• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hottest Wings

Sickmont said:
If you raised your newborn on Defcon, could you imagine what kind of monster you'd be creating? When that kid turns 18, the whole world would be in seriously deep sh*t.

Genetic Engineering with a touch of capsaicin....

Sickmont said:
If you raised your newborn on Defcon, could you imagine what kind of monster you'd be creating? When that kid turns 18, the whole world would be in seriously deep sh*t.

IGG? I dunno, but I thought I would weigh in on this since I am pretty sure that I am one of the few on the planet that has eaten both QS' Atomic wings and appeared in a deathmatch. Defcon is far and away WAY hotter. I will say that Quaker State & Lube makes a very tasty sauce, but IMO their wall of flame or whatever they call it is simply a marketing gimmick. I bet no more than 10% of the people on the wall could pass the same test with Deathmatch wings. JMO, but hey, I have had them both.

JayT said:
IGG? I dunno, but I thought I would weigh in on this since I am pretty sure that I am one of the few on the planet that has eaten both QS' Atomic wings and appeared in a deathmatch. Defcon is far and away WAY hotter. I will say that Quaker State & Lube makes a very tasty sauce, but IMO their wall of flame or whatever they call it is simply a marketing gimmick. I bet no more than 10% of the people on the wall could pass the same test with Deathmatch wings. JMO, but hey, I have had them both.
well shit, now i'm not even nervous. :lol: I think i'll order 2 orders and have it as my meal when i make it out there.

peter pepper said:
nope no free beer.
just your name on the "wall of flame" and get this....
drum roll please....a bumper sticker!! :onfire:

At least with a Deathmatch, you get a cool trophy, a signed certificate, and the infamous Deathmatch t-shirt...

peter pepper said:
a bumper sticker!!

Oh, please.:rolleyes:

The best part is i don't even own a car anymore.....I commute by bicycle now. I guess i could always just stick it on my ass, huh?

Right below the wide load sticker:lol:

fineexampl said:
well shit, now i'm not even nervous. :lol: I think i'll order 2 orders and have it as my meal when i make it out there.

That's what buddy of mine and I do at Flaming Joe's here...we order the "Code Red Widowmaker" sauce that's used for their wing challanges. Even the employees think we're insane. ;)

IDK what's in it exactly..rumour says it has Indorphin Rush in it..there's mashed habs for sure though.

Cheese Munchers FTW! ... those things are addictive.

Just had some rich Koreans over the house. They thought they were tough so I cooked up a batch of my Naga hot wings and gave them a bite of a fresh one. Put them in their place.

IGG, make sure you have someone video you eating those Quaker Steak 'atomic' wings. Tried their 'suicide' wings years ago. They were tasty but not very hot.

patrick said:
After seeing some of the things you eat QS you're not going to argue with them are you?

Nah... ;-)

After getting into naga's and such now..it doesn't seem as hot anymore. It's still pretty damn warn for a restaurant though. Downside of it is that since it appears to have some kind of extract in it, the next day can be unpleasant....:shocked:

Here's a pic:

cam_1767.jpg

From Left: the 3 bright ones are the CodeRed sauce..we get it on the side to dip the potatos cheezers and stuff in. Then the boneless wings ordered w/ a deep smokey/sweet chipotle bbq sauce that's incredible..but not hot..thus the sides of widowmaker sauce. Then there's the almighty Potato Cheesers..think tator tots, but with cheese in 'em...absolutly delish.

They hava website, but it's kinda unfinished: http://www.flaminjoeswings.com/

Menu is killer though...good prices too

Yes, those are HUGE pichers of beer in the background....4 QT ones. ;-)

Philipperv said:
Just had some rich Koreans over the house. They thought they were tough so I cooked up a batch of my Naga hot wings and gave them a bite of a fresh one. Put them in their place.

Atta boy Phil.

"Dim Sum THIS!" :D

peter pepper said:
Man v Food took on the Quaker Steak & Lube wing challenge. You have to eat 6 wings, no time limit of the Atomic Wings. They even make you sign a waiver before you eat. (here's a link to buy it: Atomic Wing Sauce)

It comes in at 150,000 scoville units. Who thinks they could pass this challenge? It's up there but not as high as I thought it would be.
The Quaker Steaks around here have a offering of 10 Atomic wings. I have done it twice. Very managable to do. My wife said she saw a bead of sweat on my forehead after wing 7 or 8. :) As someone stated earlier, once you have bhuts, Nagas, etc, you know what to expect from these "signed release" wannabes.
Scott Roberts said:
Even the Buffalo Wild Wings' Blazin Challenge (which, sadly, my local BWW restaurants don't offer) at around 250-350,000 SHU tops Quaker State.

Of course, DEFCON makes them all taste like baby food.;)

Quite frankly, BWW wings in general suck! They have the smallest, very little meat wings I have ever seen and charge a competitve price.
Their blazin sauce is weak.

DEFCON products rule!!!! Can't eat enough....

QuadShotz said:
Nah... ;-)

After getting into naga's and such now..it doesn't seem as hot anymore. It's still pretty damn warn for a restaurant though. Downside of it is that since it appears to have some kind of extract in it, the next day can be unpleasant....:shocked:

Here's a pic:

cam_1767.jpg

From Left: the 3 bright ones are the CodeRed sauce..we get it on the side to dip the potatos cheezers and stuff in. Then the boneless wings ordered w/ a deep smokey/sweet chipotle bbq sauce that's incredible..but not hot..thus the sides of widowmaker sauce. Then there's the almighty Potato Cheesers..think tator tots, but with cheese in 'em...absolutly delish.

They hava website, but it's kinda unfinished: http://www.flaminjoeswings.com/

Menu is killer though...good prices too

Yes, those are HUGE pichers of beer in the background....4 QT ones. ;-)

mental note: add Flamin Joe's to list of places i want to eat and be sure to get a pitcher.

And which one of you manly men was suckin on the tit of that baby bottle?

fineexampl said:
mental note: add Flamin Joe's to list of places i want to eat and be sure to get a pitcher.

And which one of you manly men was suckin on the tit of that baby bottle?

Haha, that's for my buddy's kid....the kid and his g/f are out of frame.

I prefer the more natural kind though. ;)

WACOFlyer said:
Quite frankly, BWW wings in general suck! They have the smallest, very little meat wings I have ever seen and charge a competitve price.
Their blazin sauce is weak.

DEFCON products rule!!!! Can't eat enough....

Actually, we beat out BWW for the 1st Place Scovie this year for Authentic Buffalo Style Wings.

It was kind of funny. We were at a Devils game the other night against Buffalo, I went out for a cigarette, and saw two girls with Sabres jerseys on. I started up a conversation about wings. One girl, infused with beer-induced confidence, stated, "Well, WE are the originators of the Buffalo wing".

I looked at her being all smug, and replied, "Right, and Henry Ford built the Model A".

She looked at me quizzicaly and stated, "Yeah, so?".

"How many people drive Model A's these days?", I asked.

She replied, "Not very many"

"And why not?", I asked.

she said, "I don't know, why?"

I replied, "Because other people took the idea and made it much better".

It took her a little while to digest the big words, and then walked inside pouting.

DEFCON Creator said:
Actually, we beat out BWW for the 1st Place Scovie this year for Authentic Buffalo Style Wings.

It was kind of funny. We were at a Devils game the other night against Buffalo, I went out for a cigarette, and saw two girls with Sabres jerseys on. I started up a conversation about wings. One girl, infused with beer-induced confidence, stated, "Well, WE are the originators of the Buffalo wing".

I looked at her being all smug, and replied, "Right, and Henry Ford built the Model A".

She looked at me quizzicaly and stated, "Yeah, so?".

"How many people drive Model A's these days?", I asked.

She replied, "Not very many"

"And why not?", I asked.

she said, "I don't know, why?"

I replied, "Because other people took the idea and made it much better".

It took her a little while to digest the big words, and then walked inside pouting.
Hahahahaha!! "Infused with beer".

Back