• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JoynersHotPeppers 2013 GLOG

In the for winter are:

Jay's Ghost Scorpion - RED
7 Pot Jonah
7 Pot - BROWN

The grow from seed list:

Brain Strain - RED - Seed from a pod from Judy if memeory serves me correct
Carolina Reaper - Seed from PepperJoe
Jay's Ghost Scorpion - RED - Seeds from plant above

To be continued...

As of today here are how things are looking - 12/05/12

7 Pot Brown is fighting leaf drop, white flies seem likely and it has been treated. It still wanted to give me fruit.

7pot_brown.jpg

7 Pot Brown

7pot_brown_1.jpg

7 Pot Brown

7pot_brown_2.jpg

Jay's Ghost Scorpion - RED

Jays_Ghost_Scorpion.jpg

7 Pot Jonah

7Pot_Jonah.jpg

7 Pot Jonah

7Pot_Jonah_1.jpg

Seedlings

1.jpg

2.jpg

Annuum List

Cayenne Indonesian
Chiltepin Amarillo
Jalapeno Black
Jalapeno Early
Jalapeno Giant
Jalapeno Purple
Rooster Spur
Serrano
Thai #00419-2551 F1 Hybrid
Thai #00554-2553 F1 Hybrid
Thai (2005) Large Red
Thai Cross (Orange)
Thai Dragon
Thai Hazelwood
Thai Norcal
Thai Orange
Thai Prik Che Fah
Thai Prik Jinda
Thai Prik Key GNU - Chaiprakarn F1
Thai Prik Key GNU - HOM
Thai Prik Key GNU - SUAN
Thai Prik Kjinda Dang
Thai Prik Mon Dum
Thai Prik NUM
Thai Prik Sod Dang F1
Thai Prik York
Thai Prikkinu Pedsiam F1 Hybrid
Thai Prik-Mondang Red Eagle F1
Thai Red
Thai Super Hot
Thai Yellow

Baccatum

Lemon Drop

Chinense

7 POT Brain Strain Red
7 POT Brain Strain Yellow
7 POT Brown
7 POT Burgandy
7 POT Jonah
7 POT Red
7 POT Rennie
7 POT SR
7 POT Trinidad Douglah
7 POT Yellow
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia Giant
Bhut Jolokia Giant Yellow
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Bhut Jolokia White
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Billy Boy Jonah
Butch T
Chocolate Morouga (Unstable 2)
Chocolate Morouga (Unstable 1)
Chocolate Scotch
Chocolate Unknown
Douglah X Chocolate Scorpion
Fatalii
Hot Jamican
Infinity Monster
Jay's Ghost Scorpion
Mako Akoksrade
Morouga
Morouga Scorpion
Mystery Chocolate
Naga Morich
Naga Viper
Scotch Bonnet
Tazmanian Habanero
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga
White Habanero
Wine Unknown

Frutescens

Thai Hot

My regular red 7 pot and yellow 7 pot do not want to hook, sure hope that changes! So far everything in first tray is good except 7 pot red, 2* 7 pot yellow and reg red bhut. 2nd tray is struggling and 4 cells in 3rd tray are 3 for 4, 2 mystery wine and a reaper. Might need to look for a new source for the 7 pot reds and yellows, we will see.

If you have other seeds popping in the same tray then you should be fine. I have a tray where everythings up except the "Reapers". You'd figure the seed quality would have to be viable, since they're new...right? I see a few fungal gnats but hardly any and no signs of larve. Its just an "impatient waiting game" for us that don't have some seeds sprouting...

If you have other seeds popping in the same tray then you should be fine. I have a tray where everythings up except the "Reapers". You'd figure the seed quality would have to be viable, since they're new...right? I see a few fungal gnats but hardly any and no signs of larve. Its just an "impatient waiting game" for us that don't have some seeds sprouting...
Yeah, some things that should be up are not like White Habs, I have plenty of seed and still plenty of time. It is the waiting game for sure! I just checked and I have 3 sources for 7 Pot RED and YELLOW, one of the red is from my grow last year. Worst case that will be next up.

Waiting game is def the worst part. I'll be interested to see how the Reapers do. With all the talk about them and now a lot of members growing them I'm interested to see if everyone's come up fairly close or if there is a wide variation in them, flavor/color/heat do to the various growing conditions in different parts of the country. Looking good there Chris!

Hope they start popping for you. It can be trying when you have to wait and other stuff is up already.

Good luck!!!
Thanks and agreed, I already put down more White Habanero seeds from ones I grew this year...seems like ones from last year rotted and only one came up but died.

Waiting game is def the worst part. I'll be interested to see how the Reapers do. With all the talk about them and now a lot of members growing them I'm interested to see if everyone's come up fairly close or if there is a wide variation in them, flavor/color/heat do to the various growing conditions in different parts of the country. Looking good there Chris!
Yes it is! I too am looking forward to what the Reapers do, so far I have a plant a few months old and one that just sprouted. Hopefully they both make it into production so I can get plenty of options for some pictures!

Being the impatient man that I am, I am going to try more cells with anything not up and growing at this point. I think I will make a few changes on a couple I had planned with better varieties I have received since and some new unplanned additions.

Tray 1 (2 - 19)

6) 7 Pot Red --> Same
9) 7 Pot Yellow --> Same
9) 7 Pot Yellow --> 7 Pot Yellow x Bhut Carbon F1
12) Bhut Jolokia Red --> Same

Tray 2 (20 - 40)

20) Butch T --> Same
23) Chocolate Scotch --> Scotch Bonnet Red
25) Douglah x Chocolate Scorpion --> Same
26) Fatalii --> Same
34) Naga Morich --> Same
34) Naga Morich --> Same
35) Naga Viper --> Same
37) Tasmanian Habanero --> Golden Habanero
39) White Habanero --> Same
40) Mystery Wine --> White Habanero

Tray 3 (40 - 41)

41) Reaper --> 7 Pot Barrockpore

Going to pick a few more C. chinense to start as well. Not positive on which as of yet.

My regular red 7 pot and yellow 7 pot do not want to hook, sure hope that changes!

Let me know if you have issues with your second batch of yellows. I have a few seeds left that I received from pepperlover and they have germinated close to 100%. I can send you a few if you are having issues with yours.

Let me know if you have issues with your second batch of yellows. I have a few seeds left that I received from pepperlover and they have germinated close to 100%. I can send you a few if you are having issues with yours.
Thanks, that is the source I used for my second batch. I'll let you know, just planted 20 more cells and going to update my list sometime soon.

Clearly I scared some of the seeds in tray 2. 4 more cells now have occupants. Guess I'll be giving away plants or gorilla gardening and planting them in open parks. :)

Stupid fungal gnats are going to die tonight, hello peroxide!

Stupid fungal gnats are going to die tonight, hello peroxide!

I keep a bottle of H2O2 in the grow room and use it frequently but it didn't seem to have more than a small effect on my fungus gnat population. It kills the fungus and mold so the gnats don't feed on that, but they still eat the roots of the baby plants.

Azamax takes care of them pretty well. After two treatments, they are all but gone and the plants are all recvering. 3rd treatment is this weekend and will probably wipe them all out.

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/resources/learning_center/fight_pests_with_azamax/

I keep a bottle of H2O2 in the grow room and use it frequently but it didn't seem to have more than a small effect on my fungus gnat population. It kills the fungus and mold so the gnats don't feed on that, but they still eat the roots of the baby plants.

Azamax takes care of them pretty well. After two treatments, they are all but gone and the plants are all recvering. 3rd treatment is this weekend and will probably wipe them all out.

http://generalhydrop...ts_with_azamax/
Everything I read and what I did last year was mix peroxide 1 part to 4 parts of water and then water thoroughly when the plants are dry, that kills the larvae. I love my beer too much so I use a lidded jar with holes that contains apple cider vinegar to attract and drown the adults. If it fails this time around I'll check out that product.

Thanks

Hey Chris, nice looking seedlings man. Do you take the top off your dome when you see the first seedling hook? Or do you try and wait until a few hook? I personally transplant the hooked ones out of my dome out under lights, in fear of drying out the others that haven't grown yet.

I actually wait until most have come alive and just before they get their first true leaves. I still have tray 2 as an example under the dome and 4 more new guys came alive today. I also have a spray bottle and once the dome is removed I spray the cells that have not emerged to keep them moist.

Back