• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Melissa77754 2012 Glog

Hey Everyone
icon_smile.gif

So I figured it is about time I start a Grow log of my own and I will do my very best to keep it up to date. With two kiddos and a massive amount of plants my days can be pretty hectic. I grew jalapenos and serranos last season, had a decent harvest considering the small pot size I used. In July I met a nice lady giving away hot pepper seeds to newbies on GW, decided to give them a try, August met Smokemaster through a generous SASBE offer and the rest is history!! lol

I started a batch in late August so I have some "overwinters" if you will, living in SoCal I can grow year round with the right protection from time to time. I started out with a cheap 12'x7' hoop house and when the winds thrashed that I bought two 6x8 with shelving, still the cheaper plastic hot house type but the shelving makes it heavy and the winds don't phase it. I also have a 6x6 indoor tent with a 4 bulb T5 and 2 monster size CFL's. The growth indoors versus out does not even compare, T5's are amazing! Have to thank my bro for giving me that fixture.

I am hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew being it's my first real season growing super hots mainly. I plan to sell some plants along the way to help fund my pepper growing addiction
icon_smile.gif
My log will be pretty picture heavy which I am sure most will not mind! Enjoy and happy pepper growing to everyone!!
dancingpepper.gif

My grow list (Still need to add, started some more trays after creating this list and haven't had time to update)

"CLUBBED" SCOTCH BONNET (rec'd in trade from canada, this is the shape he explained thus the name)
7 POT PRIMO
7 POD BURGUNDY
7 POT BARRACKPORE
7 POT BROWN
7 POT JONAH BUTCH T
7 POT MOROUGA YELLOW
7 POT ORANGE
7 POT RED
7 POT YELLOW
7 POT YELLOW LARGE
AJI JOE CHOCOLATE HAND GRENADE
AJI LIMON
AJI UMBA
ANCHO MULATO
ARBOL
ARIBIBI GUSANO
BEAVER DAM
BENI HIGHLANDS
BETH MYSTERY PACK
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA INDIAN CARBON
BHUT JOLOKIA PURPLE
BIG JIM
BIKER BILLY
BIQUINHO
BIRGITS LOCOTO
BLACK NAGA JOLOKIA
BRAIN STRAIN
BRAIN STRAIN SR
CANTINA YELLOW
CARRIBEAN RED
CASCABELLA
CAYENNE GOLDEN
CHAPAEU DE FRADE
CHOCOLATE BHUT JOLOKIA
CHOCOLATE HABANERO
CHOCOLATE SCOTCH BONNET
CHOCOLATE T.S.
CONGO BLACK
CONGO RED
COSTENNO AMARILLO
DATIL
DOUGHLAH
DOUGHLAH X BUTCH T
EARBOB PI59272
EL ORO DE EQUADOR
FATALLI
GIANT JALAPENO
GRENADA YELLOW SEASONING
GUYANA PI199506
GUERRITO
HABANERO BIG SUN
HAROLD ST BARTS
HOT HUNGARIAN
INFINITY
JAMAICAN YELLOW
JIMMY NARDELLO
LIGHTNING MIX
MADAME JEANETTE
MANZANO RED
MANZANO AMARILLO
MANZANO ORANGE
MARCONI ROSSO
MOROUGA YELLOW
MYSTERY
NAGA MORICH
NAGABON
NUMEX SANDIA
NUMEX TWILIGHT
ORANGE THAI
PADRON
PEACH BHUT JOLOKIA
PEACH HABALOKIA
PEACH LANTERN
PEACH SCORPANERO
PERUVIAN GOLD
PINK HABANERO
PURPLE BHUT JOLOKIA
QUEEN LAURIE PI1281405
RED FATALLI
RED HABANERO
RED ROCOTO
RED SAVINA
SANTAKA ASIAN
SCOTCH BONNET
SUPERHOT SURPRISE
SUPREME MIX
SURINAME HABANERO
T.S. BUTCH T
T.S. MOROUGA
TOBAGO SCOTCH BONNET
TRINIDAD BEAN
TRINIDAD MOROVAS
TRINIDAD SCORPION
TRINIDAD SEASONING
TRINIDAD SWEET CHERRY
WHIT 7 POD
YELLOW HABALOKIA
YELLOW 7 POT LRG
YELLOW 7 POT X ?
YELLOW BHUT JOLOKIA
YELLOW BRAIN STRAIN
YELLOW T.S.

MY CHOCOLATE HAB IS LOADED WITH FLOWERS!
IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

RED HABANERO
IMG_2787.jpg

Sneaking in a little glog catch up time :shh: ....Is the white pod one the White 7's? ...and What is the larger yellow pod at the 4 o'clock position?
Will pm interesting development with my Brown 7/Douglah sauce.

I believe the white looking one is a pale looking peach bhut and the yellow is a Yellow 7 pot large! You guys should see my Yellow 7 pot large tree,It's around 7 ft tall and 5 ft wide and is currently blowing :onfire: up w/ hundreds of pods setting and no signs of slowing down! Will get my sis to take a pic for you all to see!

Melissa- Package arrived, can't wait to try out the contents, I am scheming for Houston departure even now. Pods are fridged up, sauce as well.
Nick-I guess that tree is why you hold your pepper so well in the video! Love to see that tree, and welcome to the "fold" :hell:
DJ

"[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]You guys should see my Yellow 7 pot large tree,It's around 7 ft tall and 5 ft wide and is currently blowing[/background] :onfire:[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] up w/ hundreds of pods setting and no signs of slowing down!"[/background]
FADF448E-6C0B-4260-9ED6-34C12B073476-7954-000002C9188F26E4.jpg

06E5D3DC-6F30-4911-AAE2-0E76FE1A0186-7954-000002C91B6932B8.jpg

Dang Nick, That freakin large yellow7 is a monster!! Very nice. Looks like you and your sister both have some good growin' goin' on! How's the taste on those large 7's? Just like the regular? Keep up the great work!

Emon069

Dang Nick, That freakin large yellow7 is a monster!! Very nice. Looks like you and your sister both have some good growin' goin' on! How's the taste on those large 7's? Just like the regular? Keep up the great work!

Emon069

Thanks! Well I only have the yellow 7 pot large,So couldn't really say but the taste is great and so is the heat on these! I'll have my sis send you some if you'd like once the next round ripens up.
beautiful plant Nick! will that one last until next season where your at?

DeNNiZ is that some sauce from Melissa? Care to share a recipe? :)

I shouldn't have a problem overwintering it,might build a canopy to cover it up from the rains once we start getting some out here in SoCal! We'll see what happens,and yes those bottles of sauce are from Melissa and I.One is a Peach Bhut Jolokia sauce w/peaches,garlic,white onion,white vinegar,water ,orange juice,cane sugar,salt to taste.I used over a hundred pods in that batch and estimate there to be around 7 bhuts per bottle of sauce,nice and hot! The other is a pretty complex sauce using various red superhots and some non supers as well,all from my sisters garden.It includes tamarind and kiwi in it,kinda winged it w/that one but came pretty darn good if I do say so myself!

Looks like the food bowl is empty (the yellow on next to the plant in the picture)! Gotta be a real beast if you actually gotta feed it with a bowl! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok guys and gals sneaking in a little update while at work :shh: It's break time over here so I might as well take advantage! Sorry for being MIA, work and life in general has consumed all my time lately. I wish we could have done some more reviews but no time to fit that in lately :( Been missing all my THP friends!! I hope all is well with everyone's grow! A few pics to get the weekend started with!

TGIF! :D

Nick's pride and joy, the 7 Pot yellow LRG beast!! Seeds came from Judy@ pepperlover.
IMG_5145_zps8f1e12c0.jpg

Large bed has exploded!
IMG_5158_zps2c0d0c7d.jpg

Cajamarca, this plant has been a great producer for me.
IMG_5159_zpsd65218b7.jpg

Yellow Brainnnnnnn :)
IMG_5147_zps2bb436a0.jpg

7 Pot Burgundy
IMG_5154_zps5315e2f6.jpg

Now for the unknowns :P
IMG_5155_zps4d8386f2.jpg

IMG_5156_zpscce7c235.jpg

IMG_5157_zps27f12f4c.jpg

IMG_5151_zps41077018.jpg

IMG_5150_zps332870ce.jpg

Back