• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Memorial Day (Two-Week) User-land BBQ Contest

There are no rules. It's a casual contest with a big prizes, and the winners will be determined by user polling over next weekend.

The prize box I'm providing will have items from:

Joyner's Hot Peppers
Texas Creek
Lucky Dog Hot Sauces
Dee Roo (SmokenFire)
Scotty O'Hotty
Pex Peppers
Walkerswood
Teeny Tiny Spice Co.
Meat Church
Defcon
Mild Bill's
Johnson Berry Farms
Zatarain's
Season With Spice

... so far.

I haven't poked around my Asian shelves, or the Cambro's of Modernist powders yet - but I'll be including stuff from there as well, if possible.

A prize box from JHP will be provided by Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders, thanks Chris.

A prize box from Texas Creek is forthcoming, TBD once we figure out how the voting will be organized. This prize can be donated to AnySoldier.

Just worked out a prize box from Lucky Dog Hot Sauce with Scott that will include the new Chipotle, a Dia Del Perro, and the Black label sauce (CONUS) (tctenten has sponsored this being available to an expat member if it ends up as such).

And also, a prize box from Pex Peppers that will include a pair of his sauces (CONUS).

* If you are a producer/vendor, or just looking to sponsor a prize box out of sheer benevolence, shoot me a PM and we'll get it in there ...

The more prizes the better, certainly.

Just shipped out JayT's prize box ...

I'm LOL because I never put the Lava Lips back in the box after I took the photos ...

I was worried the same was true of the Smoke Canyon, because I took a picture of 4x in a row one day when tctenten posted his - but I did put that one back after the picture ...

I'm sure JayT will be perfectly happy w/ his box, because there's a surprise in it ... but it doesn't have Lava Lips, LOL =)

someone PM me where to send what! 

please be very specific as my intuition is on the fritz right now.

1) JayT - In-Transit.
2) Booma will receive a prize box from JoynersHotPeppers (JHP).
3) JHP will receive a prize box from Texas Creek (SL)
4) Bumper - In-Process.
5) WB - Complete.

tctenten said:
Haha....no one fills out a tutu like I do.

tut.jpg

Does THP have that tagging feature yet? :banghead: I'm sending to JHP, but is that an AnySoldier box?

salsalady said:
Does THP have that tagging feature yet? :banghead: I'm sending to JHP, but is that an AnySoldier box?

Nope! ... he was happy to get to try your stuff after I raved about the Chipotle BBQ ... not that you said what you were going to use for a prize, but that is the organic way it unfolded ...

I'm chiming in for him because I know he's at a festival for at least a few more days yet ...

Ok, I'll get a box together. I can Prolly get an address from his website. Thanks, GM.

salsalady said:
Ok, I'll get a box together. I can Prolly get an address from his website. Thanks, GM.

And - AnySoldier is totally happening ... I'm allowing SF and you the space, but I will say here and now that I won't do another contest after the Biscuits & Gravy one without the prize going to AnySoldier, unless you guys have already done it ...

No package yet. Maybe later today after I get home from work it will be there.

Monday, I think it said ... I know I PM'd tracking info, but it might have only been WaffleBum's box ... I thought I did, though, so you might peek ...

grantmichaels said:
Monday, I think it said ... I know I PM'd tracking info, but it might have only been WaffleBum's box ... I thought I did, though, so you might peek ...

I did get a pm with a whole lot of characters, but I didn't pursue it.  It is a lot more fun to look for the post man like Santa Claus every day.

I did get a pm with a whole lot of characters, but I didn't pursue it.  It is a lot more fun to look for the post man like Santa Claus every day.

Since you like surprises - I'll give you something tantalizing ...

None of the bottles are individually wrapped, so it could REALLY be a surprise, LOL.

Think 1" punch ... haha ...

I am beyond words.  GM sent me a package beyond my wildest dreams.  I thought it was a bunch of hot sauces, but this guy went over the top.  I cannon begin to express my gratitude.  It was an awesome contest that I was happy to be part of, cooked a meal and never thought I was going to win.  I was elated to win, and now this!!!  I am speechless. A wok???  Holy crap.  Thank you so much.  Thank all of you who contributed to this either by donating, contributing, competing or voting.  Wow....  I have never won something so awesome in my life.  

102_0234.JPG

102_0235.JPG

102_0236.JPG

102_0237.JPG

Don't get in trouble w/ the wifey trying to use that on the range, LOL ...

I told you I was sending you the curvier, more voluptuous version ... I kept the one w/ the "flat-bottom" ... haha ...

Back