• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

Lookinn good PJ.

Are you considering to put these babies in-ground?

Hi Steve, nothing inground. My soil is all clay. I need to spend some time amending some of it, but for now i've had good success with rasied beds and containers.

One MOA will go into a 10 gallon root pouch with promix/compost/vermiculite mix.

The other will go into a raised bed thats over a foot deep so it will have ample root space to grow :)

The MOA's are loving the worm tea i gave it during the weekend :)

well i had 3 seedlings...1 i gave to Melissa (as she is a master grower).. 2 i kept.. one is still in shock and it doesnt help
that its also getting leaf miners...

the one i got from steve is not a happy camper.. i will make some cuttings and trim.. and try to clone and hope it finally wakes
up
this is how MELs seedling looks
%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o630/kingdenniz/141EB5AE-C187-40A8-B2AC-C3CA4E5F0552-3028-000001A409A36863_zps19029750.jpg

and the one i have
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o630/kingdenniz/null_zps71a569b0.jpg?t=1369373360

I finally planted out my MOAs last Friday, May 31....Please ignore the grass and weeds for now...The bed is newly constructed from the native sand, clay, and ironstone gravel; and amended with shredded branch hardwood, a.k.a. "RCW", and Osmocote 14-14-14 time-release pellets. The mulch layer is 2-3 inches of RCW.

Overview of bed, facing NE. The MOAs are the first 6 plants:

moa_row1.jpg

MOA Plant #1:

moa1.jpg

MOA Plant #2:

moa2.jpg

MOA Plant #3:

moa3.jpg

MOA Plant #4:

moa4.jpg

MOA Plant #5:

moa5.jpg

MOA Plant No. 6:

moa1.jpg

Thanks Greg...They're all mixed up...The photo labeled "Plant 4" is actually Plant 3...I'm just going to put some markers in the ground to avoid all that...

Back