• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2014 Adventure - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

HillBilly Jeff said:

Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Bodeen said:
Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

OW List is starting to take shape.

Big Bomb 
7 pod Burgundy 
Peach Bhut
Yellow Bhut
TS Yellow
Datil
Fatalii Red
Brain Strain

Might have to adjust this to more or less the closer frost comes.

Looks as though the Jamaican Yellow Mushroom will be coming off the list for this season.  There just isn't anything special enough about this plant to have another go with it.

Wasn't looking to grow any devil's tongue this season, but seen a yellow DT and I am intrigued.  It might make it on as a trial

Bouncing around the web looking for different kinds of hot peppers I ran across this one seed seller that posting in a description "Habenero, the hottest pepper known to home gardeners"

Prompted me to have to ask if the description was written in 93!!!!

Found three more possibles for next season.  So much for thinning down the quantity lol.

Aji Dulce Yellow
Habanero Lemon
Savina 7 Yellow

I can not wait until spring to grow these peppers.  I will be germing a few today with plans to grow one in the house until spring.  Many thanks to Steve!!!

MoA.jpg

Jeff, I haven't forgotten you on the yellow fataliis. I just checked yesterday and they are still green. Why don't you PM me your address and when I get a few ripe, I'll just mail them out. Probably at least another week though, maybe longer.

Jeff H said:
Jeff, I haven't forgotten you on the yellow fataliis. I just checked yesterday and they are still green. Why don't you PM me your address and when I get a few ripe, I'll just mail them out. Probably at least another week though, maybe longer.

Let me know if I am growing anything you'd want and I can do the same.

The second seed has started to show life.  I now have two in the dirt.

MoA2.jpg

I am using the top of the dehydrator as my heat mat.  With the temps getting cooler, but not cool enough to have the heat on, the dehydrator is just the ticket!!!!

Three days for the first one to show life and five days for the second.  Got three more seeds to see what happens.

Possible for next year to try would be the BOC and the Yellow Manzano.  Might have to start the Manzano way early, or OW for 2015 to get pods, but from what I am hearing they are awesome.

Did a check and found seeds 3 and 4 of the 5 I have on top of the dehydrator sprouted.  They are now in the dirt and my 4 pots are rocking.  Waiting on hooks from all 4 and I will be a happy camper.

MoA3-4.jpg

This is exciting!!!

In under a week 4 of the 5 seeds have spouted with the first seed popping out of its shell in 3 days!!!

Got my first MoA hook.  Well, its more of a helmet head than a hook, but the seed that took three days to show life, took 4 days to get out of the dirt.  Hopefully it will lose the helmet without my assistance, but if I have to, I will attempt surgery.  I was quite successful at it this spring.

MoAHook1.jpg

Was able to do some nipping around the edge of the helmet head and after soaking it and waiting a while, I was able to remove the helmet from the coty.  It slide down the stem, but once the plant gets going good I can remove it from the stem.  Long way to go, and a lot can happen between now and then, but I am on my way for the 2014 season!!!

MoAHelmetOff.jpg

Not looking good this evening.  Might pull out of it, but I think I might need to replant.  Time will tell on this one.  I got plenty of time to get these going before spring though lol

First plant is DOA.  Not sure what happened, but it has to be my removal of the helmet.  Plant will be replaced with another seed and I will see what happens.

Bummer about the helmets.  I think I read someone had success just reburying them, but I haven't tried that myself.

I can send you some white BJ seeds later on this fall, if you're interested.  I have several plants and not all look right, but some of them do.

Sawyer said:
Bummer about the helmets.  I think I read someone had success just reburying them, but I haven't tried that myself.

I can send you some white BJ seeds later on this fall, if you're interested.  I have several plants and not all look right, but some of them do.

sounds great.  If you need something, let me know.

Back