• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest May 1-2, 2009 Pizza Toss Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImpyChick said:
I loooove the brick oven pizzas @ Whole Foods. TB I know you shop there, have you ever had those?

Impy, I've seen the pizza at the hippy joint (WF) but haven't noticed the wood fired grill. The store is sooo big though..
The prepped food section with the entrees and sides is unreal!
I usually shop there when I'm going to cook and have been meaning to try stuff from there. Awesome salad bar! The best I have ever seen.

THP..love the local joints..and the sausage and peppa's too!

Cheers, TB.

DAAAAMMMNNN!! I've been away all eve makin grilled trout and shite, only to find the pizza tosser off (hahaha tosser) in full effect! I couldn't make a pizza if you delivered it to my door, but ya'llz beez gettin down in here!

IGG, you pizza is makin my nostrils sweat from here! And Impy, I just finished dinner, but I'll have one of those minis delivered for dessert!

I await the grilled TB offering with open eyeballs...

TROWDOWN!!!!!!!

Okay ya'll, pizza #1 is Mrs. Blues Garlic Chicken Pizza. Unbeknownst to me, mrs. blues picked up a roasted chix breast, jarred garlic cream and some shredded mozz. I added some roasted garlic I prepped last night along with the dough I whooped up.
She likes a cracker style crust but I did one a little thicker than NY style. I'm wrestling with the camera here so ...

0047-1.jpg

I should have pic'd it while still on the grill stone but this'll do..

0048-1.jpg

Oozy but needs more goozy....smells like heaven though...

0049-1.jpg

#2 in the works....later...and it's notorious!

Cheers, TB

looks like I better go back to the drawing board! smelled awesome, as TB said, but taste a bit on the bland side... My ideas ALWAYS suck! much better when TB makes everything from scratch :)

mrs.blues said:
looks like I better go back to the drawing board! smelled awesome, as TB said, but taste a bit on the bland side... My ideas ALWAYS suck! much better when TB makes everything from scratch :)
Looks good, remember , it's pizza, you can spice it up... red pepper flakes?

I'll be bringin' the heat on #2! Time for a shot of tequila to get my mojo workin'! Dough is warming up, and Missylou is waiting to play..time to throw the ball for a bit and then back in action!

Cheers, TB.

thehotpepper.com said:
Looks good, remember , it's pizza, you can spice it up... red pepper flakes?

say it isn't so Joe... my version of "HOT SAUCE" is ketchup! I know... I'm a loser! Does that mean you will ban me? :oops:

Well if it's bland you may have left out some needed salt in the process try a few sprinkles and it will pick it right up :)

thehotpepper.com said:
Well if it's bland you may have left out some needed salt in the process try a few sprinkles and it will pick it right up :)

oh, I'm all about the salt! I salt EVERYTHING but that's a topic for another thread!

Meez go getz :beer: and waitz for TB.

Tequilas kickin' in. mrs. blues went to bed...hehe..time for mayhem and destruction.....wtf? Where's JayT?

Chunks, Torpedo.

JayT and Quadz are missing... maybe kissing in a tree.

texas blues said:
Quad will show..JayT...I'm sure he's too drunk to post.

Cheers, TB.
You mean Quad will be too drunk to post but will still show ;)

thehotpepper.com said:
You mean Quad will be too drunk to post but will still show ;)

No. Quad will post just fine al beit drunk. JayT....he'll post while barfing. Me....most assuredly drunk....as are you!

Cheers, TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back