• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Melissa's 2013 Bigger and Better grow!!

Hey everyone!!

It's been awhile since I have been able to catch up with all my THP friends! Work, family and my continuous grow leaves me no free time.BUT I don't let the lack of free time get in the way of doing what I love, growing! My outdoor season is still going, production is down because they hate the cold but still picking so I am good with that! Plants look sad but even with low 30's nights they are still flowering/setting and ripening pods. I see them on the weekend right now, my step children plants because when I get home from work it's dark! lol

I have been busy behind the scenes getting a super early head start on the 2013 season!! Fired up my indoor tent in September with my 4 bulb T5 and some monster CFL's, November added my new Quantum Bad Boy 8 bulb T5! I remembered right from the start why I love growing indoors, nice, bushy, green beautiful plants! I love my T5's!

I figured I might as well start off a fresh grow log for the 2013 year! I slacked the last few months keeping up with my old log so in with the new! :D I had a very successful year, family, friends and coworkers were introduced to a whole new world of hot peppers! I hope for this next season to be bigger and better than the last! I am going to do my best to fit in some time to keep my grow updated!

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and wishing you all a Happy new year and successful 2013 growing season!!

XOXO

Melissa :dance:

NOW FOR SOME PICS :)

Brown Rocoto
IMG_5357_zpsc6456814.jpg

White 7
IMG_5358_zps36f83f3e.jpg

Chocolate Scorpion
IMG_5359_zps4ad5bc8e-1_zps146e4f99.jpg

Billy Boy Doughlah
IMG_5362_zpsfbe13002-1_zpsddb341c5.jpg

The 1ga starts in my tent
IMG_5364_zpsb688b2b8.jpg

Yellow Billy Boy Doughlah
IMG_5367_zpse72ea1a5.jpg

Yellow Brain
IMG_5370_zpsa421411a.jpg

Sepia Serpent
IMG_5371_zpsc64fd9ec.jpg

Peach Scorpanero #2 (Aji Joe)
IMG_5373_zpsdee2710f.jpg

Hubert (Pubescen)
IMG_5372_zps5514a580.jpg

Dangitt!!! You got the jump on me!!! It'll take me a couple months to be where you are now. Denniz, I started more Primos than I need too, so if all goes well here I'll have a plant or two for you as well.

Looking really freaking good Melissa....I really like what those lights/grow room are doing for you! Keep it up, I'll be watching!

Shane

"No problem Rhody, glad I can be of help! I had plenty of varieties fail on me last year, for one reason or another. If at first you don't succeed try again! ;) If you want to give my purple bhut seeds a shot this season send me a PM and I will get them out to you."

Thanks for the offer Melissa, but I will try to start my purple bhuts from thepepperlover. I am sure they will be fine as long as I am more careful this time.

Rhody...

Hi, Melissa. Your grow is fantastic! The light set-up really
seems to be the ticket. Interesting containers, guess I missed
any info you might have given about them.

Continued wonderful success :cheers: to you, Missy!

Plants are looking spectacular Melissa, keep up the great work.

Thank you boss!! :)

Simply wow, your plants are really returning your loving care to you. That's great for only a week.

Thanks RM!

Dangitt!!! You got the jump on me!!! It'll take me a couple months to be where you are now. Denniz, I started more Primos than I need too, so if all goes well here I'll have a plant or two for you as well.

Looking really freaking good Melissa....I really like what those lights/grow room are doing for you! Keep it up, I'll be watching!

Shane

Thank you buddy! It's taken me a couple months to get here, but let me tell you I cannot control the dang things now! Growing like weeds and I am outta space! lol. I have to move some outside this weekend, can't even walk in my grow tent without moving plants out first! But I guess it's a good problem to have, should be a very early crop this year. Fingers crossed! Thanks for watching! :cheers:

Thanks for the offer Melissa, but I will try to start my purple bhuts from thepepperlover. I am sure they will be fine as long as I am more careful this time.

Rhody...

Wishing you better success with them this year Rhody! :D

Hi, Melissa. Your grow is fantastic! The light set-up really
seems to be the ticket. Interesting containers, guess I missed
any info you might have given about them.

Continued wonderful success to you, Missy!

Thank you friend! T5's are seriously the way to go, I am completely convinced! The Quantum badboy T5 is far superior than the other T5, they both work great but that one was worth every penny I tell ya! I don't think I mentioned anything about the pots, they are a plastic grow bag that I get at a local hydro shop. They come in packs of 25, $3 for 1ga and $5 for the 3ga packs. You can reuse them too so I couldn't go wrong with that purchase. I have plenty of nursery pots outside but what a pain to wash and sterilize after each use, the bags take up way less storage space and are much easier to clean. Thanks for always stopping in Paul, wishing you the best of luck this year! :cheers:

Great looking grow Mel. Your making me soooo anxious. Dd you show a picture o your light setup anywhere so I can get some ideas?

Pia thanks girl! Always nice when you stop in my grow! ;) I have a feeling you will have a killer season this year, those plants you had last year were beauties! Go to page 2 and I showed my 6x6 grow tent with the two T5 fixtures, plus one CFL. Tell that hubby of yours to buy you a tent and Quantum badboy T5! Grow tent I bought off Ebay and the quantum I got from Amazon. Good luck this year, plan on getting a box of fire from me come spring time! :D

OK JUST A SMALL UPDATE TODAY, LOTS OF WORK TO DO THIS WEEKEND SO HURRY UP FRIDAY! HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT WEEK!

These are all the 1ga babies in my tent, they live under the 4 bulb T5 for now.
IMG_5438_zps5649a026.jpg

Another shot, as you can see it won't be long before I need to rearrange, AGAIN! :banghead:
IMG_5439_zps5d1b4a74.jpg

Choc hab full of roots and ready for a bigger home!
IMG_5441_zps00ebfc78.jpg

Black Naga
IMG_5440_zps4b15f122.jpg

Antilles Fire
IMG_5436_zps4f27d787.jpg

Cayenne Golden in a cup, pinch it's flowers and it just grows more! lol
IMG_5437_zps0913fc5f.jpg

I must be crazy for starting more seeds!! :crazy:
IMG_5435_zpsc919ee9d.jpg

All the cups got booted from my grow tent due to lack of space, they are just under a 300w equivalent CFL until I make room
IMG_5434_zps2acdd205.jpg

I have BB Doughlah flowers open!! :dance: Let's hope the fan in my tent helps set a few pods indoors
IMG_5432_zpscfdbe3f2.jpg

+1 Beehunter!

Okay. Now I get it. Melissa is actually a pepper sorceress
manifested on earth to show us puny earthlings how to grow
capsicum sp.!

Girl, your grow is so awesome!

Ima get me a T5 someday!

Wow Melissa, That badboy T5 is doing wonders to your plants... Looks like im gonna have to take a drive down to Roots and see what they have in stock...

Oh... so... cool !

Thanks Greg! :D

Mel he is about to buy a whole bunch of stuff he had no idea he was gonna buy. Can you say, "brotha about to get his hustle on", aahhhhahahhahahahaha

Pia you crack me up girl!! Get that "honey do list" going!! :rofl: :rofl:

Totally rad! Your plants look so happy and green inside! Your set up is top notch!

Thanks Bee! :)

+1 Beehunter!

Okay. Now I get it. Melissa is actually a pepper sorceress
manifested on earth to show us puny earthlings how to grow
capsicum sp.!

Girl, your grow is so awesome!

Ima get me a T5 someday!

Wow Paul don't hold me up too high on a pedestal, the lights are doing most of the work for me! LOL! Thanks for the compliments, you guys are making me :oops:

Get a T5 friend, it is well worth the investment! :D

Wow Melissa, That badboy T5 is doing wonders to your plants... Looks like im gonna have to take a drive down to Roots and see what they have in stock...

Thanks Portuge! Man I would kill to live near Roots, lucky you! The liquid Buddha grow and Buddha bloom is some good stuff too, check it out, I used that stuff last year when I didn't have time to brew a tea. Good luck to you in 2013!

Very nice and lush with beautiful roots! One pepper sorceress to go please ;)

Why thank you Ramon! ;) :cheers:

You're gonna be podding up in January :dance: :woohoo: :dance: !!! Been looking at the grow bags myself, just can't beat the price! MORE STARTS??? Hahahahaha....love it!

Let's hope I can get them to pod! I shake when I do go in and they definitely have pollen so fingers crossed! :dance: Yes more starts, I just HAD to add some more varieties to the mix! lol

UPDATE

I WAS ABLE TO GET HOME TODAY IN TIME TO SNAP A FEW PICS OF THE OUTSIDE GROW, FINALLY! IT GOT DARK LIKE 10 MINUTES LATER THOUGH....LOL

HAPPY FRIDAY THP, HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!! :D

EL ORO DE ECUADOR, NOT TOO SHABBY LOOKING CONSIDERING WE GOT DOWN TO 29 LAST NIGHT!
IMG_5442_zpse8861148.jpg

IMG_5443_zps17dbe9ce.jpg

CAJAMARCA
IMG_5446_zpsdf354e20.jpg

MY BABY GIRL VIOLET NEXT TO WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A GOATS WEED, BUT LOOKING UP PICTURES ONLINE THEY ALL POINT UPWARDS AND THIS ONE HAS PODS POINTING UP AND DOWN? :think:
IMG_5447_zpsc9d49d70.jpg

THIS IS A TREE HAB/SCORP CROSS FROM SMOKEMASTER (PODS HAVE TAILS APPARENTLY)
IMG_5453_zps7475346c.jpg

PERU CUSCO
IMG_5451_zps0acbbc99.jpg

BB DOUGHLAH RED IN THE GREEN HOUSE
IMG_5454_zps525fd7f4.jpg

BAHAMIAN GOAT, THINKING OF PRUNING THOSE BOTTOM LEAVES.
IMG_5455_zps8f647bcd.jpg

RED MANZANOS, THIS BED STAYS A LITTLE TOO WET DURING RAINY WEEKS SO THEY ARE PUMPING OUT PODS BUT SHOWING SIGNS OF OVERWATER AS WELL.
IMG_5457_zpsf323ce64.jpg

THE BABIES ARE POPPIN ALRIGHT!!! :dance:
IMG_5458_zps4b574767.jpg

Holy Toledo............ah..I mean Corona...

Melissa your babies look great and your young daughter Violet is such a cutie, she has a natural smile ...

I wish my plants had peppers on them, outside of the pods I have in the freezer I find myself going down to the produce markets to buy " Orange Habs"............ :cry:

Your Bahamian Goat is starting to fork out nicely. I would cut off the lower fan...oops pepper leaves off......ha

It's beneficial to leave some of the main stem larger upper on though, shade protection but more so it could indicate a telltale sign of overwatering.......those will wilt/yellow first.

I can't wait for your outdoor shots of the garden. You have such a vast variety to display !

Have a great weekend...

Nice, Melissa. You have pepper plants at every stage of growth!

Back