• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MisterNo's 2013 glog - still harvesting/processing... :)

It's that time of the year again, and I'm getting excited :)

I got my growing list set right at 50 varieties :fireball:
Not sure how I'm gonna pull ii off, but I sure will try :)

Here they are, in no particulare order:
Jalapeno Purple
Jalapeno M heavy corking
Fatalli Yellow
Naga Bhut Jolokia
Purrira
Bishop's crown
Red Cherry
Chile de Arbol
Big Jim Anaheim
Poblano
White Habanero
Habanero Mustard
Cayenne Thick
Habanero Red
Chocolate Habanero
Giant White Habanero
Habanero Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Red Savina
7 Pot Brain Strain
Serrano
Numex Bailey Piquin
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Cayenne Ring of Fire
Aji Cubanelle
Black Stinger
Cayenne Red
Scotch Bonnet
Somborckina
Vesena
Elephant
Yellow Trinidad Perfume
Tepin
Tigerteeth Habanero
Aji Yellow
Wiri Wiri ''Maa''
Tabasco
Peach Habalokia F2
Inca Berry
White Bullet Habanero
Yellow Trinidad Scorpion ''FG''
Red Rocoto
Wild Brasil
Yellow Datil
Fatalli Chocolate
Aribibi Gusano
Red Paper Lantern Habanero
Hungarian Wax
Orange Manzano
Orange Habanero
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon
Scotch Bonnet Orange

I got almoust everything I need ready for a start this weekend. Hope it all goes well...

It is virtually impossible to start them all in the same time, so I will try some long growing peppers like Manzano first. Any other suggestions on what to start first?

Boy, was I ambicious this season, a lot of peppers growing at my parents ranch. It might be a real problem to use all of them :D

Aji Yellow
LBWyQo0.jpg

Arabibi Gusano
WUgSemV.jpg

Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon
hMkA1X7.jpg

Datil
oSFE8Om.jpg

Inca Berry
wuh0BTA.jpg

Wiri Wiri Ma
x8lZGiX.jpg

This was supposed to be Fatalli (seed from Semillas), but it looks like some sort of Aji plant. It's HUGE, abou 130 cm in height.
APm1Llv.jpg

EDnxokX.jpg

Green Habanero
Ym4t607.jpg

Peach Habalokia
F55pMLX.jpg

Not sure whats my pic limit per post, but I'm sure I'm gonna need a bump :)

Thanks guys :D

No more pics today, I will sort out more pics tomorrow.

Sad to say, still no Pubescens pod, flowers are dropping constantly, I guess it's too hot for them.

Most of the plants look really good :)

Hey Balasz, thanks for stopping by :)

It's been a very busy summer for me, so I wasn't checking in frequently.

The good thing is - peppers are doing great.

Just a quick photo from a phone taken few days ago:
OeAm4GH.jpg

I have this kind of crops every weekend  :)
It really is plentitude of peppers. Wild Brasil, Jamaican Red and Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon are having outrageous crops, but others are doing great also. Yellow Trinidad Scorp, Peach Habalokia, Butch T, Inca Berry are yet starting to ripen, so there will be even more

One more detailed:
sPfxlST.jpg

I promise more pics and info in next few days.

Thanks for stopping by everybody :)

Thanks for posting the pics Robert! It's good to see you're having decent harvests after the cold, wet spring this year. I picked the last of the Kapijas here in Greenfield today, but I have even more plants out at my Mom's, and hopefully I'll get as much or more from her. I've roasted and peeled, then frozen about 2 kilos of them so far.

stickman said:
Thanks for posting the pics Robert! It's good to see you're having decent harvests after the cold, wet spring this year. I picked the last of the Kapijas here in Greenfield today, but I have even more plants out at my Mom's, and hopefully I'll get as much or more from her. I've roasted and peeled, then frozen about 2 kilos of them so far.

Hey Rick, thanks for stopping by!

Yes, harvests are really great, I'm very satisfied. Only Pubescens have let me down, no pods from 10 plants. They are flowering, starting pods, but then they fall off. I think that the heat was killing them, after cold spring we had an extremely hot summer. Now conditions are great, hope I can get few Pubescens pods to try out.

I already made few jars of ajvar from various sweet peppers and Poblanos, since my Kapias are just started ripening a week ago. I like how Poblanos blend in in Ajvar. Over all, Poblanos have become one of my favorite peppers, very versatile, goopd fresh or for stuffing, excellent powder :)

Also, your Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon are killers, very prolific, and the heat is insane :D

If you haven't tried the Butch T before, It'll light you up good Robert! I had a slice about 2 mm wide from the stem end of one of my pods, and I had to run for the cheese and crackers to blunt the edge of that burn after only 3 minutes! It's a nice-tasting pod, but the heat continues to build for a bit after you've eaten it. I'm smoking mine and adding it to my powder blend so I can control the heat better. Cheers!

Hi Robert,
   I thought you might like to see the Kapija peppers I planted in my Mom's garden. I thought mine were big, but hers were monsters! I started the seed you sent and gave her the bulk of the seedlings since she has the better soil... this is the result... all pods over 160 grams and the biggest came in at 208 grams.
SANY0273_zps3039cfff.jpg

Cheers!

stickman said:
Hi Robert,
   I thought you might like to see the Kapija peppers I planted in my Mom's garden. I thought mine were big, but hers were monsters! I started the seed you sent and gave her the bulk of the seedlings since she has the better soil... this is the result... all pods over 160 grams and the biggest came in at 208 grams.

Wow, Rick, very nice specimen, I had a few like this also :)
They love quality soil and a nice amount of water!

WalkGood said:
Robert your garden rocks and that harvest is awesome, great job mon ^_^

Thank you Ramon.

As soon as I catch some free time, I'm gonna check out your glog's.
Overhere season is slightly going to it's end, it looks like there will not be an Indian Summer this year. Temps are going down, by the end of September we can expect 5-7 C night temps, frost could come early this year. So maybe a month of outdoor pepper growing.

Nevertheless, I'm very satisifed with the season, not even sure what to do with all the peppers :D

Cheers!

MisterNo said:
Nevertheless, I'm very satisifed with the season, not even sure what to do with all the peppers :D

That's as good a description of satisfaction as I've ever heard Robert... good on ya, and hope you get an even better season next year!

Boy, I was out of here almoust two months? :shocked:

I just can't catch a break, working double time and weekends for all this time.

I'm sorry I missed all the fun here at the end of the season :(

We had a mild frost overhere a month a go, but some plants survived. We are still in a 10+ C night temps, during the day it still goes around 20 C. So, yes, i'm still harvesting :)

Got my first ripe Red Rocotto few days a go, very tasty pepper, mild and juicy. I think I have a picture somewhere, will try to post it later.

Hi Robert! Great to hear that the season held off long enough for you to taste at least one of your Red Rocoto pods. I didn't get any ripe from mine, and I didn't have enough space down cellar to over-winter it, but I am over-wintering an Orange Manzano so hopefully there'll be plenty for next year. Let me know if you'd be interested in swapping seeds this year, I'm up for it if you are. Cheers!

stickman said:
Hi Robert! Great to hear that the season held off long enough for you to taste at least one of your Red Rocoto pods. I didn't get any ripe from mine, and I didn't have enough space down cellar to over-winter it, but I am over-wintering an Orange Manzano so hopefully there'll be plenty for next year. Let me know if you'd be interested in swapping seeds this year, I'm up for it if you are. Cheers!

Hey Rick.

I'm still waiting for the Manzano, i have two plants still growing with a bunch of green pods, hope they can come to maturitiy in few weeks.

Thanks, I'm up for a swap! I will contact you as soon as I start preparing next season. i have to figure out what to grow first :D

Pubescens are a must, so is Orange Habanero, Wild Brasil, Wiri Wiri Ma, Arabibi Gusano, Poblano, Jalapenos, Cayennes, some 7 Pots, Butch-T, Moruga and Jolokias. The rest is open for debate :D

Back