• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiNGDeNNiZ... keep moving forward!!

Actually more of a journal for me. Just like to see all the progressions.

This year 2013 I got hit with what was believed to be thrips. They consumed one plant after another. My veggies were all destroyed by spider mites. And now my struggling in ground plants are being consumed by aphids. So many buds and flowers. Too bad they won't make it. But hey. I did t have grubs this year

Thanks to all that sent pods. Powders. Hot sauces. And seeds. Although I wasn't able to do fresh pod giveaways. I was and still doing powder and seed giveaways.

I've started some new ones late in the summer and plan to go into full swing in a week.

Here are the big boys.
null_zps45a38df6.jpg

null_zps37ebf2ed.jpg

From this
null_zps0c3e811c.jpg

To this. Soil is roots organic. And some coco
null_zps36be4a8b.jpg

I've also give hydro a shot. Jamaican scotch bonnet MoA
null_zps3c3d7159.jpg

And made this my ghetto aerogarden utilizing clay balls. Lol ... Using aerogarden nutes for now
null_zpsa222b968.jpg

null_zpse2534a76.jpg

Thanks to THP and Facebook for sharing with me the pods powders and seeds.

I met some nice folks on the FB spectrum...and for some cool varieties to grow. My In ground will be nuked and dedicated solely to the Jamaican scotch bonnet MoA. I have some you've heard of and some you haven't like the "peanut" Lucy and Katie. Bubblegum orange and a few others. Here's to a head-start

88022245-C0DB-4FDE-B79C-B29F9F413753-49411-0000059FF1DD1779_zps520ffd64.jpg

Jeff H said:

The Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture is where the seeds of this particular strain originated from. I forget who originally obtained the seeds, but I know it has been posted here before.
Steve954 is the member whose uncle works in the MoA.
He was the first to offer the seeds for grow season 2013.

Denniz, your grow is already awesome, my friend.
Way to pick yourself up, dost yourself off, and get back
in the saddle after your disappointing 2013 season.  

Good luck this year, but it looks like you won't need it!

Looking good! Loving that Chocolate Moruga from Grant. Got some of those and Caramel Morugas from him to grow this year. Pink Tiger's lookin sexy brotha! Glad everything is on the right track!

lost 3-5lbs of frozen peppers to an unknown duration of rotting meat...(someone unplugged it for who knows how long)

no longer using Oasis rootcubes...

now to make it a bit happier...BEETS ready to be transplanted by next week

Birgit Locoto still podding..

DEDO

Goats Weed

NOT Red Inca berry

Kalamath and Pink Tigers

Bubblegum orange 3 seedlings the weak 1 was pulled

Hope your grow is much better this year.   Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!  Plants are looking good so far.  Continued good growing.

Looking like a good start for the plants for this coming up grow! Best of luck to have a better season than last.

Sorry to see that so many frozen peppers got ruined but it looks like you will be more than able to replace them and with some unusual varieties at that!

Glad to see the mother bubblegum 7 is trucking along despite setbacks. Did the orange variation come about from a random seedling or was that seeds from someone else!

Have a merry Christmas!!

Hey DeNNiZ... your "Not" Inca Red Berry looks an awful lot like a Rocoto... :think:   Lots of interesting new varieties too. Good luck with 'em!

Anyway... wishing you and your family a Happy Christmas, and a new year filled with joy and health. Cheers!

Sorry to hear about the freezer fiasco, my friend!  
What a bummer to have to hit the 'like button' on
your post; but at least you have some good news
to share!!

You probably have freezer gremlins.

What do you think the problem with the root cubes is?
The seedlings look like they aren't getting enough of
something, but that is unusual looking for sure.  Almost
looks like damping off of some kind, but i'm just blowing
hot air around!

Happy holidays, my friend, and good luck going forward!

Now that just sucks, but like you said....NOT worth the risk at all.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. :dance:

Devv said:
Denniz,

Stopping by to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!

Scott
 Thanks.. had a great Christmas and New Year (at work)

HillBilly Jeff said:
Hope your grow is much better this year.   Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!  Plants are looking good so far.  Continued good growing.
made some adjustments.. transfers.. and busted out the 2nd aerogarden...

Capsicum Select said:
Looking like a good start for the plants for this coming up grow! Best of luck to have a better season than last.

Sorry to see that so many frozen peppers got ruined but it looks like you will be more than able to replace them and with some unusual varieties at that!

Glad to see the mother bubblegum 7 is trucking along despite setbacks. Did the orange variation come about from a random seedling or was that seeds from someone else!

Have a merry Christmas!!
 ya... frozen peppers still there... will sort and see what i can do to salvage...
transferred the smaller BBG in a 5gal container...

stickman said:
Hey DeNNiZ... your "Not" Inca Red Berry looks an awful lot like a Rocoto... :think:   Lots of interesting new varieties too. Good luck with 'em!

Anyway... wishing you and your family a Happy Christmas, and a new year filled with joy and health. Cheers!
thanks for the greets...
that pube is still slowly producing . not much. but still trucking for sure

PaulG said:
Sorry to hear about the freezer fiasco, my friend!  
What a bummer to have to hit the 'like button' on
your post; but at least you have some good news
to share!!

You probably have freezer gremlins.

What do you think the problem with the root cubes is?
The seedlings look like they aren't getting enough of
something, but that is unusual looking for sure.  Almost
looks like damping off of some kind, but i'm just blowing
hot air around!

Happy holidays, my friend, and good luck going forward!

had a few dampen off but still tons of seedlings to go...dont like the root cubes.. but seems like ill be able to get a few of those MoA
as for the freezer... ill just have to process them quicker...thanks again for the powder.. Naga bee rocks..

Penny said:
Now that just sucks, but like you said....NOT worth the risk at all.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. :dance:
thanks for dropping by

thanks to Dan from Red Hawk Peppers

i got mine... go get yours

getting the kids to help prep the veggies

Orange Daisy Cutters.. yellow Daisy Cutters.. and Pink Tigers

pull seedlings from jiffy pucks...then dump the soil in small pots.. Pooof out comes more unknowns that i cant bare to
toss

getting some 73* sun all day... they are all hardened off

orange bubblegum

Back