• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Melissa77754 2012 Glog

Hey Everyone
icon_smile.gif

So I figured it is about time I start a Grow log of my own and I will do my very best to keep it up to date. With two kiddos and a massive amount of plants my days can be pretty hectic. I grew jalapenos and serranos last season, had a decent harvest considering the small pot size I used. In July I met a nice lady giving away hot pepper seeds to newbies on GW, decided to give them a try, August met Smokemaster through a generous SASBE offer and the rest is history!! lol

I started a batch in late August so I have some "overwinters" if you will, living in SoCal I can grow year round with the right protection from time to time. I started out with a cheap 12'x7' hoop house and when the winds thrashed that I bought two 6x8 with shelving, still the cheaper plastic hot house type but the shelving makes it heavy and the winds don't phase it. I also have a 6x6 indoor tent with a 4 bulb T5 and 2 monster size CFL's. The growth indoors versus out does not even compare, T5's are amazing! Have to thank my bro for giving me that fixture.

I am hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew being it's my first real season growing super hots mainly. I plan to sell some plants along the way to help fund my pepper growing addiction
icon_smile.gif
My log will be pretty picture heavy which I am sure most will not mind! Enjoy and happy pepper growing to everyone!!
dancingpepper.gif

My grow list (Still need to add, started some more trays after creating this list and haven't had time to update)

"CLUBBED" SCOTCH BONNET (rec'd in trade from canada, this is the shape he explained thus the name)
7 POT PRIMO
7 POD BURGUNDY
7 POT BARRACKPORE
7 POT BROWN
7 POT JONAH BUTCH T
7 POT MOROUGA YELLOW
7 POT ORANGE
7 POT RED
7 POT YELLOW
7 POT YELLOW LARGE
AJI JOE CHOCOLATE HAND GRENADE
AJI LIMON
AJI UMBA
ANCHO MULATO
ARBOL
ARIBIBI GUSANO
BEAVER DAM
BENI HIGHLANDS
BETH MYSTERY PACK
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA INDIAN CARBON
BHUT JOLOKIA PURPLE
BIG JIM
BIKER BILLY
BIQUINHO
BIRGITS LOCOTO
BLACK NAGA JOLOKIA
BRAIN STRAIN
BRAIN STRAIN SR
CANTINA YELLOW
CARRIBEAN RED
CASCABELLA
CAYENNE GOLDEN
CHAPAEU DE FRADE
CHOCOLATE BHUT JOLOKIA
CHOCOLATE HABANERO
CHOCOLATE SCOTCH BONNET
CHOCOLATE T.S.
CONGO BLACK
CONGO RED
COSTENNO AMARILLO
DATIL
DOUGHLAH
DOUGHLAH X BUTCH T
EARBOB PI59272
EL ORO DE EQUADOR
FATALLI
GIANT JALAPENO
GRENADA YELLOW SEASONING
GUYANA PI199506
GUERRITO
HABANERO BIG SUN
HAROLD ST BARTS
HOT HUNGARIAN
INFINITY
JAMAICAN YELLOW
JIMMY NARDELLO
LIGHTNING MIX
MADAME JEANETTE
MANZANO RED
MANZANO AMARILLO
MANZANO ORANGE
MARCONI ROSSO
MOROUGA YELLOW
MYSTERY
NAGA MORICH
NAGABON
NUMEX SANDIA
NUMEX TWILIGHT
ORANGE THAI
PADRON
PEACH BHUT JOLOKIA
PEACH HABALOKIA
PEACH LANTERN
PEACH SCORPANERO
PERUVIAN GOLD
PINK HABANERO
PURPLE BHUT JOLOKIA
QUEEN LAURIE PI1281405
RED FATALLI
RED HABANERO
RED ROCOTO
RED SAVINA
SANTAKA ASIAN
SCOTCH BONNET
SUPERHOT SURPRISE
SUPREME MIX
SURINAME HABANERO
T.S. BUTCH T
T.S. MOROUGA
TOBAGO SCOTCH BONNET
TRINIDAD BEAN
TRINIDAD MOROVAS
TRINIDAD SCORPION
TRINIDAD SEASONING
TRINIDAD SWEET CHERRY
WHIT 7 POD
YELLOW HABALOKIA
YELLOW 7 POT LRG
YELLOW 7 POT X ?
YELLOW BHUT JOLOKIA
YELLOW BRAIN STRAIN
YELLOW T.S.

MY CHOCOLATE HAB IS LOADED WITH FLOWERS!
IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

RED HABANERO
IMG_2787.jpg

Another great harvest. Just had salsa with the paper lantern in it and loved the heat from those. Is that a lonely lemon drop I see in the picture? They have an excellent crispy crunch when you slice them in half and a wonderful scent. You won't be disappointed in those. About the only thing I don't like about the Jamaican yellows is trying to clean them. I bought a soft bristled toothbrush and it does a good job on them.

How are those peters? Was thinking about trying a plant just so I could give away pods lol.

Your garden is really kicking in now!!!

Thanks Bodeen! My garden is definitely kicking in to high gear, not only do I have pods ripening daily but new pods set everywhere! They love this heat wave we have been having, I figured I would get lots of flower drop but not the case! The lonely yellow is a Aji Limon, I LOVE those peppers! Great heat, smell and taste! Just can't go wrong with them! I should have a lot more in the next couple weeks, it's doing the one or two ripe pods at a time right now with tons green. I agree the jamaican yellows can be a pain to clean, but they taste so good so I will keep growing them. I was looking through my harvest to see which one you think is a peter? Sounds funny even saying that! :P I didn't grow any of those so it could be a mutant pod of some other variety you are seeing ;)

Wow Melissa, Those harvest shots are starting to look comparable to the "Mighty Shane's"

Those stuffed peppers look crazy good. That's how I do them............no room to breath..................ha

I envy your extended growing season, You'll still be harvesting.....while.I'll be replacing all the bulbs for the winter start-up................. :tear:

Your glog sure produces the "artsy colorful" photos.................grow on with it!
Greg

Thanks Greg!! I am not a fan of cream cheese so we go the ground beef/cheese/chile/onion/garlic mixture for our poppers, and if they don't overflow you didn't do it right! haha! Not sure I compare to the ol' mighty STC yet, his plants are on steroids for sure!! Lol. I am lucky for living in socal, prime pepper growing conditions. But that won't stop me from firing up the indoor grow come October! I bought some pods off Silver surfer and those seeds are begging to be started! :P Oh and FYI, if you need a good source for bulbs that won't break the bank. 1000bulbs.com is the place to go! Buy in bulk and save a whole lotta money!! Good luck with the rest of your season and winter grow!

Great as usual Meliss! My first chinenses are starting to ripen(orange habs) Yay! They are actually bonnies worlds hottest habs but are orange 3 have a little color showing finally now that the temp dropped to around 100 F. Keep up the great work!

Eric

Woohoo on the pods set Eric!! Awesome!! See I am not the only one getting pods set in 100 deg heat, it's crazy how many pods have set for me during our heat wave!! I hope you have many many more to come!! ;)

I found a garden orb spider in between two bushes in my grandmother's bushes that I was trimming and growing close together. I am terrified of spiders especially large ones, but when I saw this hand sized spider that had drawn a zig zag in its web.. i just knew satan had created it and put it in my grandmother's yard to punish me for my teenaged sins... as there were many... i screamed for Sweet Baby Geesus and ran inside. Needless to say my uncle finished the hedges..... I was done to the done done....

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Thanks for the info on the spider, I could tell it was an orb weaver by the web. That guy popped up overnight, crazy how quickly they build their webs! He is more afraid of us than we are of him, it's my hubby's new pet! lol. Yesterday he had me come out and watch as he fed it some bugs, you are right, amazing the way they wrap up their prey! He is a keeper that's for sure![/background]

NOOOO NO TO THE NO NO...I RAIDED HIS ASS... NOOOO HE COULD NOT STAY...NOOOOOOOO.. FK THAT

Geez Greg and Melissa I'm blushing over here! Seems I recall a harvest shot from the Chi-town area with two full 5 gallon buckets. I am no where near that! I have been blessed with some really productive plants this season for sure. Not sure it was at all my doing, but thanks! Harvests are getting better on your end won't be long and I'll be wishing I had your harvests!

Pia "[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]I was done to the done done...." :rofl:I had a few acres down in TX and was out on the riding mower one day ducking and dodging the trees and ran smack into one of them. Her and her web smack dab in the middle of my face...or more ALL over my face. I'm not afraid of spiders...but that one did creep me out a bit. She jumped clear and ran away. Trail running in Florida I would come out of the woods with webs trailing behind me like party streamers. I always got the honors of "setting the pace" out front...[/background]

UMMMM SHANE... They would have had to get the sedative and a straight jacket for me...... Im just saying.. the thought of what you went through with that....well just say I am sitting in my chair right now looking around like the crazy person that hears voices in her head. My husband looked at me like WTF WRONG Wit YOU????? :rofl: :rofl: I Like scaring his ass so I realized what i was doing and looked at him all crazay and said..."NUTTIN...WHATS WRONG WIT U :shocked: ." HE TURNED AROUND, looked at me like she is :crazy: AND WENT TO BED AHAHAHAHAAAAAA IM GOING TO HELL WIT GASOLINE DRAWS ON AHAHAHAAAAAAAA. I know he is sleeping with one eye open and I love it

I found a garden orb spider in between two bushes in my grandmother's bushes that I was trimming and growing close together. I am terrified of spiders especially large ones, but when I saw this hand sized spider that had drawn a zig zag in its web.. i just knew satan had created it and put it in my grandmother's yard to punish me for my teenaged sins... as there were many... i screamed for Sweet Baby Geesus and ran inside. Needless to say my uncle finished the hedges..... I was done to the done done....

NOOOO NO TO THE NO NO...I RAIDED HIS ASS... NOOOO HE COULD NOT STAY...NOOOOOOOO.. FK THAT

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: PIA YOU ARE TOO TOO FUNNY GIRL, YOU GOT ME LAUGHING OUT LOUD OVER HERE!! THE HUBBY PROBABLY THINKS I AM CRAZY NOW! :P " i just knew satan had created it and put it in my grandmother's yard to punish me for my teenaged sins" hahahaha!!

Geez Greg and Melissa I'm blushing over here! Seems I recall a harvest shot from the Chi-town area with two full 5 gallon buckets. I am no where near that! I have been blessed with some really productive plants this season for sure. Not sure it was at all my doing, but thanks! Harvests are getting better on your end won't be long and I'll be wishing I had your harvests!

Pia "[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]I was done to the done done...." :rofl:I had a few acres down in TX and was out on the riding mower one day ducking and dodging the trees and ran smack into one of them. Her and her web smack dab in the middle of my face...or more ALL over my face. I'm not afraid of spiders...but that one did creep me out a bit. She jumped clear and ran away. Trail running in Florida I would come out of the woods with webs trailing behind me like party streamers. I always got the honors of "setting the pace" out front...[/background]

Shane you deserve the praise buddy so blush away! :P I need to take another pic of that spider, I swear it has almost doubled in size, has a whole bunch of snacks rolled up in it's web right now! lol.

VIDEO REVIEW FOLKS!! SILVER SURFER WAS KIND ENOUGH TO SEND ME A BOX OF PODS TO REVIEW AFTER I PURCHASED SOME PODS FROM HIS AUCTION. FIRST UP IS A BILLY BOY DOUGHLAH YELLOW REVIEW, THIS PEPPER PUT A HURTIN' ON ME!!! MY BRO HANDLED IT LIKE A CHAMP SO BIG PROPS TO MR_POTS!! I TOOK A CHOCO BHUT OVER AS WELL AND COULDN'T HANG FOR ANOTHER REVIEW AFTER THE YELLOW DOUGHLAH SO MY BRO TOOK THAT ON ALONE, UPLOADING NOW SO I WILL POST THAT ONE A LITTLE LATER. THE HUBBY AND I WILL TACKLE SOME MORE OF HIS PODS TONIGHT, WISH ME LUCK GUYS.....I AM GONNA NEED IT!! :pray:

yeah Melissa when it hits the back of my throat its the worst.... I cant take it either. Makes me want to gag almost. I have to say you still did very well. I can imagine that is a hot mofo. MGold did a review and it gave him a wallop

Mr. Hots ..... oops Pots... well done :dance: You were built for CHILLIESSSSS

Wow, looks like another winner! Great job Melissa and bro. He did an great job describing everything :clap: I'm won't even think about doing that for quite a while, last week I got burned when tasting my Hab. Mustard :oops: so I still got a long way to go ;)

DON'T HAVE TIME TO RESPOND TO EVERYONE RIGHT NOW, BUT I WANTED TO POST A COUPLE MORE VIDEOS. STARTED A NEW JOB YESTERDAY SO TIME IS LIMITED. ON THE ANTILLES FIRE REVIEW AND NICK'S CHOCO BHUT JOLOKIA REVIEW YOU WILL SEE THE VIDEO CUT OUT, FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE SETTING ON MY CAMERA THAT WAS MAKING THAT HAPPEN. NEXT VIDEOS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. THE ANTILLES FIRE REVIEW IS COMEDY SO ENJOY, OFFICIALLY SCARED OF SILVER SURFERS PODS! LOL. I HAVE ONE MORE VIDEO OF JUAN AND NICK EATING THE BHUT JOLOKIA INDIAN CARBON, SHOULD BE UP LATER THIS EVENING.

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GOOD WEEK! ;)

Nice review, you guys can sure handle the heat.
Those Antilles Fire peppers are one of my favorite ones to grow, they put out a lot of pods that start out green and then a dull brown color into the orange then red thin skinned pack with seeds and oil with a cool wrinkle look to them and pack a punch for sure.
Keep them coming again nice review.

awesome job you guys, i like how you left the guys hangin and jumped into the ice cream tub :party: . i would have beat you to it if i tried either of those peppers.

i love how your GLOG has progressed from seed starts all the way thru to reviews with tons of photos and updates. you have my vote for GLOG of the year

Excellent vids you guys, Way to go Juan for not drinkin' anything after the antilles fire! Keep up the great work Melissa, and congrats? on the new job. Oh yeah, Mr. Pots you the man, way to make it look easy. Lol.

-E-

Don't cry Melissa, its gonna be ok! You did well! I get hiccups when I eat just a regular ole Jal so no shame in it! Your bro was a champ for sure. Great review keep 'em coming!

Plenty more crying came along with SS's pods Shane! lol. Started a new job this week so I haven't been able to review any more of his pods, hoping I can get a couple done today with Nick since my job is 5 minutes from his house.

yeah Melissa when it hits the back of my throat its the worst.... I cant take it either. Makes me want to gag almost. I have to say you still did very well. I can imagine that is a hot mofo. MGold did a review and it gave him a wallop

Mr. Hots ..... oops Pots... well done You were built for CHILLIESSSSS

Hot MOFO was right, but nothing compared to the Antilles FIRE!! Holy crap!!! LOL! My bro is a champ for sure, I turned him in to a chile head!! Yesssssssss!!! :dance:

great job guys. i love the flavor of those fruity yellows. i have some seeds from a yellow Carrib hab i cant wait to grow next year super fruity.

Thanks! You are right Ben, the yellows are the best tasting!!

great review!!
you where in a bit of trouble but still your braver than me!! you bro is a rock!!
always enjoy your vids keep um coming

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks Joe, I struggled but not nearly as much as the Antilles Fire! Nick has come a longgggg way, proud to have turned him in to a chile eating machine!!

Wow, looks like another winner! Great job Melissa and bro. He did an great job describing everything I'm won't even think about doing that for quite a while, last week I got burned when tasting my Hab. Mustard so I still got a long way to go

Thanks Stefan! Yes that pod was definitely a winner, will make great hot sauce and powder! Silver surfer sure knows how to grow em!! I had to dive in to tasting the super hots, if I thought about it too much I would never end up doing it! But I am scared of his pods now, crazy hot! :fireball:

Nice review, you guys can sure handle the heat.
Those Antilles Fire peppers are one of my favorite ones to grow, they put out a lot of pods that start out green and then a dull brown color into the orange then red thin skinned pack with seeds and oil with a cool wrinkle look to them and pack a punch for sure.
Keep them coming again nice review.

Why Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it, that wrecked my mouth and stomach but it sure is fun to watch! lol. I can see those pods going great in powder or sauce, but eating them alone is just :crazy: !! haha, thanks for stopping in! ;)

awesome job you guys, i like how you left the guys hangin and jumped into the ice cream tub :party: . i would have beat you to it if i tried either of those peppers.

i love how your GLOG has progressed from seed starts all the way thru to reviews with tons of photos and updates. you have my vote for GLOG of the year

Thanks Ben!! I would have fought you for that ice cream, the burn was insane!! lol. I appreciate the kind words, I have tried to keep the glog interesting and I am glad you like it! Although quite a few of the other growers have some top notch GLOGS as well. I will be doing some updating this weekend, my new job comes with the perk of getting out early on Friday's so I can't wait to go home and snap some pics! Take care! ;)

Excellent vids you guys, Way to go Juan for not drinkin' anything after the antilles fire! Keep up the great work Melissa, and congrats? on the new job. Oh yeah, Mr. Pots you the man, way to make it look easy. Lol.

-E-

Thanks Eric! I am sure that video was quite entertaining for everyone! lol. The new job is great, very very happy here so thanks for the congrats! Working for a family owned metal forming job shop, 5yrs previous experience as a buyer for this industry has made for an easy transistion! Love it! Hope it is cooling down for you in Vegas! :)

AGAIN AS ALWAYS YOU DIDN'T DISAPPOINT!! :dance:

Thanks Joe!! ;)

OK GUYS HERE IS THE VIDEO OF MY BRO AND HUBBY EATING SILVER SURFERS BHUT JOLOKIA INDIAN CARBON, BATTERY DIED AT THE END SO IT CUT OFF BUT THEY DID REALLY WELL. UPDATES TO COME THIS WEEKEND, AT WORK NOW.

HAPPY FRIDAY!! :D

All three of you do a wonderful job. A tip for showing the pods up close on the camera; put a dark piece of paper behind it when you hold it up to the camera or hold your hand flat behind it. This will help the camera focus on the pod and not all the background noise. That Yellow Billy Boy Douglah had you zingin' hahaha. Nice you get to have All of the family join in on it...I'd love for my family to embrace it but that my friends will never happen...they don't even eat raw Japs....it's a sad sad world over here in Wau-town.

Congrats on the job! It must feel great, although I'm sure it has a bitter sweet effect. Life's all about balance though right. Well wishes coming your way. KUTGF

Back