• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

I love my guns

solid7 said:

I have an unfettered disdain for those who use religous pretexts to advance political agendas

This has been a lie every single time I've seen someone say it.

mx5inpa said:

i can also draw down on a sheet of paper with a shotgun from 100 yards and put a slug in it using a bead sight.

That was on my first try though. Maybe I will miss more later.

Sorry that I am just so awesome. It's the best thing ever being a dirty liberal hippy that does everything right wingers love better than they do. 
"Yeah, Your a legend in your own mind" Clint Eastwood, AKA Dirty Harry

mx5inpa said:
The drill instructor told me to stop doing head shots from 500 yards with open sights with the .223 in boot camp.

And I hadn't even missed...

I can see from the doubters, that there are a few people in this thread who have never taken shots at a distance. If you have a steady hand, a tight sling and know how to adjust your sights, this type of shot isn't easy, but not hard by any stretch. The AR has amazing open sights. Nothing like the Ruger 10/22 that you guys are probably envisioning.

I believe you MX. After all, my first shot ever out to 600 was in the black. Before that, the rifle was zeroed at 200 and never shot any further.

Sights only shots aren't very difficult if that's what you learn with. People who learn with a scope are selling themselves short.

HP22BH said:
"Yeah, Your a legend in your own mind" Clint Eastwood, AKA Dirty Harry

You feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?
Jeff H said:

I can see from the doubters, that there are a few people in this thread who have never taken shots at a distance. If you have a steady hand, a tight sling and know how to adjust your sights, this type of shot isn't easy, but not hard by any stretch. The AR has amazing open sights. Nothing like the Ruger 10/22 that you guys are probably envisioning.

I believe you MX. After all, my first shot ever out to 600 was in the black. Before that, the rifle was zeroed at 200 and never shot any further.

Honestly I thought 500 was really easy. I dont think I ever got less than 10 points a shot from back there. Offhand at 150 or 300 was a bitch though.

mx5inpa said:

You feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?

Honestly I thought 500 was really easy. I dont think I ever got less than 10 points a shot from back there. Offhand at 150 or 300 was a bitch though.

We do offhand at 200. Yes, it is a real pain.

I am prepared from 3 feet to 300 yards...that's what I normally shoot...but that ought 6 will reach out there a lot further than 300

That's it. I'm headed to the range tomorrow. Got some free time and ammo to burn.

Enough talking, time to shoot. It has been a while since I've been so busy.

AlabamaJack said:
I am prepared from 3 feet to 300 yards...that's what I normally shoot...but that ought 6 will reach out there a lot further than 300

With that in mind, maybe I'll dust off the old -06 and see what she can do at 200 yards vs. the AR.

20130903_213818.jpg

20140112_105530.jpg

Back