• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2012 Garden Season

Coming from 2011
http://www.thehotpep...n/page__st__440

About a month earlier then last year and this year I have a place in case I need to pot up.

First I got the germ bed set up and temps stabilized. Left to right go 82° - 87° - 83°

100_1506.jpg

Next I took my old light racks

100_1493.jpg

Slid one over and added a double

100_1494.jpg

Then added a new bulb that hits 6500K to each side to go with the ones from last year

100_1496.jpg

I have to get the bottom shelf done and then i will put up pics to show how the 2 lights differ and IMO will be good.

This year I will have less total plants, but more varieties. Lord please save me from this addiction. :rofl:

Initially I plan on 123 in ground and 25 in containers(some to be given away)

25 varieties, 27 strains total. Basically 3 strains of T.S., so 25 varieties.

-Naga Morich/Red 7Pot Cross
-Yellow 7Pot
-Naga Jolokia
-Douglah
-Chocolate Habanero
-Thai Variegated
-Pequin Chiapas
-Brain Strain
-Thai Fire
-Indonesian Chile
-Mystery Seeds from Patrick
-Manzano
-Yellow Scorpion
-Fatalii(true)
-Caribbean Red Habanero
-Jimmy Nardello(sweet)
-Bhut Jolokia(Starting for Melium not for my garden)
-Cumari Do Para
-Naga Morich
-Possible Cross # 3
-Red Savina/Fatalii Cross
-Cumari Ou Passarinho
-Trinidad Scorpion "Butch T" from Alphaeon
-Trinidad Scorpion Mouroga from Pepp3rfreak
-Trinidad Scorpion from pods bought from A.J.
-Tepin
-Black Thai

At a later time I will try to update this list with who they came from if not from my seed stock, the number I plan on planting, and the number I put in to germinate. To be safe I am planning on dropping double in for germination so I will most likely be sending out sprouts again this year.

Update Time:

First we have the Nards. Plant size under 2-3 feet.
100_1702.jpg

100_1703.jpg

First CRH (Caribbean Red Habanero) pod.
100_1710.jpg

And the Thai Fire is getting in on the action.
100_1705.jpg

And here is the Cross #3.
100_1711.jpg

100_1712.jpg

100_1713.jpg

Once I get a post I will post pics of my troubled Douglah.

Thanks Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

And now here are the troubling pics.
This Douglah has maybe 3 little leaves that don't look like this.

A couple shots, all of the same plant.
100_1704.jpg

100_1706.jpg

100_1707.jpg

100_1708.jpg

100_1709.jpg

Searched the forum for mottled leaves. I know I have seen pics on one of the many growlogs I try to follow, but can't remember what it was or where I saw it. I am sure they came to a solution, but if I never had the issue or helped someone with it I tend not to remember it all. Any ideas???

Wow Brian, it took a while to read what Ive missed, you have come a long long way. Just a real joy to read your Glog!

Sorry I can't help you out with your issue, but definitely and uptake issue, Just wondering if a cat pissed there recently and the root system is know sucking it up. I don't know!

Plants look great buddy, keep up the great work and wish you the best of harvest. ;O)

- Jeff

but definitely and uptake issue, Just wondering if a cat pissed there recently and the root system is know sucking it up. I don't know!

Plants look great buddy, keep up the great work and wish you the best of harvest. ;O)

- Jeff

That actually helps....uptake...cats don't jump the fence and get in there, but that is where I was dumping the fire pit last fall. Not all ash so there may be a big chunk of burnt wood down there....also the section where I had the Nards last year that ended the season with a late spread of bact. leaf spot that I ignored since it was so late.

It is only that one plant and the Brain Strains right around it are fine. Thinking it may be severe something from the chunks of wood???

Just give it some cal-mag, epsom and you'll be good as new! ha

it almost looks like thrip damage. They used to love my peppers but now they attack the mini roses bushes more than anything and the damage is rather similiar. Could be wrong, which I normally am...

-J

Whatever it is, a couple applications of neem couldn't hurt. Hit my garden with it the second time this season and insect damage was hugely curtailed. Stuff smells nasty though! (perfectly safe though)

Just give it some cal-mag, epsom and you'll be good as new! ha

it almost looks like thrip damage. They used to love my peppers but now they attack the mini roses bushes more than anything and the damage is rather similiar. Could be wrong, which I normally am...

-J

Well today while getting in a few minutes of sweaty weed pulling I saw my first praying mantis of the year. It was a baby. The one egg I put out back in the potted tomato plant must be letting them out. Tomorrow morning or afternoon I hope to clear the bamboo framed garden of all weeds and clover just to make sure it is clear for good. The clover will come back but the vine weeds are a biatch and need to go. That Douglah has new growth that is unaffected. I am debating between removing all the mottled leaves and leaving them be.

Brian check out Shanes glog if your hadn't already. He has a mottling issue that he may have under control.
I've got a couple of your Fatalii/Savina crosses going. That are starting to fork out and grow.....no pods yet, just lots of flowers. I'm curious to see which trait will take over. Did you ever seed any from those Bombay Morich's that I sent you last season?

Greg

Brian check out Shanes glog if your hadn't already. He has a mottling issue that he may have under control.
I've got a couple of your Fatalii/Savina crosses going. That are starting to fork out and grow.....no pods yet, just lots of flowers. I'm curious to see which trait will take over. Did you ever seed any from those Bombay Morich's that I sent you last season?

Greg

Unfortunately I did not seed any, but they were damn good. Now of course I wish I had. Not as hot as my Naga Morich's but a great flavor. Shane, stc????

Yep, Stc3248 in the glogs............I did OW a Bombay, It's flowering like thers no tomorrow.........the pods did bring in the heat during the mid summer through the end of it

Today I decided the 200 needed to be emptied of everything but pepper plants. Clover will comeback and be welcome. Found several Naga Morich volunteers from last year grouped together and about 2 inches tall. Thought about potting them up, but no where for them and too late IMO with what I have going.

100_1714.jpg

100_1715.jpg

100_1716.jpg

And here is a little something I decided to try.
Pepp3rfreak had a spare Fatalii that Sethsquatch brought down last Saturday.
1-Coffee can 4 small holes on bottom sides.
2-Fill halfway with leaf compost.
3-Sprinkle around a teaspoon of some homemade nute powder I got from FarmerGuy on it.
4-Fill to the 3/4 mark with leaf compost.
5-Repeat step 3.
6-Set in the Fatalii after removing from the little square it was in.
7-Fill to the top with leaf compost.
100_1717.jpg

Now all she will get is plain water for the next month.

On another note...I need to bottom prune a good many plants, but a lot are branched at the 1-2 inch mark. Will get pics soon so you can see my dilemma, as 2-4 main stalks make the pruning decision hard for me, but I don't want leaves all over the ground as they are.

Ok so I have neglected pics. The cross I was hoping for didn't take so I have 7 more Jimmy Nardellos. :clap: Early season losses had me worried but Mother Nature helped in a way. I also have them in a full sun area. The Nards I planted are in the other end of the 200 and get more shade. The move was for rotation reasons, but has shown me that Jimmy Nardellos are a full sun plant.
Here are the plants that didn't cross. They are in the 300 and get full sun.
100_1720.jpg

100_1721.jpg

Here is one of the Nards that are in the partial shade end of the 200. Good representation of the other 5 there.
100_1722.jpg

And here is the first CRH. There are more now but this guy is the first.
100_1723.jpg

I have no supers setting yet, but they should be soon, hopefully.

So, should I tell my friend not to worry about the seeds and that the crosses are just jimmys?

BTW - the one Jimmy I got from you is setting pods like crazy. :woohoo:

Back