Lee´s 2009 Grow season

lee said:
Seems that I be out of the business for a while.. Had some kind of an accident a while ago where I dislocated my shoulder/arm. Luckily it snapped back into place.. but I need to have surgery on my bicep muscle or whatever..
The bad news is that it takes at least 12 weeks+ to recover :(:pray::banghead:
Feel well. my thoughts are with you, mate. :)

Thx guys.

It will take a couple of weeks/months before surgery.. and all i can do now is wait.

Some pics.

Some pods are ripening C.rhomboideum
img8393.jpg

Red Savina
img8397.jpg

Red Savina's stem
img8399.jpg

Fatalii. Is doing fine. Will have a nice yield from that one
img8404.jpg

More great pics lee. And good luck with the op.

What do the rhomboideums taste like? (because obviously the reason for growing rare, wild and interesting things is to eat them :D)

alistair said:
More great pics lee. And good luck with the op.

What do the rhomboideums taste like? (because obviously the reason for growing rare, wild and interesting things is to eat them :D)

Thx Ali

There not hot or sweet but have a very distinctive taste.. but thats not the reason why I grow them ;)

Yeah, it just reminded me about a recent chat about Charles Darwin - remembered as a great naturalist (or crazy person, I don't wanna get into a debate!) who went round the world looking at new plants and animals... but not so remembered for eating all sorts of new animals to find out what they were like - he noted puma tastes like veal and brown owls taste disgusting!!

Ciao Lee-

I like that Red Savina stem, thanks for posting it. It reminds me of the bottom of Morticia Addams' dress.

Blessings for your surgery.

JungleRain said:
thats amazing, the amounts of pods ripening on your C.rhomboideum, how many pods per node?

Up to 5 per node but the nodes are very close to each other .
Not the best quality pics. but..

An example
img8414.jpg

A bush of fruits/flower from the Rhom on 20 Liter
img8413g.jpg

Thx all for the wishes..:)

Lee just read about your injury and hope the operation goes well my friend..Your going to need someone to help you harvest your pods as i can see theres a hell of a lot,Congratulations my friend the plants are stunning ;)

hey lee sweet plants! what do you soak your rock wool in prior to germinating? i have some rockwool and am going to try germinating in them.
I have not had a high rate in succes in germinating in soil. any tips on germinating in rock wool would be awesome thanx.

Very busy these days and hardly have time read the posts on THP, but anyway here some pics.

C.Lanceolatum
img8551.jpg

Immature fruits
img8510v.jpg

C.Rhomboideum. They taste like cherry's..!? without the sweet taste. Just tasted 1 and will have some more this week. Looks like they ready to harvest
img8516.jpg

img8517.jpg

Back