• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hottest Wings

Man v Food took on the Quaker Steak & Lube wing challenge. You have to eat 6 wings, no time limit of the Atomic Wings. They even make you sign a waiver before you eat. (here's a link to buy it: Atomic Wing Sauce)

It comes in at 150,000 scoville units. Who thinks they could pass this challenge? It's up there but not as high as I thought it would be.

I will do the challange sometime in the coming months just to laugh histarically at their "challange". We have a bottle of the stuff open here at the shop, tasty, but NO heat at all. I may take some Zesty Blend or some Defcon 1 to pour ontop of their wings to kick it up just to see their reactions.

150k? that's it? i hate to say it, but i think most of us here could do that without blinking. I slurped down a Jersey Death wing the other day without blinking. I would've had more, but i was sharing. I have not be to QS&L in ages (they arent in Jersey), but next time i'm by one i'll order up some and see how i do. It sounds easy.

imaguitargod said:
I will do the challange sometime in the coming months just to laugh histarically at their "challange". We have a bottle of the stuff open here at the shop, tasty, but NO heat at all. I may take some Zesty Blend or some Defcon 1 to pour ontop of their wings to kick it up just to see their reactions.

We gotta get the Creator to do a Deathmatch at one of those places. It'd be hysterical.

ingredients: tabasco sauce, hot sauce (cayenne red peppers, vinegar, salt, garlic), spices, hot sauce (tomato paste, water, pepper extract, vinegar, sugar, molasses, soy sauce), vinegar, xanthum gum, propylene glycol alginate, sodium bezoate, salt, and garlic

hmm. i think this is an easy one.

SHU is a farce IMO..it isnt reliable, and doesn't speak to how YOU percieve the hot.

IMO, find out for yer self. Forget the numbers....

You eat a Bih Jolokia..and tell me it doesn't feel worse thn any SHU.

It hurts.

I ate nagas, but the scorpion was hott...and worst heat ever wasnt a naga even, it was an evil hab.

peter pepper said:
Hey DC - have you ever had your sauces tested for SHU? If so where do they rank if you wouldn't mind sharing. I'm just curious.

Honestly, I refuse to fall into the SHU trap. I find it to be vague at best. I can chomp down a habanero with almost no problem, but a fatalii pepper kicks my *ss. Different peppers affect different people differently. We've never had any of our products actually chromatographed for this reason. In my best guesstimate, I would rank the DM MK II at around 500k and the ZERO at anywhere around 1.5 million. These numbers come from averages we have heard in the past from everyone who has tried the stuff. We've had a number of people tell us that the ZERO is the hottest thing they had at a show, but I know in the case of Scoville units, ours is nowhere close to some of the crazy extracts out there, yet some people will disagree with me that it is.

If you are looking to buy sauces because of the number on the label, well, that's your choice. As for the wing sauces, I'll stick to the terms mild, medium and hot. Once again, at trade shows, we get endless people asking us , "How hot is your hot?" I look at these people with a tad bit of disdain, and inevitably answer, "You tell me". Some find the #1 to be over the top hot, some find it the perfect heat, and some don't find it hot at all, yet the SHU rating is exactly the same.

Even the Buffalo Wild Wings' Blazin Challenge (which, sadly, my local BWW restaurants don't offer) at around 250-350,000 SHU tops Quaker State.

Of course, DEFCON makes them all taste like baby food.;)

DEFCON Creator said:
Hmmm, I think that is the first time our wing sauces have been compared to baby food. I'll take that as a compliment? :shocked:

If you raised your newborn on Defcon, could you imagine what kind of monster you'd be creating? When that kid turns 18, the whole world would be in seriously deep sh*t.

Sickmont said:
If you raised your newborn on Defcon, could you imagine what kind of monster you'd be creating? When that kid turns 18, the whole world would be in seriously deep sh*t.

I have a 6 month old at home....maybe i could feed her that....course would have to do it without the wife knowing....maybe i'll mix some into her carrots or sweet potatoes baby food...ummmmm

Back