• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies Horror movie fans unite!

Hahaha.....it makes you laugh and say wow a lot. Other than that......the one liner at the end is f*ckin amazing.
We were drunk when we watched this, so maybe that had a little to do with it

Oh yes CC dub......He's from my home state. I consider him a hero, lol. Bubba Ho-tep was great.

What was the one where he went to that small town that needed his help and he chickened out because it was real and not a movie or something....I can't remember the name.

Oh, yes. I still need to check out the Korean Horror movie scene. Haven't seen any other than the grudge.....which is the american version of a Korean tale I believe.

I enjoy the foreign horror scene a lot...but only in small doses. I can only take so many voice overs or sub-titles until I have to take a break for a while.

Some of my favs.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
The Hills Have Eyes (original)
I Spit On Your Grave
From Beyond
Re-Animator
Dawn Of The Dead (really anything Romero has done, fucking awesome, plus I just love zombie movies)
28 Days Later
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (don't know if this one counts as horror, but I first saw it when I was 7 or 8 and it scared the shit outta me)
The Thing
Hellraiser

that's all for now, way too many to list. :)

Horror movies are great but after the first saw movie the genre has been very disappointing. Lately it seems all they do is make crappy remakes. The industry also seems to think that a horror movie should only contain gore and blood. Horrors from this century in general lack suspence.
Anyway here are some of my favorites

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
Dawn of the Dead (original)
Saw (only first part)
Scream (only part 1)
Imprint (short one from masters of horror)
Event Horizon
Nightmare on Elm Street (I saw part one when I was 8, scared me to death :))
Psycho

Horror movies are great but after the first saw movie the genre has been very disappointing. Lately it seems all they do is make crappy remakes. The industry also seems to think that a horror movie should only contain gore and blood. Horrors from this century in general lack suspence.
Anyway here are some of my favorites

Couldn't agree more. There are some diamonds out there, just gotta look. For the most part horrors have lacked that sense of identity they use to have. Owell....just gonna have to wait for the next George A Romero to come along and put the horror genre back on it's dead and maggot infested feet.

Back