• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

I eat spicy food...

How often do you eat spicy food?

• Every meal!

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Just about every meal

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Once a day

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • A fews times a week

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When I'm in the mood

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • When I buy a new hot sauce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like spicy food, I just hang out here cuz the peeps are cool!

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
mornings

marcosauces said:
I am sorry but the only way i eat sauces in the morning is only on eggs...no other way

Hey,

What about

Breakfast Sausages
Hash Browns
Cold Pizza
Ham and Cheese Bagel

These are all good to go with hot sauce

Also,

Lani's Pineapple Papaya is great on cornflakes

I love a small bowl of spicy chili, with eggs and ham, mmm! I also like salsa verde sauce on my eggs. And, jalapenos with ham. And jalapenos with chili. I even like green salsa verde chili. Hmm, green salsa verde chili with my ham and eggs, gota try that!
Joe

Jalapeno's with almost every meal. Hey...its a Texican thang'. Sometimes I just hafta' jack up the 'penos with a little hotsauce too.

I put hot sauce on everything. Every meal cept fish. To me fish and hot doesn't fit. So everything else gets kicked up a notch. Around here I have the guys hooked on hoppie cheese sandwiches. That would be a grilled cheese kicked up a notch with hotsauce and two eggs on top with enough hotsauce to slow their eating process down. They love it.

Alaska Hot said:
Every meal cept fish. To me fish and hot doesn't fit.

I agree with the Mullet. It also may be the way you are preparing your fish or a psychological barrier...what I mean by that is you may enjoy fish so much that you think it is sacriligious to change the way you eat it. I have a few things that I can't bring myself to put hot stuff in myself.

I've tried some with fish, but the bier battered halibut we chew on around here I like best without. The red salmon we slice up and mix with onion and a little lemon juice and salt, let set for a couple hrs...sure is good with bier. Of course the silvers and kings we run through the smoker....then of course there is the squaw candy which are strips of smoked salmon....another reason to do the bier thing. Probably the psychological barrier thing, when I was in Germany my friends would say that the "wiesswurst (white sausage) would die at noon" and you couldn't take them north of the wiesswurst equator, (Donau River) so not doing hot with fish sorta fits that line of thought. Does real good on other dead critters though.

AK Hot....up till last October, I worked as a manager and fishing guide out in Bristol Bay for 12 years. One of my shorelunchs would be whatever salmon, either sauteed' or grilled. I would then combine cream and sweet thai chili sauce, reduce and finish with a little butter and serve that over the salmon. Most folks wanted more poop in the spice so I would jack it up with some mango hab. One guy said it was so good that the same meal in ANC at Simons would cost about $70 for two people. Too bad he paid almost a $1,000 for it.

For beer battered butt I like to throw in cajun seasoning in the batter. Another trick is I mix my own wasabi paste with mayo. I make it to where your nose hairs stand up...that's about perfect. Give em' a try. Kasilof should start seeing a king or two show up soon. Hope ya'll get your fish on!!

imaguitargod said:
That just means you haven't used the right sauce on fish yet.

I have to agree. Nothing like a good Louisiana style sauce on Catfish! Well, ok...yes there is. But I don't overdo it with other sauces. Fish does have a delicate flavor and it's really easy to overshadow it with a strong sauce.

DevilDuck said:
There's a really good company out there that doesn't get a lot of recognition... Lizards On The Bayou (http://www.lizardsonthebayou.com/). Their Gila Venom is an outstanding sauce with fish.

For those of you who like to try new sauces, hit them up.
Hate to disagree with DD, I know that you really like this stuff, but I really have to disagree. I chatted for a second and then tried their sauces at the 2007 Fiery Food Show. Waaaaayyyy to much vinegar and way to much of specific ingredients. It tasted like they didn't let their sauces age, which they really need to do, it's way too overwhelming.

Alaska Hot said:
The red salmon we slice up and mix with onion and a little lemon juice and salt, let set for a couple hrs...sure is good with bier.

You are half-way to ceviche with this. Switch to lime juice and add some very thin strips of a fruity chinense and let sit for 24 hrs. The bite from the chile is sensational and reads through the salmon oils.

Ceviche is served all 'round the Carribean and in Mexico and is prized by the locals.

imaguitargod said:
Hate to disagree with DD, I know that you really like this stuff, but I really have to disagree. I chatted for a second and then tried their sauces at the 2007 Fiery Food Show. Waaaaayyyy to much vinegar and way to much of specific ingredients. It tasted like they didn't let their sauces age, which they really need to do, it's way too overwhelming.

I guess we'll be like Ebert and Roper on this one. :shocked:

Canuk Pepperhead said:
does anyone here put hot sauce on their toast in the morning??(im not talking about redhot either)
Yes, and begals as well. Cream cheese goes great on a begal with hot sauce. I have also been know to put extract sauces in my mild and them pour that on cereal.

Back