• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ColdSmoke said:
Please recommend a pistol. Something with easy to find ammo, reliable, reasonably priced....go!

Jeremy, I can't say enough about almost any S&W M&P model, I have a Shield 9mm, an M&P 22 Compact on the way from Brownells, and they recently came out with Version 2.0 on the line, which should make for some awesome deals on the old line.

These pistols fit my hand better, feel more balanced and shoot more accurately than anything I've tried (no, I haven't tried them all), with the exception of a Kimber compact 9 I got to play with once. The Springfield XD line is good too, at least to me, but they're kinda ugly compared and priceyer....

I just got the Darlin' Bride a Ruger LC9s, she likes it a lot, great smooth trigger with a little bit of a long return, but, uh, did I say that she likes it...?

.02, shot all to hell.....

...shit, you SIG guys are comin' for me now, ain't ya....

this is my recommendation if you wanting a battle pistol.  

Beretta 96g .40 cal

Attachments

• IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 41
+1 on the Shield or the XD. Good guns and good for concealed carry. I prefer 9mm over 40 though for self defense because your recovery time between rounds is better with a 9mm. The 40 climbs too much for my liking and i'm usually all over the board when rapid firing.

9mm, remanufactured in bulk, is about as affordable as it gets for centerfire, around 18 cents/round at places like Freedom Munitions.

Self defense rounds are a little more, but seriously, are you going to waste s-d rounds on targets?

I have my eye on the Sccy CPX-1 crimson/black.  I was ready to order last week, then realized blackfriday sales are days away!  :mope:  mustwaitforsales... :kicksdirt:  but prolly wont be any for the sccy...

I  enjoy seeing the heritage pieces you guys post pics of.  Nice looking pieces.

salsalady said:
I have my eye on the Sccy CPX-1 crimson/black.  I was ready to order last week, then realized blackfriday sales are days away!  :mope:  mustwaitforsales... :kicksdirt:  but prolly wont be any for the sccy...

I  enjoy seeing the heritage pieces you guys post pics of.  Nice looking pieces.

Awww! Thank you, HSL!! :)

If I were you, I'd go with the CPX-2 instead. That safetyon the CPX-1 is just another moving part to deal with or that could potentially fail.

The DAO trigger on the SCCY is heavy enough that you'll never ever discharge it w/o meaning to. ;)

How easy is the rack on the Sccy compared to other guns?  I can rack the .40s but they are a bit stiff for ease of use for my tired banged up hands.  Part of why I was looking at the cpx-1 with the safety, one in the chamber with the safety on -vs- none and have to rack.     

Pistol Recommendation - SIG P220 - Its chambered in .45 but same model can be had in other calibers.  Rumor has it SIG is going to replace the current US military sidearm.  Very reliable, machined well, no slop in the slide and runs well right out of the box.

salsalady said:
 Part of why I was looking at the cpx-1 with the safety, one in the chamber with the safety on -vs- none and have to rack.     

It's made to carry with one in the pipe. As long as it's in a decent holster, it's quite safe imho. I carry a Kahr cm9 every day which is quite similar.

A Walther PPS is another one I would recommend.

salsalady said:
How easy is the rack on the Sccy compared to other guns?  I can rack the .40s but they are a bit stiff for ease of use for my tired banged up hands.  Part of why I was looking at the cpx-1 with the safety, one in the chamber with the safety on -vs- none and have to rack.     

No no no!!! You carry the the CPX-2 with one in the chamber! With the 9 pound, DAO trigger.....it's as safe as a revolver.

muskymojo said:

It's made to carry with one in the pipe. As long as it's in a decent holster, it's quite safe imho. I carry a Kahr cm9 every day which is quite similar.

Nodding!

muskymojo said:

Heh heh, I was under the impression that ALL carry pistols were made to holster with a chambered round....BTW, I almost got a CM9, really smooth pull, but I couldn't get used to the return to reset after release. It's a preference thing, I know, but for me the Shield felt good all the way through, even giving up a tad of that smooth pull.

Pauly, what brand ammo are you using with the Sccy?  Any issues?  That dude on YT had some misfires with Armscor, none with winchester and a couple others.

salsalady said:
Pauly, what brand ammo are you using with the Sccy?  Any issues?  That dude on YT had some misfires with Armscor, none with winchester and a couple others.

To tell you the truth....I'd never paid any attention to what brand ammunition I was using......

....I have so damned much of it, I've gotten kind of lazy about that!

nv52Eyi.jpg

Went and checked.....and here is what I was firing out of it last:

EnoZvHu.jpg

hSjOtLO.jpg

nv52Eyi.jpg

No such thing as too much ammo! Lol. Thanks for checking. I ordered a variety of brands and grains in both hp and fmj.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back