• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June TD - Battle Royale...Part 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last Royale was already settled.

If we do this one it's entries after that.

I disagree, Boss. That limits us to a little over half a dozen possible challenges. Why not allow the older ones? Or...allow the older ones that were not selected last time...not "challenged", per se.

Regardless...I look forward to monster-slamming PIC1 for good this time.

Aaron's gonna get all up in my kitchen
I'll make my pizza, and you won't hear no bitchen
Cep't for the beat down he's fixin to take
From the path he's choosin' to take

When we get serious, and this TD gets finalized...
Everyone will be curious about the taker of THIS prize
Who dat?
Where dat?
How dat?

Yeeeaaaahhhhhh buddy! Here's a tissue for your cryin eyes.....

I disagree, Boss. That limits us to a little over half a dozen possible challenges. Why not allow the older ones? Or...allow the older ones that were not selected last time...not "challenged", per se.

Regardless...I look forward to monster-slamming PIC1 for good this time.

Not going back to the beginning of TDs we already did that. If this is yearly we can't do that every year, no way.

Maybe we just do a normal TD and that was one time. June is busy for me anyway.

Does anyone have a June suggestion?

Thanks, Boss, I agree that the previous Battle is done. It's unusual that one person has 4 wins this last year, but that's the way it rolls. Is there still an option for a Battle Royale or would you like to just move on with a "typical" (is there ever a typical :lol: ) TD?

I'm just askin' here..so don't yell at me....

Do folks enjoy "themes" or "ingredients" TD better?

Just curious....

Yes.

edit- xoxo- I keep thinking of what my Dad says... he only likes two kinds of pie...Hot and Cold. XOXO

Something a little more specific than a CONTINENT.
"Asia"?
"Africa"?
WTH?

Why not "Europe"?.... No!

Mmmmmm Bacon...

Correction SL.... That's how SUM rolls...
edit: xoxo

:lol: correction....

that's how Sum and That Bear roll..... :wink:

:rofl: what was it Megan asked about bringing to the NWCF....chocolate douglah cookies or fatalii cheesecake and the answer was a resounding YES! :lol:

:rolleyes: bear, that guy...:rolleyes:

sheesh, what's SoFlo gonna do about That Guy???

Oh, sorry, we're still in the TD discussion thread. Back On Topic!!!

If there isn't going to be a battle royale, how about letting Mr. 3 Peat choose? I think he earned it. Or maybe have him pick 2 or 3 options and put it to a vote. That would be fun.

I really enjoyed the TD when El Jefe gave us three ingredients at the last moment and said GO.

It was more Iron Chef style. The creativity has to bubble forth at the moment.

I think we need another "surprise! These ingredients need to be incorporated, and anything goes" TD. No ruminating on a theme for a month.

Your mind start to fizzle,
And yo eyes start to drizzle.
Dreamin da days ya spent wit bear
While ya sittin in ya chair

You got yo crown
On the Pzza throwdown
I didn't get in
Or yours would've been in da bin

So don't come a knockin
When my skills start talkin
This will be my crown
You can polish it when I come to yo town.........

In april

HAHAHA

OOO! YEAH! [sub]CHOPPED[/sub][sup][sub]2..[/sub][/sup]!!!!

The mystery basket was a great one and that would be fun to do again.

Didn't we have 2 mystery ingredients TDs? Secret ingredient Mango and then the "Chopped" basket with melba toast?

Both were great, and either scenario would be fun to do again!

I'm all for someone calling it, maybe a week before the TD to allow those who need to shop the prior weekend to do so, rather than a month-long rumination of "what should it be". Maybe let the prior month's winner call it each time, other than a few themed ones through the year. But I'm also for a Friday-of-the-start call, Chopped style. More challenge, no time to whine that way. Maybe a combo though, as I can see that being too much of a challenge for some if it's on a regular basis.

In the meantime, I'll throw out the idea of dessert.

I was just ruminating here bymyself and thought, "what about straight up HEAT?"
Make something, whatever it is, but focus on the HEAT... IT HAS TO BE HOT!

Word of the day... R U M I N A T E

screw that melba toast TD, melba toast is gross

I say we to a "sacred" throwdown

have to use ingredients that were used in shamanistic and ritualistic healing in a dish

I really enjoyed the TD when El Jefe gave us three ingredients at the last moment and said GO.

It was more Iron Chef style. The creativity has to bubble forth at the moment.

I think we need another "surprise! These ingredients need to be incorporated, and anything goes" TD. No ruminating on a theme for a month.

I like that idea. "Chopped" style like last time.

What about breakfast? We've tossed around the idea for a while...the possibilities are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back