• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

jojo's Ghetto Grow Log 2014

I thought I might as well keep a log on mi growing season.

Started the following first week of December.  I bought these seeds from Baker's Peppers
it may be bright right now, but earlier we had some wicked rain.  had to set these aside for a while.

T Scorpion Moruga
7 Pot Merlot
7 Pot Primo
Reaper, Brain Strain 
Yellow Fatalii, Peter Pepper
T Scorpion Chocolate
12863100345_6a8c9a2659_z.jpg

should I maybe snip these buds off?  
12863180353_fdea7be2c5_z.jpg

here's the rest of my pepper grow.
Started these Late January... I bought these seeds from Judy @ PepperLover

Giant Mexican Rocoto 
Peruvian White Habanero
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Chocolate Bhutlah
White 7 Pod (she threw this in for free)   :dance:
12863520304_2b0e4080d8_z.jpg

this is what I'm planning on transferring into with an added mix of perlite, earthworm casting, azomite, and a few bricks of coco coir.  from what I heard and read, vermifire is the sh!t...  like way better than ocean forest?  
12863049843_9be83b507a_z.jpg

well well well, looks like im gonna have to try to compare for myself and others to see which is better?
12863803584_68c8e0b6b6_z.jpg

here's what i'll do...  one of these 5/6 gallon pots filled with ffof, and the other with vovf
12863997243_7cb0d1de50_z.jpg

i also want to start a bonchi tree using this small bonsai pot
12863710253_724b91bd6f_z.jpg

donno what to plant in there yet, thinking either that reaper plant in it or this peru white hab
12863707183_555c5df3f3_z.jpg

jojo said:

I'm battling those aphids too...  everyday I go out side I see em on my plants and I just squish them...  there's gotta be a better way...  I'm hoping this compost tea helps.
     That sucks jojo.Last year my big problem was whitefly.My tomatoes were covered in them at the end of the year.This year no tomatoes(i will get them from my neighbor). Keep us updated on you getting rid of the aphids.Good luck.

jojo said:

I'm battling those aphids too...  everyday I go out side I see em on my plants and I just squish them...  there's gotta be a better way...  I'm hoping this compost tea helps.

I know right?! Every morning before work I'm outside squishing bugs and spraying garlic insecticidal soap, and every evening before I even step through the front door its the same routine. -_-

randyp said:
     That sucks jojo.Last year my big problem was whitefly.My tomatoes were covered in them at the end of the year.This year no tomatoes(i will get them from my neighbor). Keep us updated on you getting rid of the aphids.Good luck.

I love tomatoes, this year I'm only growing 2 tomato plants.  meh, maybe next year I'll grow more.

filmost said:

I know right?! Every morning before work I'm outside squishing bugs and spraying garlic insecticidal soap, and every evening before I even step through the front door its the same routine. -_-

Let me know if the garlic soap works for you.

Scorpion Tongue? flower
9D003E3A-783C-4E01-9E1C-18B6215DC3C0.jpg

5454F0C8-8C1C-4725-A5E9-4E790A7866C3.jpg

08A2E73A-A76F-43D0-955D-B8604B495F63.jpg

mushrooms growing
B5E3319F-D61B-4F33-8340-58A32D727FF4.jpg

9C35C152-8229-4969-8BC7-AD6E2C4C1B1E.jpg

mushrooms are growing crazy around my reapers

Sorry about the Aphids.

I would start out looking for ants, they're so nice and place them on the plants for you. Get rid of any ants you find.

I use wettable sulfur powder for Aphids, works really well and is organic.

LOL, I have mushrooms growing in the garden too.

Devv said:

LOL, I have mushrooms growing in the garden too.

Are the mushrooms are good thing or a bad thing?

They just started coming after I tried the compost tea for the first time.

randyp said:
     I hear mushrooms are a sign of good soil. ;)

That's good to hear.  Thanks Randy
Rymerpt said:
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!  We're having a pot luck at work tomorrow...  guess what I'm bringing?  Guacamole!  now the question is...  what kind of peppers should I put in it?  serranos?  I'm thinking habaneros? 

Woke up this morning and saw this happen to my bonchi Thai Peppers   :pray:
C19888CB-B121-4E75-96EB-769EDA23F855.jpg

That Bonchi will come right back, been there done that. Water profusely and put it in the shade. I have a Bonchi Thai, in a similar pot, I have to water it ever other day.

randyp said:
     I hear mushrooms are a sign of good soil. ;)
Sounds good to me! I can live with that :party:

Devv said:
That Bonchi will come right back, been there done that. Water profusely and put it in the shade. I have a Bonchi Thai, in a similar pot, I have to water it ever other day.

BOOM!

You were right!  It jump right back up!

BB4D1A1A-8A4C-436A-87A5-88E05578D8D2.jpg

Two more melon seeds from Fil popped up today too!  BOOYAO!!!

I ate my first super hot...  this is a trinidad scorpion moruga.  

C73D215B-8E8C-499E-B948-F6416FE37BCA.jpg

At first, I tasted sweetness from the pepper.  This sweetness lasted about 3 seconds. Then for a quick second or two I tasted just a hint of floral to it.  I was thinking "where's the heat"?  I was chewing on this puppy for about a minute now...  then I felt just slight tingles.  The heat was quickly rising.  Whoa!  It's getting hotter... "Holy Sh!T!  This is getting hot really quick", I thought.  This little sucker was hot.  I mean HOT!!  funny because at first i thought it was a dud.  it didn't even look like a scorpion, and it was small, and on top of that, I bought the seeds from Dale.  But, now I realize, a super hot is a super hot...  "oh, no!  Here comes the stomach pains"  my throat was on fire.  it felt like hot fire charcoal needles were jamming into the sides of my tongue.  I wanted to get myself into the cradle position and cry myself to sleep.  Sweat is pouring down my whole face...  "Get a hold of yourself",  I told myself, "Man UP"! I thought watching someone on youtube eating superhots would make me feel better...  "Damn, those little girls sure took those peppers like a champ"  I couldn't even get halfway through the video...  I had to go outside to spit...  I took a glance at the 50 super hot pepper plants I have outside...   SMH!  "What in the world am I gonna do with all these damn chillies!!!!!

You are going to give them to your enemies :-))))
I had the same experience a couple of months ago, the only difference was that its effect was immediate...
Nice plants! :-))))

I've never eaten a whole pod, but I do taste from every plant I grow. It's my little rule ;)

I just go with pinky fingernail sized slices. We share and make sauces and powders. And get more people hooked on hot peppers ;)

Good job JoJo.The respect you give to these peppers is forever once you eat some.Sauces and powders are the way to go.A little goes along way.By far the best sauces you will ever taste.You can't get superhots flavor from the majority of wholesale sauces on the market.

jojo said:
I ate my first super hot...  this is a trinidad scorpion moruga.  

C73D215B-8E8C-499E-B948-F6416FE37BCA.jpg

At first, I tasted sweetness from the pepper.  This sweetness lasted about 3 seconds. Then for a quick second or two I tasted just a hint of floral to it.  I was thinking "where's the heat"?  I was chewing on this puppy for about a minute now...  then I felt just slight tingles.  The heat was quickly rising.  Whoa!  It's getting hotter... "Holy Sh!T!  This is getting hot really quick", I thought.  This little sucker was hot.  I mean HOT!!  funny because at first i thought it was a dud.  it didn't even look like a scorpion, and it was small, and on top of that, I bought the seeds from Dale.  But, now I realize, a super hot is a super hot...  "oh, no!  Here comes the stomach pains"  my throat was on fire.  it felt like hot fire charcoal needles were jamming into the sides of my tongue.  I wanted to get myself into the cradle position and cry myself to sleep.  Sweat is pouring down my whole face...  "Get a hold of yourself",  I told myself, "Man UP"! I thought watching someone on youtube eating superhots would make me feel better...  "Damn, those little girls sure took those peppers like a champ"  I couldn't even get halfway through the video...  I had to go outside to spit...  I took a glance at the 50 super hot pepper plants I have outside...   SMH!  "What in the world am I gonna do with all these damn chillies!!!!!
HUGE RESPECT

I have yet to even hold a super. Hoping my entry in Sicmans contest will win me a box.

Your grow looks great!

Back