• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ikeepfish's 2014 grow log...season's end is nigh

I tried keeping a winter grow log of my indoor growing, but I was distracted too much by a girl I had been dating and let my endeavors go to the wayside.  More specifically, there was what I call an "aphidpocalypse" in my aquaponics and hydroponics that I wasn't doing a great job of keeping in check.  Only a few Thai plants survived as well as some plants I had overwintered.  Oh well, I have more seeds than I know what to do with, and I'm gunna keep on truckin'

That being said, I'm giving it another go with my seeds and indoor growing, which most will be going into the raised beds and in buckets out on the patio.  My grow list includes

C. chinense

Reaper
Fatalii
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI yellow (3 different phenotypes)
7 Pot Primo
7 Pot white
7 Pot Bubblegum***
7 Pot Chaguanas
7 Pot Merlot
7 Pot Brain Strain yellow
Aji Dulce
Naga Morich
Naga Viper
Bhut Jolokia red
Bhut Jolokia white
Bhut Jolokia peach
Bhut Jolokia chocolate
Bhut Jolokia X Pimenta de Neyde***
Pimenta de Neyde***
Devil's Tongue white
Murupi Amarela***
Scotch Bonnet brown
Red Savina Habanero
Habanero Yucatan white***
Habanero giant white
Habanero orange

C. baccatum

Aji Pineapple***
Blondie
Aji de la Tierra

C. annuum

Thai upright
Alma (overwintered)
Cherry Bomb hybrid (overwintered)
Cowhorn Cayenne***
Nosegay
Poinsettia (Japanese hot claw)
Czechoslovakian black
Sangria***
Tepin
Goatsweed
NuMex Sunrise
Black Pearl
Kashmiri***
Maule's Red Hot
Golden Cayenne (hybrid)***
Dragon Cayenne (hybrid)***
Jamaican Yellow mushroom
NuMex Big Jim and other Anaheims
Jalapeno purple
Hungarian Wax and other sweet and bell peppers.

*** these varieties were not started from seed, I will grow them out and see what happens.

I'm starting my seeds in the peat pellet self-watering greenhouse kits made by Jiffy, which previously I only used for tomatoes.  I don't have aphids now but I'm trying to be cautious and having them under the plastic lids while they're small.  It looks like I'll probably end up with hundreds of seedlings but only time will tell.  They're being started under T5 lighting in a grow tent.  I'm planting my chinenses one to a pod so I don't feel the urge to cull any but my annuums are two to a pellet pod, I'll cull them if necessary.  I have a few dried pods of various annuums that I'm hoping to get hybrid plants out of, namely some prospective Thai X Anaheim seeds.  We'll see.  I have some connections at a local commune that I trade seeds with and I'm looking at getting some unusual heirlooms from them this week, fingers crossed.  I most likely won't be running any peppers in the aquaponics anymore, I'm 100% certain they get WAY more nutes than they need from the fish water and it's done a lot of damage to my adult plants.

Oh, and everyone likes pictures, so here's a few...not so glamorous at the moment, sorry.

PICT1596_zps74029419.jpg

PICT1597_zpsbe75356b.jpg

Some overwinters, the sticks are still green, I'm assuming they're still alive.  I water them barely about once a week.

PICT1598_zps38a4ba26.jpg

PICT1599_zps63714452.jpg

Shown in that picture

Fatalii "Mortalii"
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Red Bhut Jolokia
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
Carolina Reaper
Pimenta de Neyde
Goatsweed
Cherry Bomb heart pheno F2 (big fat one)

Overwinters Not shown are PDN X Bhut, Yucatan White Hab, Fatalii, "Not" White Bhut, BBG7, and C. eximium (the eximium are still just seedlings)  I had a couple of others but decided to downsize a hair.

Oh, also, some of the photos in my glog were uploaded through facebook.  At some point in the last couple of months they decided to stop allowing hotlinking, I'm not gonna fix it.  Sorry about any inconveniences this causes.

Back