• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

HOT dogs

I think it is high time that we start giving one of the US' trademark foods it's due. There are a million ways to make a hot dog, and I have had many, but I have a freezer full of hot dogs (I seem to never be able to pass them up when on sale), and I need some ideas. I propose this thread as a place to show off your hot dog prowess. Let's make them creative and of course HOT! I don't have a get started pic as this just came to me and I have just eaten, but I promise to chime in with some pics soon. In the meantime, what is YOUR favorite dog?

Thanks for the encouragement guys....

Now I know TB definitely can't eat these :D :rofl:

Here they are in various stages of doneness.
DSCF4331.jpg

Chili Sauce
DSCF4332.jpg

Add the cheese
DSCF4333.jpg

Melted cheese to a glorious gooieness
DSCF4334.jpg
Yes Mr. Rogers, I will be your neighbor!

Because you are going on duty I'll bring ginger ale and potato chips.

Pigs in a blanket with chili and cheese... now, that's what i'm talking about... I can see that I got to have hot dogs for dinner really soon, or I'll die of hunger :lol:

Thanks guys, they turned out great. However, I goofed on the first dog I injected cause I ended up with a Defcon bubble and when i cut into it it almost squirted in my eye. :shocked:

Paulky....hurry up and post em' dogs

Heres one of my favorite dogs, Angus beef dog, grilled, with tomatoes, onion, mustard, pickled pepper relish, and the little orange things that look like grated carrots is a chopped Trinidad Scorpion.

093.jpg

So far i would say paulky and pepperfreak have the best looking dogs but Tigahb8 has to have to hottest! Im shocked no one has sauerkraut on the hot dogs yet will have to see if i can get a few pictures up soon in this thread its making my hungry! :drooling:

Pileiton, last Sunday my wife and I cooked a trial run of your hot-dog-pigs-in-a-blanket idea. We bought some spicy hot dog and pillsbury dough and cooked them up. This was a trial run because as soon as the dogs came out of the oven, we ate them - no chili, no melted cheese. :rofl: I ate mine with some French's yellow mustard AND SK's Texas Creek Ghost Fire sauce. With the Ghost Fire sauce, they were painfully delish :hell: We will be making these again, and if we don't succumb to the complete deliciousness and eat them right away, we'll add the chili and cheese. :lol:

Back