• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Just put down a batch o' jerky

I've actually been weighing dried powder and pods lol. Its been very professional down my way of late. lol. I just put a kilo of roo in to the marinade, high hopes for this batch.

stillmanz said:
the roo jerky is pretty good but I'mnot happy with the texture... too crumbly....bit disapointing

if it's too crumbly it may have been dried for too long, next time either cut back on the drying time or slice it thicker

EDIT:
as an afterthought, did you slice it with the grain or across the grain? across the grain will make it crumble if overdried also

I think the crumblyness was in part a problemwith me adding lime to the marinade it "cooked" the meat alittle me thinks.

POTAWIE said:
I also really like goose with a spicy teriyaki merinade

I've just tried Jim Beam's Teriyaki marinade. My tongue is hanging out out the moment but nothing to do with heat as it dosen't contain any, it's the taste, I really can't work out if I like it or hate it, I certainly don't think I love it. If I could just get past the revolting smell of it I might prefer it. I've tried holding my nose and tasting it, LOL, but I'm really not sure.

Back