• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest January Throwdown - Steak

Yeah mans! It's beef and steak (non-ground).

Let's keep it beef, non-ground. Sliced for presentation at least one time (to see innards), but not sliced before cooking (as in fajitas).

How's that?

I'm in on this one but are we only looking at steaks or are there side items involved ? & then in your 1st post its " red meat " then later you say " keep it beef " though in OZ beef is not as common plus theres many red meats you can cook like beef.

chilehunter said:
I'm in on this one but are we only looking at steaks or are there side items involved ? & then in your 1st post its " red meat " then later you say " keep it beef " though in OZ beef is not as common plus theres many red meats you can cook like beef.
It's still a discussion, no rules set in stone, but no one chimed after my post so I set the rule and asked. No on disagreed. So yeah, beef.

Novacastrian said:
WTF? We breed some of the best cattle on the planet and enjoy some of the best prices too! :crazy:

Here looky ;) http://www.anra.gov.au/topics/agriculture/beef/index.html
You tell him Nova! Guess he's never heard of Outback Steakhouse! :lol:

Question, since this one is going to fall on the New Year's weekend, and since a lot of people eat steak in some form for New Year's Eve, why don't we expand the throwdown to include New Year's Eve? How is that for a run on sentence?:lol:

I like that idea, Thursday till 7pm EST Sunday. Maybe more people will get in on the action. I know that I am going to be hobbling my gimped body out to the grill and toss my best steak into the ring. :cool:

I was just thinking that a lot of people will be making pork for New Year's Day (myself included) so the steak would work better for me Thursday.

I'm still pondering this challenge....

My ideas are quite basic.....probably not creative enough for the crown....but damn tasty!

paulky_2000 said:
I'm still pondering this challenge....

My ideas are quite basic.....probably not creative enough for the crown....but damn tasty!

me too!!! its a steak throwdown, then wouldnt it be about the slab of steak & maybe some side items, not cutting the steak up to put in some other meal. I'm up for the normal start time not new years eve.

Yes. Steak! Let me get it started.

I can't wait! I have several ideas and will be spending today ironing out the details. :lol: The major detail will be where to get my steak...My butcher shop is closed today and hopefully will re-open tomorrow.

I will have to wait until tomorrow as I did not purchase my steak yet either. I know where and what I am getting though. Now I just need a truck to haul it in...

I'm feelin' like the little fish in the big pond......;)

I'll wait till Sat night to make my meal, as Retta will be here and she's a carnivore from the old school. Not sure what I'm going to do....but it'll most likely be sirloin...as that's our fav!

texas blues said:
Two words.....dry aged. I'll be bringing the mojofication ya'll.
I'll take one!

Back