• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Matt's 2010 Garden list/seedlings

Silver_Surfer said:
The Kisser is said to be the same pepper.

Oh noo! Is it? Now i have to put some seeds down of kisser as well. Just to check!
The guy i got them from listed them as 2 diff peppers. But it culd be close related i guess. We/i will know in 4months!

Well I did some more gardening yesterday. I traded a couple plants to the guy at the local green house for a big bag of potting soil and some nursery planters. I potted up 6 of my hotties into 3 1/2 gallon containers. I had to get the 3 Habaneros (white red & orange) out of their solo cups, they were extremely root bound and stopped growing a couple weeks ago, hopefully after some mother nature rain this weekend, they will come back into their cycles and grow again.

I am going to try to get some more plants into the bigger containers today or tomorrow, still need to pot up a couple Chocolate Habs, Fatallis, Datils and CARDIs, the rest will go into the ground...
These two are a Bhut Jolokia and a Trinidad Scorpion (Asias Garden seed)...
BhutTrinidad.jpg

Here is my biggest AJ scorpion and on the right is a Orange Hab...
AJScorpionOrangeHab.jpg

This is my most anticipated, a White Hab, on the right is a Caribbean Red Hab...
WhiteHabCarribeanRed.jpg

And finally are 2 Medusa (front), a Prairie Fire (center left), a BB Douglah (center right) and another Bhut Jolokia in the back (he needs a bigger pot)...
MedusaPrairieDouglah.jpg

Well we had a cold snap and I didnt get them inside soon enough, mother nature took her toll, I lost some leaves and they dropped some flowers. Fortunately after a couple days inside they are starting to come back to life and growth is returning.
Here is one of my Bhut Jolokias, it is getting full of flowers. I have decided to leave it inside under the lights to see if I can get pods to set at a constant 70 degrees...
Bhut2Flowering.jpg

I know its not a hot pepper, but it is of the hot pepper family, or so I was told. The soon to be famous (maybe not though) Zavory, a heatless Habanero. You can see one pepper forming at the top, it is about the size of a marble and there are tons of tiny flower buds forming...
Zavory.jpg

Here is one of my Billyboy Douglahs, it is starting to get happy in its new pot, but I will have to pot up again at some point...
Douglah.jpg

I modified my original 3 shelf grow box. Everything was getting so tall and into the lights. I took the middle shelf out and moved the top shelf down. Luckily due to giving away plants to neighbors and co-workers, I am not so congested for space...
GrowBox1.jpg

This is the top of one of my dressers. This is all natural sunlight (not today though, damn clouds and wind) growth, some peppers, some tomatoes, all from seed...
Dresser-1.jpg

And one of the ones I have wanted to grow for so long is finally taking off, tons of flowers, Prairie Fire. From what I have read, this is supposed to have tons of hot little peppers. There is one on it so far, but it is hidden down in the foliage...
Medusa-2.jpg

Looking good Matt. I've been so tempted to start potting up and putting plants outside too. Running out of room and light, just like you. I've been working mine like everyone else--forever it seems and the thought of losing any of them to a freeze just bugs the crap out of me. One more week and out they go.

Best of luck to ya. Hey, how many miles you got on Mr. Harley so far?

1198 miles on her. Havent rode since last weekend cause weather isnt cooperating with highs in the mid 50's and lows in the lower 30's, it sucks. We had frost saturday morning!!!

Back