• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies Horror movie fans unite!

Why has NO ONE mentioned Cat's Eye? That movie scared the HELL out of me when I was a kid! I would wrap myself in a cacoon because I didnt want the nasty little Spaghetio filled troll sucking my breath out of me and killing me!
Now if anyone wants to talk Zombie movies, lets go!! I still say a MUST see if Black Sheep. No, not the Farley movie. Its a b zombie movie. If you have Net Flix, you can get it.
Then there is Zombie Strippers
Zombie Honeymoon
Automaton Transfusion
Day of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead
I could go on forever...

George A Romero is THA MAN!!!

I received a free copy of Eden Lake yesterday for being a loyal customer of the video rental place. I have to say that I didn't expect much but it was a decent movie. It had what other horrors lack these days and that is suspence. Also nice ending.

Well The Crazies was OK. I know it's a remake, but it still seems like I've seen something like this before. Similar in scenario I guess to The Hills Have Eyes. Well.....I would say it's worth a watch. Tim Olyphant is a good actor, but this movie will be easily forgotten unfortunately. Overall I give it a 6 out of 10. I am going to check out Predators as I've heard it's the best one yet other than the original with Arnold "Get to da choppa"

The thing is with Tim in this movie is that he just doesnt fit the part of a good sherriff, ya know? Kinda like that new series he's doing as a cop. It just doesnt feel right. He was awesome in Hitman and the new Die Hard movie.
Thats why I like Red Box, if its REALLY good, I tell people to buy it. If its just good, I tell them to rent it the day it comes out. If its just ok, then I tell people to wait for it on Red Box. I would say rent it when it comes out, but maybe not the DAY it comes out.
I did like Predators. I thought the ending was kinda dumb, but the effects were awesome! Good plot, a few decent surprises. Just coulda used a better ending.

Oh lists! A man can never have too many lists!
1 - REC• (spanish)
2 - 28 days later
3 - 28 months later
4 - The Shining
5 - Silent Hill (hated the end though)
5 - Suicide Club
6 - insert awesome Korean movie that's name I can't recall
7 - Alien (1 & 2)
8 - Event Horizon
9 - Orphan
10 - Poltergeist

There are so many great horror films, but i'll try and hit my 10 faves...

- Exorcist
- High Tension
- Evil Dead
- Hellraiser III
- Dead Alive (AKA Braindead)
- Night Of The Living Dead
- Re-Animator
- Alien
- [REC]
- Ju-On

The Teletubbies movie scared the crap out of me!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

zombies_teletubbies_by_eilyn_chan-d3imj7l.jpg

One of my faves...Basket Case. That stop motion animation is terrifyingly weird. I have a huge UK cinema quad waiting to be framed and hung on my wall.

First taste of Asian horror was seeing Ring on UK TV years ago....I was scared to leave my bedroom and go to the bathroom afterwards Haha. It's rare a film gets you like that as an adult!

Cheers horror hounds.

I don't believe any one listed House of 1000 Corpses or Devil's Rejects, the Halloween remakes were awesome as well (yeah-BIG Rob Zombie fan)

the Guinea Pig series - if you don't mind the subtitles
August Underground series
and just because its fun to watch other people watch it Slaughtered Vomit Dolls

1- insidious had that good jump out at you feel. 2-the fog (original) a great movie for its time. 3- the scariest movie i was ever forced to watch against my will was prob high school musical O.o it was horrifYing

nothing has ever come close to scaring me as much as the darn flying monkeys from wizard of oz used to when i was little.

haha, my stepfather says the same thing! shining scared me, and the video for'"ONE" really scared me. i rememeber taping the video off of headbangers ball,watching it and having to watch alice in wonderland on the good old V.H.S.,, i was just a little sickid

Back