• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Just put down a batch o' jerky

I want to make jerky with crocodile and maybe Kangaroo ? I saw it somewere,maybe at an airport? It looked quite good and I can get pretty good quantities cheap though a wholesaler I know. I want to do strips not ground meat but?
I was talking to a few pubs and they were interest in stocking it.

I better get my Google on.

OK so I have a whole rumpI bought Imight do a little experiment tommorrow.
This is gonna be COOL.
I'll tell you how it goes.
I will be using FAtalii for heat. And I'm going to hit it with a good dose of allspice ginger etc.

Hey stillmanz, I dont know what C64 has on this one he sent me, but its got a good bite to it, not too hot, but yummy all the same, Ive got half a packet left... I want more:P

I'm thinkin about some biltong as well. I like biltong used to be a good south african butcher in Paddington, Brisbane had the best biltong. I have a dryer just a little one but it will easily dothe job so I'll give both styles a crack. I'm not making mine too hot yet, I'm just hoping I don't poison myself lol.

billyboy said:
Fellow Chilliheads, I just had to let you all know, Ive just been eating the best beef jerky ever! Chilliman64 sent me a package of his home made beef jerky & well.... its absolutely awesome.

C64, I need to know how to make my own. Full instructions please, fair dinkum mate, Im going to run out of this real fast & Im going to need more, more I tell you MORE!!!!

:)

Woohooo - mine showed up too :onfire:.

There is nothing like it anywhere, magic stuff CM64.

genius.

I got some experimental stuff in the dryer as we speak. smells good. I used a nice cut of rump so that should be ready to taste tonight.
Were do you source everything in OZ theres so many really good sites OS particuliarly in South Africa and US.
Mick

yeeaa haaa, Ive made my first ever batch of beef jerky, just want to thank you very kindly C64, its sooo goood! I put in 3 teaspoons of pure Naga Powder, to 1 kilo of meat, very nice blend & burrrn!:hell: Thanks for all the pms in coaching me through it C64:P

how was the flavour and heat? I tend to slightly modify my recipe/method every time I make mine, always looking to make it just that little bit better.

I'm always happy to assist fellow jerky makers. maybe you can help me growing my peppers after the disastrous season I've had.

Its great for my first go, Ive gone through at least half of the batch today :hell: I was sharing alot with others mind you:), looking forward to my next batch #2 the 3 teaspoons of Naga powder was a good ratio for me, its got a good long steady burn that lasts a good 20 mins on the top back part of your tongue, once it subsides I found myself going for more!

I didnt come home looking to eat the house out this arvo:P

yep I did a fatalii Jamaican jerk spice inspired number, its not very hot got the great fatalii flavour. I like it alot got another batch toput down tommorrow. I want to do it with a more interesting meat like crock or emu I got some kangaroo to give a lash but I want a sweeter recipe for roo maybe plum infused jerk flavour??
I don't knowif that willwork but I'm justat the playing around stage.
I'll send you some when IthinkI'm getting close to good.

I tell you that roo plumb chilli number (might do a venison one too) is gonna be freaking delicious. and the jamaican jerk one is tasty kinda similiar flavour to DTJS

Back