• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiNGDeNNiZ... keep moving forward!!

Actually more of a journal for me. Just like to see all the progressions.

This year 2013 I got hit with what was believed to be thrips. They consumed one plant after another. My veggies were all destroyed by spider mites. And now my struggling in ground plants are being consumed by aphids. So many buds and flowers. Too bad they won't make it. But hey. I did t have grubs this year

Thanks to all that sent pods. Powders. Hot sauces. And seeds. Although I wasn't able to do fresh pod giveaways. I was and still doing powder and seed giveaways.

I've started some new ones late in the summer and plan to go into full swing in a week.

Here are the big boys.
null_zps45a38df6.jpg

null_zps37ebf2ed.jpg

From this
null_zps0c3e811c.jpg

To this. Soil is roots organic. And some coco
null_zps36be4a8b.jpg

I've also give hydro a shot. Jamaican scotch bonnet MoA
null_zps3c3d7159.jpg

And made this my ghetto aerogarden utilizing clay balls. Lol ... Using aerogarden nutes for now
null_zpsa222b968.jpg

null_zpse2534a76.jpg

Thanks to THP and Facebook for sharing with me the pods powders and seeds.

I met some nice folks on the FB spectrum...and for some cool varieties to grow. My In ground will be nuked and dedicated solely to the Jamaican scotch bonnet MoA. I have some you've heard of and some you haven't like the "peanut" Lucy and Katie. Bubblegum orange and a few others. Here's to a head-start

88022245-C0DB-4FDE-B79C-B29F9F413753-49411-0000059FF1DD1779_zps520ffd64.jpg

special brown pod =D

Bubblegum f4 -vegaschili

XoXo Pepper f2

yellow pixie

thick stems due to being in the aerogarden

the fork on the Brazilian Ghost pepper

Chocolate Morouga -Grant aka junglerain

thanks to Wes

and also brother Romy for keeping my friends and family warm

Congratulations on 8 years, DeNNiZ. 

You're off to great start for 2014.

I hadn't heard of Buckeye Peppers before.  I'll have to check them out.

Lots of pics. Congrats on the anniversary! Some very interesting varieties man. Hoping everything turns out good, and keep them damn pests away brotha!

That really sucks about the aphids, but good that the plants are looking better.....all those babies you've got going now look great!! ;)

Nice really nice there King I hope you and yours had a wonderful 8th anniversary, does she like eating hot peppers also? From the amount of plants you have growing, you should have a interesting garden this coming year.

stickman said:
Hi DeNNiZ,
   Everything looking great in your nursery... good luck in 2014 and Happy Anniversary!
 Thanks Rick.. Anniversary trip is postponed til Jan 17 weekend.. should be back in time for AFC NFC championship with the Saints =D...

Jamison said:
Lots of pics. Congrats on the anniversary! Some very interesting varieties man. Hoping everything turns out good, and keep them damn pests away brotha!
Will send you whatever seeds i have left ;)

Penny said:
That really sucks about the aphids, but good that the plants are looking better.....all those babies you've got going now look great!! ;)
fortunately the cold weather scared them off... now its time to nuke the rest of the problems 

wildseed57 said:
Nice really nice there King I hope you and yours had a wonderful 8th anniversary, does she like eating hot peppers also? From the amount of plants you have growing, you should have a interesting garden this coming year.
Yes.. actually my wife eats more raw peppers than i do.. while i sample and do my versions of reviews.. she eats whole pods.. bite by bite...proud of her... as for my growing.. 90% will be new varieties... only a few from last year made the cut..

so i reused the jiffy pucks to transfer some seedlings and now i have over 16 UNKNOWNS.. could be EVERGREENs... Yellow Pixies or Daisy Cutters.. or Dystonias... SMH.. already at a early start i already have unknowns

with some convincing from Melissa77754 .. i have cleared the area for my ingrounds..

i pulled them all including the MAMA bubblegum 7.. couldnt bare to toss it so i put it in new soil.. with some seabird Guano.. and somw MYKOs. 15gal.. pruned it some more after this photo

for now.. they are in containers and will go to my sisters house....

i did put a couple in another area..lets see what happens in the next few weeks

Melissa got some seeds from me via pods from GA Growhead(jason) i present to you BOC pods for 2013/2014

seedlings coming along

even got mutated Coty

needa bump

Bubblegum f4 via Vegas Chili

Pink Tigers.. all seeds sown..heres the first 4.. the others are still germing and are 2/4 in root cubes

spent the time to put them in this tray to save space...consist of pink tigers yellow lavas... morougas... etc..etc.etc

Kale anyone???

and in case ya'll didnt see.. hooked up Melissa and shes helping me grow some stuff out for Judy.. EVERGREENS.. BRown Morougas... 7 Pot Lavas

even got some of shawn aka pepperproblems plants to pod up already
\

Nightshade said:
Bump awesome plants
thanks brother!

Very cool on those pink tigers I was going to try and find some to grow but I got lazy so I didn't look for a source will be very interesting to see what they produce

Very Nice DeNNiZ! The new plants look great. Glad to hear you have the aphid problem sorted. Have you thought about companion planting to attract beneficial insects so you don't need to use pesticides?

Damn- #14 threwa scare into me....haha-I know that feeling well.
Some thing I've been meaning to ask .....MOA stands for????  It stands for Minute of angle to me, but thats probably not the case here, right....wrong?
Congrats on the 8th man....
I keep seeing that hydro stuff....and I keep going ...hmmmmmmmm :dance: , so I'm on the edge about it.....just a little push....

Have a good one
DJ

stickman said:
Very Nice DeNNiZ! The new plants look great. Glad to hear you have the aphid problem sorted. Have you thought about companion planting to attract beneficial insects so you don't need to use pesticides?
Yea yea. Dill, yarrow, tansy, queen annes lace, parsley, marigold and my favorite Harry vetch. I also use nematodes. I hope you have a stellar year man.

gnslngr said:
Some thing I've been meaning to ask .....MOA stands for????  It stands for Minute of angle to me, but thats probably not the case here, right....wrong?
I keep seeing that hydro stuff....and I keep going ...hmmmmmmmm :dance: , so I'm on the edge about it.....just a little push....

Have a good one
DJ

I think it stands for Ministry of Agriculture, but could be wrong.

Dennis, everything looks great. Keep up the good work

gnslngr said:

Have a good one
DJ

HAHA, of course that is what you think. :D

The Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture is where the seeds of this particular strain originated from. I forget who originally obtained the seeds, but I know it has been posted here before.

Back