• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Has anyone used Air Pots?

I didnt single you out armac, but while Ive got you on the line, do you do much gardening? Gotta glog? Whats your favorite thing about growing? How old are you? Redheads or brunettes? Ever tasted pepper spray or get tazed? Have kids? Wife? Oh, do you garden much?

I have to agree with Pepper-Guru. I'm using 10 gallon root pouches and they are doing great, my brain strains and fatallis are really bushy and huge. The grey root pouches from greenhousemegastore are much better priced than smart pots. I found that smart pots are flimsy and thin. The root pouches are thick and sturdier material. Whats funny is my roots are some how escaping the cloth on the bottom and started growing into the weed cloth i have underneath :) I guess if any strong wind comes, they are clamped down pretty well :)

Thanks - Those prices seem more realistic. After all it's nothing but a bit of fabric, so the prices are a bit silly. Early adopters' problems i guess...

Ex cop tazed and been tazed, sprayed and been sprayed. Look up my post Small harvest from the Rio Grande Valley, see some early pods.....anything I can do for the GURU?

I have about 15 fabric pots going, about 40 five and seven gallon containers and maybe 40 plants inground. Not an 1/8 acre but I am happy with it.

Actually the original Air Pots are not too bad of a price.
Five of the 20 liter pots is $53 so roughly $10 each for the best pots you can use is not too bad at all.
http://www.airpotgarden.com/store/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=K20L&sid=0h6j5j3jwyib71431wkd25b5351d7lst
The fabric bags are that much for the good ones.

There are some very ignorant statements being made in this thread. Air pruning pots are superior to conventional containers hands down. The price is NOT expensive. Infact they are cheap as dirt (fabric ones I get) I will challenge ANYONE to a grow comparison to prove it. Same plant, same size container, same soil. Air pruning wins every time. Fact.

I agree 110% Rich. I may try some next season. ;)

WheN I buy new, the 65 gallons are under 20$. Show me ANY conventional container that size for that price...lol

True but most of us don't grow in bags big enough for an Acer Palmatum. :lol:
I know what you mean though. Even the 5 gallon black plastic nursery pots new are about $7-8 at home improvement stores.
I can find used ones pretty cheap on Craigslist but it usually involves a little drive to another city.

10 gallon Viagrow fabric pots on Home Depot site 5 for 25 bucks.

That is where I got mine, they make up to 300 gallon containers.

WheN I buy new, the 65 gallons are under 20$. Show me ANY conventional container that size for that price...lol

Can you reuse them? Conventional containers are cleaned with bleach then reused over and over again.

Not sure how long fabric would last compaired to plastic. Not sure how strong they are. Not sure if it would even be ok to have a bunch of fabric pots laying around the yard, let alone I would never use them indoor. Why not just use high porosity grow medium?

Theyre reusable. They are easy to clean. They last. They are strong. They are great laying around in the yard. Indoor outdoor doesnt matter. You use a high porosity grow medium. Why wouldn't you? They are better. Thread over. Good day.

Theyre reusable. They are easy to clean. They last. They are strong. They are great laying around in the yard. Indoor outdoor doesnt matter. You use a high porosity grow medium. Why wouldn't you? They are better. Thread over. Good day.

Well I guess if you used higher porosity of a mix it would make it that much better.

InDeed Capsicum. They are the bees knees. I wouldn't shit you, you're my favorite terd.

I have grown a lot of different types of hardwood trees, cacti, annuals, ect, all in containers using different partical size media. I feel like the focus of the medium is key.

I will try one with reg potting mix and I am sure it will dry faster then the same sized plastic pot. Thanks.

Back