• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.... guess that means the pics of sic and wheebz with their pants down are FAILS. :lol:

.... wait.

On second thought, you're saying that as long as I take a pic of myself wearing only a banana leaf and holding a plate of food, I'd win this thing? Oooohh.... now you're giving me some ideas..... :rofl:

Maaaan now I gotta find 2 girls to put banana leaves on!

Oh and I meant the banana leaf as a plate. Besides beer and tv(hot peppers too ;) ) what else could a guy want?

You know, it might be fun to have a blue food TD. Blueberries not allowed. What can you make blue that isn't normally blue, but still looks like something you want to eat? Just a random thought, as that would be a real challenge.....

.... And non-U.S. holiday food. International holiday list

Not dissing the photo idea, just throwing other thoughts out.

Here's an idea to store in the throwdown spank-bank for a rainy day...

Kinda mixes a photography TD and a cooking one.

Some sort of food, like grilling or whatever, with Black and White photography only allowed. No color shots.

So the chef will have to use interesting contrasts and angles to make the food look appealing.

Just a thought.

Me likey. It's been suggested before (I think by you, even), and I liked it then, too. Don't remember why it didn't fly at the time.

Just slide a couple of bars on the saturation and hue on photobucket, and Voila!!!
(That's Siracha and buffalo wings)

THPBlue.jpg

IMGP2609.jpg

I don't know about warning points for all the joking that's been going on (that's part of the fun), but this TD discussion does feel like a stage coach hurtling towards a cliff. Someone needs to grab the reins and steer this thing in a safe direction.

This thread has gotten so Thelma&Louise!!!! :rofl:

And dang you FD - I was planning on a B&W pic for this - cuz I got no photog skeez, but I can make B&W look decent!!!!!!!
I'd have a better chance if I sketched the plate...but I can't figure out how to stick-figure eggs.

Blue Food????? Done and Won!!!!! (no, not really...but it could happ'n!!!!)

I'm might be doing a B&W photo if everyone is on board with the photo TD. ???

I'll give you something to hang on your wall. <---- and I'm not talking Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back