• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help Identifying Pepper

Can anyone help me identify this pepper. I'm not going to say what it should be so that I don't bias the thread. These 2 just started turning color yesterday. They turn deep red when ripe. It's obviously not what it was supposed to be, and I know what everyone is going to say, but I just want to hear it. lol

peppers%252520003.JPG

peppers%252520008.JPG

peppers%252520010.JPG

Do you want to hear 'carribean red'? :lol: Were they suposed to be bhuts and did you get them from ebay?

lol.. 2 out of 3 right. They are supposed to be red 7 pods and yes I did buy them off eBay. I bought them from dragonfly183. Funny thing is that they do look like the picture in the eBay ad. just not 7 Pods.
eBay ad

BEWARE OF THIS SELLER! I'm about to go buy some more seeds so I can leave negative feedback. lol

Unfortunately, add yourself to the list of the SEED SCAMMED...

Had the same thing happen to me last season or the year before while searching for Bhut Jolokia seeds.

I sent the guy/girl a message on eBay.

"Hi, I bought these seeds from you back in January 2011, and they are finally starting to ripen. To my surprise, they turned out to be Caribbean Red Habaneros. I am a member of The Hot Pepper Forum and I have reported you as a fraud. I do not want a my money back and and I do not want any more seeds from you. You should be expecting a lot of negative feedback coming your way soon from a lot of folks. Have a nice day!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, nicely done indeed! I think i may go into ebay and have a little play with this gnat myself!! :rofl:

I sent the guy/girl a message on eBay.

"Hi, I bought these seeds from you back in January 2011, and they are finally starting to ripen. To my surprise, they turned out to be Caribbean Red Habaneros. I am a member of The Hot Pepper Forum and I have reported you as a fraud. I do not want a my money back and and I do not want any more seeds from you. You should be expecting a lot of negative feedback coming your way soon from a lot of folks. Have a nice day!"

That works!!

Unfortunately, add yourself to the list of the SEED SCAMMED...

Had the same thing happen to me last season or the year before while searching for Bhut Jolokia seeds.

I know. I was just really looking forward to my 7 pods since everyone speaks highly of them on here. At least I still have my Douglahs. All my other seeds I bought on eBay were legit. Believe it or not, my Bhut Jolokias were authentic. Bought them from karmalies0805. I will be adding him to the seed thread as a good seller from eBay.

I just bought some more seeds from this guy, but it won't let me leave feedback for another 7 days. DAMMITT!!!

A little more advice:

Be suspicious of sellers that don't post good quality pictures of the plant and pods, or ones that link to pics on other sites. This proves that they have no direct contact with the product advertised. That picture in the ebay page is not a direct picture. It looks like the seller took a picture, of a very small picture in a catalog and enlarged it. The posted pic is awful.

I just wrote the guy/gal a message that consists of pure BS. Lets see if he bites.

Hello, my name is Scott and i am from Australia. I notice that you call yourself a master gardener and am pleased with that as i too am a master gardener, in fact i will not buy seeds from anyone unless they have a degree in dirt!
I am interested in these "7-pod" seeds as you call them and just need a little info before i order.
1. Were these isolated or open pollinated? (if OP have you noticed any crosses?)
2. Do they produce well?
3. Would you be willing to offer a better price for the purchase of 1000 seed? (i operate a small scale commercial grow).

I have been fortunate enough in the past to obtain bulk seeds (birds eye, habanero, jalapeno) for the unit price of 8 cents a seed, if you could match this price that would be ace as it would leave a bit of money in my pocket for things like beer!
Hope to hear from you soon, may your day be warm and bright.
Kind regards
Scott

A little more advice:

Be suspicious of sellers that don't post good quality pictures of the plant and pods, or ones that link to pics on other sites. This proves that they have no direct contact with the product advertised. That picture in the ebay page is not a direct picture. It looks like the seller took a picture, of a very small picture in a catalog and enlarged it. The posted pic is awful.

I know! This is my first season growing anything. I am a total newby, but quickly learning. I will buy seeds from here from now on.

I just wrote the guy/gal a message that consists of pure BS. Lets see if he bites.

Hello, my name is Scott and i am from Australia. I notice that you call yourself a master gardener and am pleased with that as i too am a master gardener, in fact i will not buy seeds from anyone unless they have a degree in dirt!
I am interested in these "7-pod" seeds as you call them and just need a little info before i order.
1. Were these isolated or open pollinated? (if OP have you noticed any crosses?)
2. Do they produce well?
3. Would you be willing to offer a better price for the purchase of 1000 seed? (i operate a small scale commercial grow).

I have been fortunate enough in the past to obtain bulk seeds (birds eye, habanero, jalapeno) for the unit price of 8 cents a seed, if you could match this price that would be ace as it would leave a bit of money in my pocket for things like beer!
Kind regards
Scott

Nova, that is hilarious!!! Please keep us informed.

2. Do they produce well?

Kind regards
Scott
:rofl::rofl:

Nice! Keep me posted of what he responds back to you with. I bet he copy/pastes something from here as a response since I referenced the forum. That would be funny!

I know! This is my first season growing anything. I am a total newby, but quickly learning. I will buy seeds from here from now on.

Either buy or trade for seeds with members here, or from reputable sellers mentioned in this thread:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/11131-ordering-pepper-seeds/

2. Do they produce well?

Kind regards
Scott

:clap:

Back