• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

HOT dogs

I think it is high time that we start giving one of the US' trademark foods it's due. There are a million ways to make a hot dog, and I have had many, but I have a freezer full of hot dogs (I seem to never be able to pass them up when on sale), and I need some ideas. I propose this thread as a place to show off your hot dog prowess. Let's make them creative and of course HOT! I don't have a get started pic as this just came to me and I have just eaten, but I promise to chime in with some pics soon. In the meantime, what is YOUR favorite dog?

grantmichaels said:
... and a pretty good beer.

Nice looking dogs!

I had my first Hefe at a brew hause on the San Juan islands back in the 90's.   It had that hint of banana undertones that never went away once you tried it.  West coast Alaskan and Pyramid Hefe's were close back then.  The Banana bread is too much...too rich IMO.  Can't drink more than one but it takes me back bro....it's funny how I preached good beer back then.  Everyone was stuck on Coors and Bud.  LOL  look at me now bier bitches...I told ya so!

PLF dogs ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442195029.169361.jpg

SmokenFire said:
Been working on my coney style chili - nailed it!  topped with criolla cella; a new favorite of mine. :)

110x6v8.jpg
Hey Dru my favorite hot dog stand just closed took me two years to find a decent dog here. Any chance you could pm me or post yer recipe. Would love to make my own and love Coney style chili. :)

I hate shitcago dogs. nothing worse than a steamed soggy dog. pickle spears, tomato wedges, hard ass inedible sport peppers, neon relish. None them things belong on a hot dog let alone together. I want a hot dog not a damn veggie platter. When you go to eat it it's just mushy

I do like the celery salt though. If I could have a NY dog with some celery salt on it that would be good. Denmark dog sounds good too

I used to buy those Chinese hot dogs for like 65 cents in Chinatown they are really good actually!

And fun fact even though Coney Island is famous for hot dogs that Coney dog is from... Detroit!!!! That's a good style, coney sauce (chili sauce).

The NYC dog, blech! I don't mind if you put it last on your list. And never get that putrid "onion sauce."

The Hot Pepper said:
I used to buy those Chinese hot dogs for like 65 cents in Chinatown they are really good actually!

Basically a pig n a blanket. I'd wreck a handful 
The Hot Pepper said:
And fun fact even though Coney Island is famous for hot dogs that Coney dog is from... Detroit!!!! That's a good style, coney sauce (chili sauce).

The NYC dog, blech! I don't mind if you put it last on your list. And never get that putrid "onion sauce."

I'd rather grilled onions. 

D3monic said:
Basically a pig n a blanket. I'd wreck a handful 

Yeah but the dough is fluffy and sightly sweet, it's killer. I lived off of them for awhile!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
This is the what they use and it's disgusting, it cooks all day in the cart and has black around the edges of the well...
NY's finest.

They need to get rid of all of those shit carts. Trying to come home tonight from midtown and the f'ing Halal cart guys are wheeling the carts in the middle of the road blocking traffic.

I don't see how the NY dog ever got on any map. Pizza yes, dog no. Been to Chicago. I will trade in a sec.

D3monic said:
yea that looks gross

how bout that tijuana dog. That sounds killer

I saw a show on this recently. They used a turkey dog, but yes it was bacon wrapped with jalapenos.

The one called Argentina is called a Choripan and is one of the best up there imo.

Back