• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

let's talk cheese

QuadShotz said:
That's not counting the Velveeta in the cupboard as that's not really cheese.... ;)

yea its cheese just not top end cheese. its good for cheese & salsa dips.

DickT said:
Its sometime hard to find, smoked mozzarella

I've seen some of this around, its in small packages & soft (with some liquid in the package if I'm correct ?)
I've thought about trying it someday.

ok you Gouda fans, I ate that "hidden acres chipotle gouda" awhile back & I didnt think it was that great, kinda tasted like monterey jack cheese (BTW it was not hot at all)

but I did pick up "kings choice, smoked gouda" from germany awhile back also, the cheese was a hard type but had a great flavor. (sorry for sidenote but "ritter sport" makes some damn good white choc w/hazelnuts!!!! - german product)

so far that "andes panquehue" cheese is my favorite, so soft & tasty just wished it had more heat to it.

(sorry posting as I eat them, still waiting to try the SRC jalapeno & cilantro)

I picked up the other day these
- bravo farms, chipotle cheddar
- pasture pride, juusto cheese w/chipotle (this looks interesting & good, well lets hope)

Today I was @ Hy-Vee & picked up some Hoffman's habanero cheese. With all the talk about habanero cheeses I just threw it in my cart & thought I'd be able to give a good review. I tried it earlier...no heat & it tasted very processed. Sure enough, I looked closer @ the label & it said "pasteurized processed cheese food with jalapeno & habanero peppers." I was pretty disappointed, because it was in the "good cheese" section, but I guess it's my fault that I assumed it would be good. So, just a tip, stay away from Hoffman's habanero cheese.

chilehunter said:
DSCF1458.jpg

I decided to eat the "andes" cheese 1st*
its really soft & tastes really good, but the spice level for chiles is not there IMO.
I never heard of the chiles they used

I have that in my fridge right now! haven't opened it yet.....

chilehunter said:
also this cheese "Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce Cheddar - made by Yancey's Fancey" (no pics on their site of this cheese).
I ate awhile ago & IMO it's no good! but then again I dont know why I'd think buffalo wing sauce taste would taste good in cheese :rolleyes: buffalo wing sauce should be kept just for wings.

I Do like Yancey's Fancy Cheeses. Their Habanero and Jalapeno is creamy and delicious and their horseradish cheese is awesome too.

http://www.yanceysfancy.com/flavored_cheeses.htm

Yeah chuk, if ya can get the Sonoma Jack Habanero, it's yummers.

Ohh.. chipotle Gouda..that's awesome.

Say, if nobody makes a NagaJack cheese..can I say I invented it? ;)

Hmm, they DO make cheese around here...
lightbulb.gif

ImpyChick said:
Dude, if you make this you totally have to send me some :).

Sure, but it'd be awhile Until I have pods...and it takes time to age the cheese too. Ugh.

I do wanna try it though. FAIK, nobody makes one with Naga. :)

there is only one cheese my friends !

and thats:

Reggiano Parmigiano ! ---- on everything !

stay thirsty my friends - Dos Equis

Ballingup blue sheep cheese from here in the south west of Australia is absolutely amazing and out of this world ! So soft with a strong blue flavor with the edge of the sheep cheese taste! If you havent tried this you need to....oh hungry now!

heres some more cheese waiting to be eaten :)

DSCF1758.jpg

top-bottom left-right

kings choice, gouda (sidenote their smoked gouda was really good, not in pic but had it awhile back)

rembrandt, extra aged gouda

hoffmans, habanero cheese

cappiello, marinated braided mozzarella (looks interesting)

montera jack cheese w/roasted red pepper

da vinci, mediterranean style (looks interesting)

eichten's hidden acres, habanero gouda (I already ate one of'em tastes good but doesnt deserve the title "hot")

dofino, chili-lime gouda & chipotle gouda

frico, smoked gouda

QuadShotz said:
Don't feel bad Impy...right now I have 6 kinds in the fridge and some parm in a bottle in the cupboard. I can't go a day without cheese anymore than I could hot stuff or coffee.

That's not counting the Velveeta in the cupboard as that's not really cheese.... ;)

Errr and the parm in a bottle in your cupboard isn't really cheese either!

lol

Not that I didn't grow up on that stuff and cheez wiz as treats - we were lucky to get that! Nothing like growing up poor. :)

Chilehunter - that's a lot of cheese there :)

Besides just how each cheese tastes, let us know how many notches you have to loosen your belt by :)

Back