• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I love my guns

45acpposter.jpg

Enough said.

I missed checking this thread for a few days so this is back on the stopping power part of the thread. Love my 1911.

I don't have the time or energy to deal with our Australian friend who doesn't get our culture. It's really okay if you don't get it, you obviously weren't raised in a place with all of the freedoms we have so you don't know what you are missing. Attacks and home invasions are exceedingly rare in the better parts of the country, but they still do happen. Without a firearm, you are essentially being the guy who brings a knife to a gun fight. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ixlPowYRpw

Jeff H said:
you obviously weren't raised in a place with all of the freedoms we have so you don't know what you are missing

:rolleyes:

Like I said, I'm all for your enjoyment and love of having a gun. That's cool. But the whole "I need it for safety in my home" argument because you live in a land with "freedom" just makes me laugh my ass off. Come to Aus and see the freedom we have.

Anyway, enough of the drama.

More gun pics.

Guns save more lives than they take every day in the United States, contrary to what the political narrative says.  Let's not forget that more Americans were killed by policemen from 2001 to the present than the entirety of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars combined to date.  It's not about tyrannical kings, it can also be about thugs with badges that operate outside of their legal means.  That's all I'm adding to this.  You guys sort it out.

mx5inpa said:

I just need 1 or 2 shots with a 22 and no sights out to a couple hundred yards down to 3 feet. At which point it becomes a club.

I think you overestimate the amount of lead needed.

You also have to remember that you're always being sold the next best thing. Hooray Capitalism.
I was kinds going back over some of these posts and was intrigued by your statement. I would like to see you hit a 12" paper plate @ 200yds with no sites.

Shurbryn said:

Anyway, enough of the drama.

More gun pics.
Go visit Trent's glog. more than enough gun pics there.

mx5inpa said:
No sights is intriguing. I meant no scope.

Yawn. Me and my shooting buddies reach out to 600 all the time with 223. Prone, with a sling, open sights.

I can generally hit the 8 ring or better every time, but some of the people I shoot with are real good. We had two club members hit the President's 100 last year.

The drill instructor told me to stop doing head shots from 500 yards with open sights with the .223 in boot camp.

And I hadn't even missed...

mx5inpa said:
The drill instructor told me to stop doing head shots from 500 yards with open sights with the .223 in boot camp.

And I hadn't even missed...

Yeah...  Riiiiiight.

solid7 said:

I believe you. :liar:

i can also draw down on a sheet of paper with a shotgun from 100 yards and put a slug in it using a bead sight.

That was on my first try though. Maybe I will miss more later.

Sorry that I am just so awesome. It's the best thing ever being a dirty liberal hippy that does everything right wingers love better than they do. 

ikeepfish said:
Supporting the right to own firearms =/= right wing.

Well if that's your only view the I guess.  I support the right to own them. But I'm always getting called a liberal or whatever.

mx5inpa said:

Well if that's your only view the I guess.  I support the right to own them. But I'm always getting called a liberal or whatever.

I'm by no means a liberal, yet I support the right to bear arms, the right for 2 people of any gender to have any sort of relationship that they like, and for the unrestricted recreational use of marijuana. (even though I never have partaken, myself)  I also don't believe in abortion as birth control, I have an unfettered disdain for those who use religous pretexts to advance political agendas, and by God, I really wish somebody would simplify the fucking tax code.

Did I mention that I'm not a liberal?

solid7 said:

I'm by no means a liberal, yet I support the right to bear arms, the right for 2 people of any gender to have any sort of relationship that they like, and for the unrestricted recreational use of marijuana. (even though I never have partaken, myself)  I also don't believe in abortion as birth control, I have an unfettered disdain for those who use religous pretexts to advance political agendas, and by God, I really wish somebody would simplify the f**king tax code.

So?

solid7 said:

I'm by no means a liberal, yet I support the right to bear arms, the right for 2 people of any gender to have any sort of relationship that they like, and for the unrestricted recreational use of marijuana. (even though I never have partaken, myself)  I also don't believe in abortion as birth control, I have an unfettered disdain for those who use religous pretexts to advance political agendas, and by God, I really wish somebody would simplify the f**king tax code.

the line of text in italics looks like Classical Liberal views (aka libertarianism).  I agree with all of them, except for the thing about simplifying the tax code, I think income taxes need to be completely eradicated.  Also, not just any gender, but any number.  I would never marry more than one woman but I think if we are truly a free people we shouldn't have to ask permission to marry people.

Back