• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

HOT dogs

I think it is high time that we start giving one of the US' trademark foods it's due. There are a million ways to make a hot dog, and I have had many, but I have a freezer full of hot dogs (I seem to never be able to pass them up when on sale), and I need some ideas. I propose this thread as a place to show off your hot dog prowess. Let's make them creative and of course HOT! I don't have a get started pic as this just came to me and I have just eaten, but I promise to chime in with some pics soon. In the meantime, what is YOUR favorite dog?

But damn this is a cool chart. Need to try some.

The Hot Pepper said:
I don't see how the NY dog ever got on any map. Pizza yes, dog no. Been to Chicago. I will trade in a sec.
I think you gotta go back a few years. There was only hotdog carts. Now there is all types of ethnic food carts around. When I was a kid, you couldn't find a Halal cart, or a Mexican cart. In my opinion very similar to sporting events. Years ago, only hot dogs...now, gourmet food.

tctenten said:
I think you gotta go back a few years. There was only hotdog carts. Now there is all types of ethnic food carts around. When I was a kid, you couldn't find a Halal cart, or a Mexican cart. In my opinion very similar to sporting events. Years ago, only hot dogs...now, gourmet food.

The Papaya juice joints put the dogs on the map imo, the carts have always been disgusting...

Papaya King sold tropical juice and good hot dogs! Then came the papaya copycats like John's Papaya and Gray's Papaya which is also very popular.

Tourists heard about NY dogs and thought they'd get one at a cart. Nope. Yuck! But somehow carts dogs get on the map!!!

http://ny.eater.com/cheap-eats/2015/7/16/8955961/papaya-king

The Hot Pepper said:
But damn this is a cool chart. Need to try some.

it was on the devils fb page of all places. ( I got banned from Gods)

In AZ we had the ding ding man. Pushing the cart with the mexican fruit Popsicles. Outside supermarkets and stuff you would get the families selling tamales out of shopping carts. Best damn tamales too. especially the ones with a black olive in them. I don't recall seeing any real cart pushers in shitcago

I don't see the JayT dog tho...

Where's the microwave dog???

With a side of hot dog water?

image.jpeg

Were the tamales in a foil lined Igloo cooler?

Back