• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2014 Adventure - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

HillBilly Jeff said:

Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Bodeen said:
Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

WalkGood said:
Great list, congrats on MoA seedlings and I have no doubt you'll enjoy them. The plant is an awesome grower ... have a great weekend!

Thank you.  Have a great weekend as well.  These will be the only kind of Bonnets I will grow this year and I am thinking about running a bonnet only garden down at the barn.  I have a well and pump down there so the watering won't be a problem.  

Definitely think reducing the number of species I grow, but growing more of the ones I like is the ticket.  Sometimes I just have to try new peppers though.

Got some pics of the first two MoA plants that are still alive.

921MoA1.jpg

921MoA2.jpg

The one pepper is starting to push off the helmet.  Good news.  The one seed that had started to root has never popped up, so I think I need to start digging.

5 days ago I replaced the helmet head that I killed with a seed I just stuck in the soil.  It is now up, and it too has a helmet.  Hoping with some extra spraying it will also push out of it.  

Data on these seeds so far are:

4 of 5 germed
3 of 4 of those came up, I killed one.
1 of 1 replacement seed has came up.

Not sure what happened to the one that germed and I planted.  

If these little buggers make it to spring, I will have one heck of a head start.  Just gotta figure out what fert to use to keep them going, but not get them too lanky too fast.  Currently I have two dried cow pies in a 5 gallon bucket with water steeping.  Looking like a really nice tea after 24 hours.

I seen a post of some cream fatalii and aji pineapple that I am going to have to check into for next year....and yes, the friggen list might be growing.  I keep telling myself that I am only growing what I know I love and then these other peppers keep popping up to perk my interest.

Whats two more plants......lol

Decided to make up some tea for my new seedlings.  This is two cow pies in a 5 gallon pail filled with water.  I will dilute it for the young plants

CowPieTea.jpg

Started off slow with one Jigsaw in the dirt.  I have some soil soaking up water and once that is done I will plant one reaper.  The rest of the reapers, jigsaws, and all of the chocolate TS will be planted at their regularly scheduled times....This has just been a test.

I really love doing SFRB exchanges as I like to see other people enjoy things I have grown and I like trying new peppers.  The only downfall to this is my shortened grow list keeps growing.  The good thing is space isn't an issue.  I think what got to me this year was I sampled a lot of varieties and there were many that I just don't use because I don't care for them.  But I did find some awesome peppers by doing this so maybe I just need to keep trying peppers and enjoy all that it brings.

Okay, I think I got myself talked into it :)

Been one week since the Reaper and the Jigsaw hit the dirt.  I was really hoping that these would be up by now, but it is a bit slower than I had hoped.  I am still several months ahead of schedule, so until I run out of seeds to germ, I am in good shape.

Added two bhuts to my OW list as well as my brain plant.  I added it just because it is pushing 4 feet tall and it is just a nice plant.  

I am thinking of this south facing location as a spot for my MoA collection.  I stepped it off and counted 11 plants, which means I should be able to do a dozen here.  Just need to remove some sand and add good topsoil and compost.  And my pump is just on the other side of the wall so watering won't be an issue.  Sun reflecting off wall might be though.

MoASpot.jpg

And here are my super early started MoA plants.

108MoA.jpg

This is three weeks after the first hook came up.  That one died, but these live on at roughly three weeks of age as well.

Note to self:  When clocks are flashing because of a power glitz, go check your grow light before going to work and leaving your seedlings dark for 12 hours.

Awesome baby MoA's FTW ... I have a few that I started as well, also started some new seed from trade w/STEVE954 the Ft. Laud. Farmers Market Scotch Bonnet (FLFMSB). Great success to you and da MoAs :)

Back