• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

Just received some moa seed and put them in wet paper towel then on the heat mat. Looking forward to them should everything go right.

All six of my MoA seeds sprouted; the early hookers have
started putting out their first set of true leaves.  Sort of small
to get a pic, but will include one when they grow out a bit.  
Will weed down to the strongest two plants in a couple of
weeks, maybe before.

Thanks Ramon/Devv for the seeds!

My very first sprouts this year. Only started 4 MOA'S and 3 CGN 21500.  They will be in these peat pellets for awhile.

I'm growing MoA's for the first time this year with seed that came from WalkGood. Vigorous growers Ramon... It took 12 days for the first hook to show, and the other 4 popped up within a day of that!
SANY0737_zps23f8b36c.jpg

I've got three that sprouted in wet paper towel and a zip lock now in coco. I'm still waiting for them to produce a hook. One started, but also hadn't shed the case so I buried it a bit deeper.

Neil

Scotch Bonnet MOA's seem to be the chilli of choice this year ... hope you all get some great results from them .... the A grade pods look the shiznet!!

I have two plants that came up back in September I believe.  I also have 3 up from the 12 I planted last weekend.  I believe my first one up came in 5 days.

Hoping to have 14 plants in an isolated bed this year.

Not grade a yet. But she's coming along.

null_zps496fbeaf.jpg

Not grown by me. But from my local buddy melissa7754. Seeds are from the ones seed sent me from his '13 seAson. Mine are in 1 gal.

Btw. How's Ramon. ?

Back