• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing Upside down peppers

Here's an updated pic of the 5 color plant. Its doing way better than the other upside down ones and probably better than my other upright 5 color plants.

simply awesome as usual Potawie...I am definitely going to have to try and grow the 5 color next year

The upside down planters just aren't working for me this year. The weather here has been terrible all summer, with cool nights and rain just about every day.
As I mentioned In IGGy's thread, my macrame hanger snapped and broke most of my 5 color plant. It looks pathetic now:(

And here's my upside downaga. There's some pods but it's really not doing well either

And a fairy tale eggplant after I removed all the brown yucky leaves

Well I guess I can show mine off here :lol: I have 3 going I got them out late but 2 of them are setting fruit and the other one is not doing so good it a Habanero the other ones are
Hot Banana,Jalapeno They are all in 5 gal Buckets and I think they will have room to grow!

72108upsidedownpeppers.jpg

Pam said:
How would hanging it upside down stop squirrels?

Easy. When the little bastards hang upside down at the plant to try and get the fruit, it is much easier to whack them with the pellet gun.

I've never found upside down setups to come close to comparing in yield with my in ground Maters. That, and the wind seems to really rip them up here once the Monsoon hits and they start swinging around in it.

Back