• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest May 1-2, 2009 Pizza Toss Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Mine is in the oven at this moment.

Ready to start
pizza01.jpg

1 pizza base
tomato paste
Chilli Factory Turbo Supercharge Habanero Paste
Jalapenos
Serranos
Pequins
Onion
Cheese
Ham
Bacon
Sun Dried Tomatoes
Banana
Pineapple
Hungarian Hot Salami
Mushroom

Partly there 1
pizza02.jpg

Partly there 2
pizza03.jpg

Ready for the oven
pizza04.jpg

thehotpepper.com said:
You mean Quad will be too drunk to post but will still show

Ha, I failed...

Ended up passing out early because of too much Newcastle Brown Ale, woke up at like 11pm going wtf!?

Will havta see what destruction I can cause now..it's better anywayz cuz gets too hot cookin' during the day. :)

LordViykor said:
Mine is in the oven at this moment.

Daaamn...'NANNERS ON PIZZA!?!?! :shocked:

Oh, excellent doings TB, love the garlic chix pizza. Hmm, ideas.

Impy...I love what yer doing there...it's like something I'd have done 'cept you thought of it first. ;)

Now, how frelling much dough do ya use for a 9x5 toaster oven pan? Good thing is, a normal batch of dough should make at least two of my toaster-oven pizzas.

Cool stuff. :)

My pizza is cookin' right now...it's gonna p0wn.
tongue-wink.gif

brb, i needs moar beer for headache from yesterdays' beer....

Tippy said:
Quads get me some too
;)

Hay bro..will do.. I'll see ya on WH inna bit if ya there.

Now for da pizza...

Spicy Hardwood Smoked Sasauage, Egg and Cheeeese Brekky Pizza!!

Stuff:

S6302837.JPG

Ended up not using the mushrooms as I forgot...

Took casing off the sausage so I could crumble it up, added bunch of cayenne, chipotle and a pinch of rosemary. When about done, added the onions/pequins/mexican oregano.

S6302841.JPG

After that, put the meat stuff aside, and did up a 30-sec srambled egg...using the ElYecateco instead of milk...the leftover oils from teh sausage made it awesome.

Stretched out some of the dough, rolled up the edges around strips of 3-yro white cheddar, added my own sauce + ElYucateco,XXXhot, then the toppings, shredded chipotle cheddar and a bit of red pepper for color. The cheese is actually more orange, but the light sucks here at night...

S6302849.JPG

To be continued.... ;-)

Ok, let 'er rip for awhile, then added some Mozz and the rest of the Pequins just because, and wham-bam-maam, here she is:

S6302853.JPG

S6302858.JPG

S6302860.JPG

The cheese in the crust melted right in giving a a great flavor.

Mmm, it's smokey, hottt, and a good way to wake up.
drooling-7.gif

Ok guys I'm here. Everyone's pizzas are looking great. I want to try them all. I was drinking at my boss' house after work and by the time I got home I was in no shape to be cooking and photographing. I went out this morning and picked up the ingredients for two phenomenal pizzas. I am going to make a new and improved version of my previously posted Hawaiian pizza and a Supreme. This will occur this evening. I have a party to go to this afternoon so I will probably be making these Drunken Chef style, but I know exactly what I want with them so it should be no problem.

Hey ya'll. Pizza #2 on deck here. This one will be TB's Notorious Drunken Pepper Pizza. I brushed the dough with olive oil, and then a little 4 cheese Mexi-blend. Then I sauteed the toppings lightly. Red bell, anaheim, 'peno', serrano, pequin, habanero! Topped the pie and added more cheese. Here 'tis ya'll.

Gettin' down in the cast iron..

0051-1.jpg

ZZ Topped and ready for the grill..

0052-1.jpg

Light my fire baby..

0053-1.jpg

Where's the beer?

0054.jpg

To be continued tonight ya'll...

Cheers, TB.

Nice guys!!!!!!! This would be a great tasting in person.

I gotta say I am diggin' the way LordViykor's came out looking, and I'd want to try that weird Hawaiian with bananas and salami.

Veddy nice TB!
Man, I ned a car...ingredients dont get themselves..ack.

But, i got stuff yet to do..and dough to rise...

:drooling: Damn guys respect on the pizza making skills!!
And thanks for all the good recipes/ideas :).

JayT said:
by the time I got home I was in no shape to be cooking and photographing.

Never stopped me b4..lol

lee said:
:drooling: Damn guys respect on the pizza making skills!!
And thanks for all the good recipes/ideas :).

Danke, Skol!

Feck, been dri9nking for like umm...12 hrs THIS time..need to flal dwn now

QuadShotz said:
Never stopped me b4..lol

Danke, Skol!

Feck, been dri9nking for like umm...12 hrs THIS time..need to flal dwn now

Thats german and something else.

In holland we say Dank je :lol:

I'm still trying to get my mind (and taste buds) around the bananas on pizza. Interesting...

Yay for brekkie pizza, Quad!!! Looks great.

And TB...an all pepper pizza...BRILLIANT!!

Keep it up, y'all!

Bananas would seem to be one of the last things to put on a pizza but I've never tried it so I won't knock knit.

Not a lot of you all going for mushrooms either and I thought that was a staple of 'zas.

I am loving the smackdowns and the Toss Off's gang, keep up the great work. Hope you get a few others involved!!:):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back