• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

Line up for this season is pretty much an appreciation for the growers here at THP. Basically, if anyone sent me anything in the way of seeds, they are in my garden this year :)

Birgit's Locoto (growdown) - Pr0digal_son
Giant Twisted Choco HabĀ - Pr0digal_son/Cmpman1974
Yellow 7 Pot - Pr0digal_son/Cmpman1974
7 Pot Primo - Pr0digal_son/Cmpman1974
7 Pot Congo Sr Giant - Pr0digal_son/Cmpman1974
NOT Black Naga Mean Red Cross - Pr0digal_son/Cmpman1974
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon - Cmpman1974
Calusa Indian Mound - Cmpman1974
Aji Chuncho - Cmpman1974
Praetermissum (heavy) - Cmpman1974
Red Scotch Bonnet Foodarama - Cmpman1974
Gold Bullet Hab - Cmpman1974
Florida Wild - Spicegeist
Yellow Bhut - Spicegeist
Choco Bhut - Spicegeist
7 Pot Brown Bonnet - Spicegeist
Aji Crystal - Spicegeist
Queen Laurie x Yellow Bhut - Spicegeist
Brain Strain 7 Pod - PRF
Fatalii - Justaguy/Guru
Bhut Jolokia Assam - Guru
Trinidad Scorpion - Butch T 2006
Rooster Spur - Guru

I'll also be trying my hand at some very awesome plants this year. Humulus Lupulus (Hops) ! Perhaps even some grains! Might try some rye, barley, and african finger millet.

I've literally just been getting the compost ready and trying to keep these hops semi dormant in the basement. Doesn't look like I've been able to keep em down though...lol
8529526839_75632a912e.jpg

They will go into the ground later this month, under a long trellis.

Farewell Mrs Fatalii. You live forever

8530636784_0e9642ffe7.jpg

That's a sad site rich. Looking forward to thus years grow though!
No worries mate! Give it a month or two! Gonna have some greenery to show off! I've got that old familiar burning inside to raise my little babies, obsessively watching over them as they inch along from hooks to trees, all the while knowing the delicate work will pay off come harvest season. :) Ahh, the gardener's life.

Can't wait to hit the trout streams too! Saving heads and innards this year for sure. Already thought about the few year round creeks, but haven't made it happen with all going on currently.
Stoked your glog'n again. Nice to see a fellow GA grow. & Always have enjoyed the info you share. Great reads!
Plenty of heat on that list. I have always wondered if we could grow hops here.
Need to let me know where to buy one of your brews when down in your area. Brewing for a pub correct? Would love to try one. Pm me if need be.

Can't wait to hit the trout streams too! Saving heads and innards this year for sure. Already thought about the few year round creeks, but haven't made it happen with all going on currently.
Stoked your glog'n again. Nice to see a fellow GA grow. & Always have enjoyed the info you share. Great reads!
Plenty of heat on that list. I have always wondered if we could grow hops here.
Need to let me know where to buy one of your brews when down in your area. Brewing for a pub correct? Would love to try one. Pm me if need be.
No pub just yet. Were not quite certain on location at the moment. We have a place in mind and are venturing out there in a few weeks. Have most of our recipes down though! Plenty of brew in the basement for a get together Im sure. Maybe after I get back and get the garden going a bit we can sit back, grill up something and watch the plants grow over a nice ale.

No pub just yet. Were not quite certain on location at the moment. We have a place in mind and are venturing out there in a few weeks. Have most of our recipes down though! Plenty of brew in the basement for a get together Im sure. Maybe after I get back and get the garden going a bit we can sit back, grill up something and watch the plants grow over a nice ale.

Do you use your spent mash and other leftovers in your pepper grow?

Yep! If you look close you'll see the one compost pile is full of grain!
I see that now. I didn't recognize it at first. (Actually thought it might have been cotton hulls, but that's just the southerner in me.)

Back