• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June Throwdown Ideas

Next Throwdown

• Fast Food Made Slow (Cook your favorite fast food meal, but gourmet style and spicy)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Pie (meat pies etc.)

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Off The Grill

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Spicy Dessert

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Carnie Food (carnival/fair foods, vendor stand foods, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 5 ingredient hot sauce, used on a cooked meal

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stuffed - anything stuffed

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AW, MMMAAAAANNNN!

Y'all stole my idea! Chicken Pot Pie!
piecrust.jpg

chickenincan-lrg.jpg

Hey Deathtosnails (see ya name there, actually relevant this comment)

Deathtosnails said:
Uhh, Neil, have you ever made puff pastry...? That's what I was refering to in buying it as opposed to making it. Your recipe is for a very simple shortcrust pastry (and it's wrong :( )

Mate, If I have a problem with Some1 or their comments I will Direct it to them with their Name(see Above) always Have always will,, didn’t even read your comment/s bout anything and when made my comment was just general conversation and my thoughts/opinions which im allowed I thought even if different from Others, Yet you assume that it was directed to/at you and your comments so then say stuff under assumption

in future could you please make sure if going to have a go at me that i was actually talking about/to you 1st and not just assume it
thanks

WTF?

I am, currently the only person who has said it's easier to buy pastry than make it in this entire thread. So you then say "If ya going to Cook whats the Point of Buying Pastry as 1/2 the Pie is pastry isn't it ? may as well go down the Pie shop buy a pie empty it Out and add ya own filling that be easier than even buying Pastry if Its easiness ya after, thought was a cooking Comp"

You can't see that as having a go at me?

YEAAAAA!!!!!!
Who would win in a pie fight between all the people in Eumemmerring, Melbourne and all the people in Central Coast N.S.W ????
(...and which ones would make their own crust?)
"OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!"

"EAT THIS PIE MOTHAF***A!!"

frydad4 said:
YEAAAAA!!!!!!
Who would win in a pie fight between all the people in Eumemmerring, Melbourne and all the people in Central Coast N.S.W ????
(...and which ones would make their own crust?)
"OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!"

"EAT THIS PIE MOTHAF***A!!"

Hittin' the testosterone pills a little hard there Fitty....

Yea, sorry, what was that???
I guess I got caught up in the hot THSC vs. DTS action.

This throwdown is going to be intense!

I have something in mind........includes pork, peppers, chocolate and alcohol.

The alcohol is for the dish, not just the chef. ;)

Do we need to start putting our Dibs on here of what we're making so someone else doesn't do it?

salsalady said:
I have something in mind........includes pork, peppers, chocolate and alcohol.

The alcohol is for the dish, not just the chef. ;)

Do we need to start putting our Dibs on here of what we're making so someone else doesn't do it?

I don't think that it would matter if two or more people made the same thing, the best one would still win!

frydad4 said:
I'm makin' a pie.

Called it.

COOL! You all make pies, I'm making something else with a crust!

Hmmm.....you will need a big FryDaddy for a 9" pie. Probably 1/2 gallon of grease...............

im looking forward to this one.. making my own crust... just working out what to put inside... YEEEEHAA!!

PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps: Pie - you should enter this one- you could post a pic of yourself!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back