• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

LV's 2009 Season

Well I've kicked off my growing season thanks to a heatmat and grow light.

Including what lived over the cooler months I now have a good little collection of peppers happening. I did lose a few plants and some have been coming along very very slowly. Hope they improve with the warmer weather.

thisseason.jpg

I'll post some photos later.

Nice variety LV. I've always bought the Inferno from bunnings but last year they were almost heatless, which is what got me growing from seed. Are they the same as the Super Chilli?

SeeYouJimmy said:
Nice variety LV. I've always bought the Inferno from bunnings but last year they were almost heatless, which is what got me growing from seed. Are they the same as the Super Chilli?

Not sure, my superchilli has good heat, the inferno came from Bunnings as well. Like yours it has almost no heat.

Silver_Surfer said:
Very nice assortment. Picking all of those birdseye plants must keep you very busy. :)

Totally, that's what I was thinkin lookin at the #'s. Nice list, have a good season LV!

Mate that's a good list.....I bet your excited about the new season......I know I am..:D

I only got one chilli plant from Bunnings last season. It was meant to be a yellow hab but turned out to be a orange hab.....I was very disapointed....

LordViykor said:
Not sure, my superchilli has good heat, the inferno came from Bunnings as well. Like yours it has almost no heat.

I've grown these for years and they've always had some heat. They make a good sambal. This is the only time they were low in heat. I made 2 jars and gave them away as I had 5 or 6 orange hab plants churning out the heat anyway. The plants look exactly like every pic of a super chilli I've seen so I kind of guessed that's what it was.

Silver_Surfer said:
Very nice assortment. Picking all of those birdseye plants must keep you very busy. :)

I think they will keep me busy, haven't had a proper season with them yet. Most of them were grown from seed late last season and have been pretty slow growing over the cooler months.

bigt said:
That's going to be a lot of pods! You'll be swimming in Orange Habs alone. Great list.

I can only hope :) they go into my sauces, getting asked for stuff at the moment and can't do anything with no pods.

moyboy said:
Mate that's a good list.....I bet your excited about the new season......I know I am..:D

I only got one chilli plant from Bunnings last season. It was meant to be a yellow hab but turned out to be a orange hab.....I was very disapointed....

I am excited and looking forward to this season, your list inspired me to work mine out.

All the habs I have came from Bunnings, I'm convinced they're not all orange habs no matter what they're labelled.

I might still have to get my o-habs from bunnings this year, I haven't had any germinate yet. I'll sow the last of my seed in a few days and cross my fingers.

I was watering my plants today and noticed some of my habs and birdseyes are setting flower. While I'm rapt it's freaky we are still offically in winter.

I have some pods already happening on my one of my Diablo's and one of my Superchilli's.

Looks like the growing season is kicking off.

I disassembled my greenhouse today and put all my habs and tomatoes into the ground. The rest of the pots have been put out near my fruit trees.

lotsofpots.jpg

habsntoms01.jpg

habsntoms02.jpg

habsntoms03.jpg

Are those arrows? Guess you don't need to run looking for ammunition if some nasty critter is eating your plants;) Hope you know where the bow is...

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice garden. You're going to have a very dense jungle of chili plants later this season!

Thanks, I certainly hope so at least.

MrArboc said:
Are those arrows? Guess you don't need to run looking for ammunition if some nasty critter is eating your plants;) Hope you know where the bow is...

Yep, they're arrows some cheapies I got off ebay. They came in handy I didn't have to go out and buy and stakes. :)

I visited Ol' Man Stillmanz today and got to see his hab garden, looking good Mick. While I was there I bought some choc hab seedlings from him, and got some red hab seedlings from Bunnings (well the tag says so at least).

So I've updated my grow list

thisseason_updated.jpg

Been busy today potting up plants in both my new test blend and in normal potting mix.

Photos will follow tomorrow.

Dude arrows! I was like wtf that would be expensive but further thought yeilded another thought. That is the flights would make them visible and make you less likely to poke your eye out! I know hippy nearly buggered one of his eyes like that.

Great going :P

Novacastrian said:
Dude arrows! I was like wtf that would be expensive but further thought yeilded another thought. That is the flights would make them visible and make you less likely to poke your eye out! I know hippy nearly buggered one of his eyes like that.

Great going :P

They were cheap crappy aluminium arrows from eBay that I got for my boys. We've upgraded to some beautiful carbon fibre shafts now. :)

You are correct in the assumption on seeing them, that was one reason they got used. I've gone through and painted the tops of the bamboo stakes fluro pink for the same reason. Hopefully no mishaps will occur.

Back