back