• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hottest Wings

Yeah, probably. Actually, when we do the larger trade shows, the best parts of them is after each day, when a few manufacturers end up sitting together over a couple of beers, the discussions of the "winners" they had at their booths begins. By the end of the discussion, most of our stomachs hurt from laughing so much, it's 2am, and we realize we forgot to eat dinner.

quad - when I saw the picture with the baby bottle with milk on the table, I thought it was there for humiliation purposes :lol: if someone couldnt handle the heat & needed the cap. gone quickly they'd suck on the baby bottle :lol:
but it was really for the baby.

Philipperv said:
Even the ones you have made for yourself? I feel for you. :(

I actually have never made any hot wings for myself either. :| just.. well. not hot. made for my whole family a couple of times but they're really weak when it comes to hot food. REALLY really weak.
but I have to try to make some wings that are at my level of heat sometime.

Many moons ago I used to frequent a wing place that built their reputation on the "enhancements" of their waitresses. They would have a wing eating contest during halftime of the Monday night football game. I entered a friend while he was in the restroom--he still gets pissed about it. He could take a lot of heat but when the contest was over he was a hurting puppy. Came back to the table and just sat there bitching and sweating and wiping his nose for the next 30 minutes or so. He finished second, 19 wings in two minutes. The winner ate 21. I think they called them three mile island and they weren't available off of the menu. Pretty sure there was an extract involved. The contestants didn't have to sign a waiver but they did make them wear latex gloves.

I still get a good giggle out of this when I think about it.:lol:

Joe's has similar rules but no gloves provided..just lots of paper towels. And prayer. ;-)

Worst I saw was a buddy who got talked into it, dude had big 'ol beard and 'stache...poor guy washed his hands but forgot the faciar hair..he was red for a long time. Worse yet, he couldnt finish the contest so was a wash. ;)

patrick said:
Many moons ago I used to frequent a wing place that built their reputation on the "enhancements" of their waitresses. They would have a wing eating contest during halftime of the Monday night football game. I entered a friend while he was in the restroom--he still gets pissed about it. He could take a lot of heat but when the contest was over he was a hurting puppy. Came back to the table and just sat there bitching and sweating and wiping his nose for the next 30 minutes or so. He finished second, 19 wings in two minutes. The winner ate 21. I think they called them three mile island and they weren't available off of the menu. Pretty sure there was an extract involved. The contestants didn't have to sign a waiver but they did make them wear latex gloves.

Are you sure I don't know you??? I had this exact same thing happen to me except I was the friend who went to the bathroom. It was about 12 years ago. Yes, it is called Three Mile Island sauce and yes it has extract in it. Like your friend I finished second and yes I suffered for a while. As I said, it was 12 years ago and my tolerance has increased exponentially since then. I can actually buy that sauce in the grocery store here now. I do buy a bottle occasionally and it's not so hot anymore. I like that sauce, but it's not Defcon so I generally stick with my favorite.

patrick said:

Hooters? It's one of the worst places to go for if you want really hot wings. I've tried both the Three Mile Island and 911 sauces, and they're only a tiny bit warmer than Tabasco. Very weak.

Scott Roberts said:
Hooters? It's one of the worst places to go for if you want really hot wings.

yeah, but the scenery ain't half bad

AlabamaJack said:
yeah, but the scenery ain't half bad

It depends. I've been to a couple locations (dragged there by friends) and the "scenery" was comprised of semi-sentient bipeds who looked like they had been chasing parked cars.

The particular one I went to was in Myrtle Beach, SC and they were simply gorgeous...the food was OK too...from what I remember..

DEFCON Creator said:
It depends. I've been to a couple locations (dragged there by friends) and the "scenery" was comprised of semi-sentient bipeds who looked like they had been chasing parked cars.

Oh so you have been down here to Florida before, huh?:lol:

So I finally visited a QSL (the one in Omaha) and had their wings. As far as the wings themselves they are defiantly the biggest between Hooters, Buffalo Wild Wings and QSL. I had their garlic and the Buckeye BBQ. The Buckeye BBQ is supposed to be the 3rd hottest - but I didn't think that it was very hot at all. Great taste in both sauces but not much heat. I should have tried the suicide or atomic....next time.

PP the QSL you visited is actually in Council Bluffs Iowa and not Omaha. I didn't think there was one in Omaha but when I seen your post I had to check. Never been to one before, think I'll give it a try.

Thanks for that.

They're Supercharged sauce comes in at a rating of 30,000 SHU's with the number one the Atomic sauce at 150,000 SHU's. The Buckeye BBQ is third at 3000 SHU's. All of this is on their website. The atomic might make the snot run a little.

Back