• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

How high is your heat level?

So how much heat and/or pain can you handle?

• I dont eat peppers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If I want to heat it up ill add bell pepper. (lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jalepenos and hot sauces like louisiana

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I like it to burn when I eat.

Votes: 40 72.7%
  • I REALLY like it to burn, moruga scorpion!

Votes: 23 41.8%

• Total voters

DatilDaddy

Banned
Thought this might be a fun poll to see what kind of results we end up with.

I personally like it to burn when I eat, but im always willing to try anything hot. I guess my "tolerance" I guess is pretty high, so I picked the last two.

How hot can you stand it?

Well, last restaurant I ate at they had Blairs Mega Death Sauce and it was warm but not hot, then after eating that their habanero sauce (they make it in the restaurant) had no heat.

I'm not sure where my heat tolerance is, but bhut jolokia powder is medium spicy to me.

Of all the peppers i've tried, the smoky flavor of the bhut is king. I'm hoping to try new flavors when people start selling powders in the marketplace later this week.

Like everyone else, I like a good burn, but only as long as there is flavor to back it up. Heat for the sake of heat doesn't really do it for me.

As for tolerance, it isn't the highest. But I'm always pushing it a little bit more and a little bit more. So it is only a matter of time until I have a pretty high tolerance.

You should re word your poll, because anyone that votes "i don't eat peppers" should be reported, banned, and burned at the steak, because they are obviously a witch! Lol
It really depends on the dish, Indian red Curry? I will order it 15 out of 10... H O T.
BBQ Salmon? It's great hot too, but not melt your face off hot.

I don't meet any one criteria in the poll that fits me.

I eat jalapenos and hot sauces of varying heat levels every day.

Super hot chiles are for the weekends when I plan on not going anywhere. (for obvious reasons)

I agree.

Anyone on this forum that doesn't eat hot stuff is a witch.

BURN THEM!!!

I eat jalapenos and hot sauces of varying heat levels every day.

Super hot chiles are for the weekends when I plan on not going anywhere. (for obvious reasons)

I am new to eating hot food and have yet to eat anything considered super hot. Is it really that bad you can't go anywhere the next day??

I was also going to post that the poll is incomplete and needs modification.

people here eat hot peppers. the site is named The Hot Pepper. So I'd be shocked if you had any votes for that, other than Scovie who I hear thinks ketchup is too spicy. :rofl:

Then you need a category between "Jalapeno" and "I like it to burn when I eat". That's just too broad a range. I say this especially as I'm probably 1/2 way between these two in general.

I can take it much much hotter than a Louisiana-style or mexican style "table sauce" (as they're usually called) - but not so hot that I really want to put a Mayanik Orange on my food as more than a drop or two will destroy the flavor of what I'm eating. And I don't even consider Mayanik Orange to be a superhot sauce. Just really flippin hot.

superhots - meh. Occasionally I'll torture myself for the endorphin rush & the experience, but they're really not my thing. If I get the prize from that baker's Peppers contest I'll be "taming" them down as much as I can with Jalapenos, onion, carrot, and other sweet or neutral ingredients, but I suspect even doing that I'm going to end up with something hotter than I'd normally want to eat (which is why I'll enjoy creating something with it but then give most of it away)

So for me I'd say I'm hotter than Tapatio but less intense than Mayanik.

As others have said, I'd MUCH rather have a mild and extremely flavorful sauce than a hot as hell experience. But if I can get something that's flavorful and yet makes me sweat like the Tear Jerker or one of the others that borders on "too hot" then I'm in - love those. i like to sweat a little - I also like to not have indigestion, hiccups and bloody stool. :woohoo:

other than Scovie who I hear thinks ketchup is too spicy. :rofl:

Want some Mustard, pretty boy?

30c6e0fa.jpg

3 TBS Mustard, and 3 drops Pure Evil.
FYI, Pure Evil is NOT an extract. It is pure capsaicin Crystal in alcohol.
SHU = 1,000,040 (one million, fourty thousand)

that's 1,040,000 for the rest of y'all.

That post just made me want a hot dog! Thanks, Scovie! Now I gotta go to the Carlton General Store.

HigherThisHeat, HERE'S your answer. :)

The 'Kid and I were at a Mexican Restaurant in Seattle a few days ago. He was the first to dip into the salsa with a chip and said it tasted like something you'd put on pasta. I had to agree, it tasted more like marinara than any salsa I've ever tasted. I asked the server if he had any other hotter salsa. He brought out a dish of stuff "this is the salsa we make for the staff, for the kitchen crew". He kinda gave me that look, like, are you SURE? Now THAT was yummy! It was a green color, with roasted/black bits. Looked like roasted tomatillo and chiles, maybe habs.

My 20 year old niece is also a chilehead. She has blond hair and blue eyes, and says that every time she orders 5-stars, the servers ask her "Are you sure? That's really hot!" and yes, she wants 5-stars!

I was talking with my brother and my dad about where to go for dinner. I suggested Thai...they both said a resounding "NO!". :sigh: sometimes I think I was adopted....

Back