• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2014 Glog

So I've started my grow a couple of weeks ago, 28th of January. I use the same setup as previous seasons, 2x 125watt CFL 6400K lights, black/white foil. First round were the Chinense, about 22 different varieties, mostly superhots and hots. Almost everything germinated within a week and with a total germ rate of 92% I was pretty pleased. I potted them up last week and they quickly showed new growth again. Well enough talk, this is what the plants looked like yesterday, 10 days after transplant and almost 4 weeks from start date.

IMAG3823_.jpg

IMAG3824_.jpg

Devil’s Tongue White (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3825.jpg

This one is a beast, very rapid growth, big leaves and already branching out? Georgia Black (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3828.jpg

IMAG3829.jpg

This season I'm growing out a couple of crosses from friends like Gary/Nagabrain Chocolate F-2, Mike/Elysium Oxide Bonnet and Jamie/Green Hornet F-2. Also some phenotypes that showed up at John's garden, 7 Pot Peach F-2 and 7 Pot Caramel F-2. Of course I'm also growing my own discovery from last season, Pimenta Lisa F-2. Got 2 seedlings going, one has the desired traits so far and the other one is green as grass. Looking forward to growing both out!

Last weekend I started up the second round, mostly Annuum and some Chinense I got in trades these last few weeks. Today the the first ones sprouted after merely 3 days and even Chinense! Well that's it for now, thanks for keeping up so far :D

Looking saweet Stefan!

Congrats on the warmer weather, I'm hoping Thursday is our last time in the low 40's.

Crazy how some of the plants go right to flowering, I have a few 4-5" plants doing the same.

Wishing you continued success!

Devv said:
Looking saweet Stefan!

Congrats on the warmer weather, I'm hoping Thursday is our last time in the low 40's.

Crazy how some of the plants go right to flowering, I have a few 4-5" plants doing the same.

Wishing you continued success!

Thanks, Scott. Last night we had some unexpected frost, guess I better take it as a warning sign and wait a bit longer before I bring any plants to the tunnel ;)

GA Growhead said:
Freezing here tonight. playing the waiting game too!
Yeah, same here but within a few weeks this will be over I hope :)

Jamison said:
Er heel goed uit Stefan! Zaden maakte het in echt goede vorm! Waarderen dat zeer! Albino peper, geweldig! Nog nooit gezien dat!
The words are good but the grammar is totally off. The translators always suck with grammar :) The Albino pepper died yesterday.

Devv said:
dang Jamison, so close to to Deutsch. I'm too far away brain wise at the moment..LOL
German and Dutch are pretty similar indeed. Although I can't write or talk German, I do understand most of it when I read or hear it.

As you can see I still have a lot of work to do in the pepper tunnel. I first started to prepare the tomato plot since those will be planted out earlier.
IMAG3877.jpg

This plant has been weird from the start and now the leaves are being this funky. Must be some genetics that are f*cked up :) It's in good health otherwise, the other seedlings are showing the same distortion.
IMAG3879.jpg

Looking good Stefan! Lots of work to do here too! I did put my first plants (8 Datil's) in the ground yesterday. I'm happy about that. I got to get some progress pics up soon.

Have a great week!

Mike

PIC 1 said:
I'm looking forward to seeing the pepper tunnel in full swing, but I can also relate to the "wait"...it's been a crazy winter for all and which is better.. watching the plants struggle through near freezing temps or thriving in the warmth. I'm with you and playing the waiting game with the weather.
Hey Greg, thanks for dropping by :) Yeah, they won't be happy yet outside. Especially in the tunnel where it's 79-80F during the day and maybe 40F at night. That's an to big of difference in temperature which brings the plants out of balance. We'll just have to be patient for higher temperatures at night :)

Devv said:
Can't wait to see the tunnel in action, I'm sure it's going to be full!

And this has been a cold winter, farmers even waited 2 weeks longer to plant corn this season.
It's gonna take a lot of work first and I plan on making a decent path in the middle this time and place borders beside it. Not as full as last year since I now got about 130 plants going, last year I had 250 ;) This way I can leave more space between them which makes it easier for me to maintain and just more light and space for the plants.

capsidadburn said:
Looking good Stefan! Lots of work to do here too! I did put my first plants (8 Datil's) in the ground yesterday. I'm happy about that. I got to get some progress pics up soon.

Have a great week!

Mike
Sounds good, Mike. In the beginning it's always a lot of work but once you got them finally in ground it gets easier doesn't it? :) Your Bonnet's are doing excellent and becoming beautiful plants, very short internodes with almost heart shaped leaves. It really stands out compared to the rest.
Some non related pepper pictures this time.

The volunteer Cilantro that has grown just before the winter has survived so far and is showing new growth. Evidence of our very mild winter.
IMAG3881.jpg

Also our Thyme bushes are growing again, I grow these myself from seed last year. Savory behind it.
IMAG3882.jpg

Chive, Parsley and volunteer flat parsley from between the tiles.
IMAG3883.jpg

And the cat being lazy as always :)
IMAG3880.jpg

Stefan your plants are the perfect "green".......any futher down the spectrum and they'd look artificial.
Your doing a fine job with the feedings...............Guano water ?

Your plants are beautiful, Stefan!

Wow Meatie, I grow just like you do. :dance:  Everything looks healthy and happy except the funky looking one. lol 
Looking forward to seeing that pepper palace/tunnel full from start to finish, if what I seen here is any indication of how this years grow will go for you, you will be one happy camper!!

I would wish you luck but I can see you make your own. :party:

Cheers - Jeff

Devv said:
Plants look great!

I just wish all the peppers could have the enthusiasm the Annuun's have.
Yeah indeed, Scott. That would been awesome, it could be possible.

GA Growhead said:
Yep. Definitely a similar growth. Annuums looking good!
When they get bigger/longer I'm gonna twist it together so I get 1 ;)

PIC 1 said:
Stefan your plants are the perfect "green".......any futher down the spectrum and they'd look artificial.
Your doing a fine job with the feedings...............Guano water ?
Greg, your to kind! Your cross is growing really well again and the plants are beautiful, short internodes and very green. The bat guano was in the soil actually, I did had to water it before using but I was stubborn and just mixed it with a light mix I had from sowing. Some plants did get Edema, which were more sensitive to the nutrients I guess.

cone9 said:
Your plants are beautiful, Stefan!
Thank you, sir!

Spicy Chicken said:
Wow Meatie, I grow just like you do. :dance:  Everything looks healthy and happy except the funky looking one. lol 
Looking forward to seeing that pepper palace/tunnel full from start to finish, if what I seen here is any indication of how this years grow will go for you, you will be one happy camper!!

I would wish you luck but I can see you make your own. :party:

Cheers - Jeff
Yeah that funky is really something else, Jeff. All three are looking like that, it's in the genes :) Got some new juice for them this year which will be interesting to see which results it gives. Still a long way from plant out, although time flies. Thanks for dropping by!

Back