• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

[quote name='Jamison' timestamp='1361573375' post='784846']
Only one thing Denniz. I think that you should (and just my opinion) take all pics out of this thread that are not MoA Bonnet pods or plants. Other people on the web and THP might just get confused in thinking that those pods are MoA Bonnets. Especially with a thread title like that and then the first pics of pods not being them. Again just my opinion. But like you said mon, positive vibes........ I'm truly not trying to tell you how to post in your thread, just a suggestion bud.
[/quote]

Agreed. Post # 12 and 13 are good starters.

All feedback comments and suggestions are welcome. If you have photos of your grow of the MoA seed source. By all means post. I agree. We want to keep this pure. :). Glad to see you possibly could have planted the first one in US soil. Here's to a great season.

I ordered some "true" scotch bonnets from Peppermania today. Hopefully they'll be something close to the MoA ones.

Beth B. always has very good seed. She is a great vendor.

Awesome thread! This is one I can follow! No "New hottest" bologna, just a great chile! I hope you guys have great luck with this grow, and I hope (selfishly) that there will soon (this fall?) be lots of isolated seed available!

I can assure you that there will be enough to go around!

Grew these last year and over wintered. Very tasty pepper, made great hot sauce w/ tomatillos and onion.

Def the favorite from last years grow

I think that's what keeps sucking me in to grow so many different kinds. Every time someone says it was their favorite pepper, I can't stand it, I just have to try it. I want a favorite.

I think that's what keeps sucking me in to grow so many different kinds. Every time someone says it was their favorite pepper, I can't stand it, I just have to try it. I want a favorite.

Dude, I hear you...Our problem is that our favorite pepper changes every couple of days... :cool:

Thanks to Denniz for starting this thread....the point of which, as I see it, isn't to glorify the original poster but to have a place to share the growing enthusiasm for one of the Chilehead Nation's great masterpieces: the True Jamaican Scotch Bonnet. I know Denniz and Steve feel the same way.

No kidding! That was the only yellow Chinense I grew last year. Added Bonda Ma Jaques, fatalii, and 7 pot brain strain yellow to the grow this year because of all the cheer leading on THP. I'm sure I will have a new fav this year.

sad to say this little MoA is close to being a victim of dampening... will let it grow more leaves... and will wait till it looks like its dying.. only then will i try to add cloning gel to it..
50A045A2-BEAA-4F72-93FC-49FF8B425B7F-13379-0000060506DBEE6D_zpsf6ec34bf.jpg

still have this little guy
5ABB02FE-3717-43E9-B5E3-77AEEEB8BA4A-13379-00000605339B719B_zps8327ea84.jpg

and im 3/3 hookers of more MoA... *sigh* heres hoping pepper gods are good to the dampening MoA

Interesting videos, and nice soundtrack on the first one ^^, i was surprised to hear Aswad's Dub FIre in this kind of informative video. :D

Can't wait to see these plants growing and fruting from the lucky ones who grow these MoA's this year. :)

Back